Sponsored

NEW! Just Installed LED Fender Lights Compatible With Sport Flares!

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
So I came across these on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/UTV-PRO-Sequential-Compatible-2018-2020/dp/B08DKHDTRZ?th=1 )and pulled the trigger....man do they look great! Much more OEM-style than the alternatives for the Sport flares and they are a pretty straight forward install.....took me around 1.5 hours or so because I have never removed my flares/inner fender liner and light assembly.

WARNINGS:

- You will need a Tazer or equivalent to get rid of the flicker. These lights do come with a resistor but I was not comfortable with putting something that hot in a plastic flare.
- You will break a few fender flare clips! I advise picking up some spares or keeping some zip-ties on hand!
- Your side markers can develop a flicker. I am trying to find a work around but for the moment, mine have a small flicker/ a couple spots are not lighting up properly.

Below is a photo of the DRL strip and a video of the sequential turn signals :

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Just Installed LED Fender Lights Compatible With Sport Flares! image0 (5)

Sponsored

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
Just wondering how you like these still, it has been a little since you installed.

Were you ever able to successfully get rid of the flickers?

Also, do these fill the entire gap where the original lights are in the fender? No trimming?

Thanks

OP
OP
Yondu_JLU

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Just wondering how you like these still, it has been a little since you installed.

Were you ever able to successfully get rid of the flickers?

Also, do these fill the entire gap where the original lights are in the fender? No trimming?

Thanks
They are still fantastic. I love how they look and thus far I have had no issues *knock on wood*.

I did not find a solution for the side marker flicker yet. I verified that they were plugged in all the way, yet it still flickered. I am guessing that the lack of a resistor on the DRL end is causing more voltage to run to the DRL as opposed to the side marker as well....it would explain the sporadic nature of the flicker. For now I have just unplugged my side markers entirely....might try to go with one that utilizes 1-2 LEDs as opposed to the Oracle ones that have a dozen or so per marker.

Yes, these fill the gap for the Sport flares. You do not have to trim your flares one bit and the wiring comes completely ready for a plug n play install. You will need to remove your factory harness as these come equipped with a new harness that plugs directly into the LED strips as opposed to a bulb.
Sponsored