Sponsored

new JLURD on Monday!!

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I have not used Off Road+ yet I keep meaning to do that. I know it take that little lag out of acceleration significantly. It is a big difference when you first use it, of course after several months I am use to it. I run track setting all the time at first I the accelration was significant using pedalmonster.

I know there are several here who have tested it out and will have a better answer. But there were was a noticeable difference when I first installed it.

I am sure I would see a huge difference if I turned it off.
I know I don't care for Off Road+ in 4 low. The shift points are way long to me. 1st is very high RPM's and the shift is rough. Even in 4 hi the shift point seems too long and causes a much rougher shift than I'd like. Would certainly like to hear from anyone else on Off Road+. Pedal Monster may be in my future.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Two purchase suggestions:
  • Throttle enhancer (Pedal Monster or Pedal Commander)
  • Gauge to monitor regens (Scangauge or iDash)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I know I don't care for Off Road+ in 4 low. The shift points are way long to me. 1st is very high RPM's and the shift is rough. Even in 4 hi the shift point seems too long and causes a much rougher shift than I'd like. Would certainly like to hear from anyone else on Off Road+. Pedal Monster may be in my future.
Are you using it in 4hi when you need wheel slip at speed so you can drift through loose stuff like sand? That's what it's designed for in 4hi.

I'm still testing it out in 4lo. I had high hopes for it, but I'm not sure if I like it yet.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Now I am wondering if Off Road + works with my GDE tune... If I launch it in first, it'll spin the tire if I am not in 4hi. If off road plus lets me lock the rear diff in 2hi, wheeee....

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Just make sure you use the diesel pump! Gas is bad. :)

Congrats on new JL Diesel, love mine completely. I got a pedalmonster to take even more lag out of it. Not necessary at all but cool little tool.
The is a really big difference between putting gas in a diesel car and putting diesel in a car that takes gas.

Sponsored

Garry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 2022 JLUD Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Trading in my trusty 2018 Rubicon 3.6 in on a 2022 Rubicon diesel, it arrived early (yesterday) and I went to take a look and test drive today. Dealer provided a full tank of gas and DEF fluid. I drove it about 10 miles a mix of stop and go and 55 mph highway speeds. Its very smooth on the power delivery and quieter than I expected inside and outside the vehicle (the 3.6 is louder inside). Funny, power delivery is so smooth that initially I'm thinking it doesn't feel much different then the 3.6. But when I drove the 3.6 home I noticed the difference, having to put my foot in it a lot more and down shifts to pass slower traffic where the diesel stays in the same gear and makes passing much easier, also initially the MPG screen was showing 19 to 21 mpg (it has to adjust) when I got back to the dealership it displayed 30 mpg, that put a smile on my face.....
Your gonna love it, getting 28.5 on mine on trips and 23 in town just over 4k on it. it's my second fav jeep so far.

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Your gonna love it, getting 28.5 on mine on trips and 23 in town just over 4k on it. it's my second fav jeep so far.
So far so good, I switch my 35s from the 2018 over, getting about 28 mpg highway 26 combined so far, I like the indicated range of miles to empty :clap:

IMG_1236.jpeg

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Now I am wondering if Off Road + works with my GDE tune... If I launch it in first, it'll spin the tire if I am not in 4hi. If off road plus lets me lock the rear diff in 2hi, wheeee....
That's not an Off Road+ option, but a Tazer JL Mini will let you do that.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not an Off Road+ option, but a Tazer JL Mini will let you do that.
Ah. Might have to spring for the software upgrade...

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I already have a Lite.

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

I wasn't a fan of OR+ in 4lo myself it seemed too aggressive and I've just used 4lo and lockers if necessary. I plan to give it another try here in the future. OR+ in 4hi however is excellent in my opinion. I used it in the sand dunes and it really helps out with how it changes throttle response and allows higher wheel speed.

Edit: BLD in 4lo was too aggressive

Last edited:

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I wasn't a fan of OR+ in 4lo myself it seemed too aggressive and I've just used 4lo and lockers if necessary. I plan to give it another try here in the future. OR+ in 4hi however is excellent in my opinion. I used it in the sand dunes and it really helps out with how it changes throttle response and allows higher wheel speed.
Same experience here. I was under the impression that in 4lo it would make everything less aggressive. It seems to make it more aggressive.

Come2elmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chev 2500 HD, 16 Chevy Burb
It's a diesel thing.

People will rib you about diesel vs gas. Purists only call it diesel or fuel. Gas is gasoline, not diesel. It's a lot like the "Don't call a Jeep a car" crowd.

Welcome to the club.
I get funny looks when I tell people I am going to put fuel in the oil burner. Apparently that means different things to different people...

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Same experience here. I was under the impression that in 4lo it would make everything less aggressive. It seems to make it more aggressive.
Sorry when I said too aggressive I was talking about the BLD. Honestly don't remember the throttle response. If I'm on the rocks in 4lo I'm usually driving with two feet for more control.
Sponsored