Sponsored

New JLUR 392 (~150 Miles), Caster is 3.7 and 4.0 degrees, dealer says it’s within spec

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
UPDATE: (or the lack of it…) was around ~300 Miles

Jeep wave closed the case. They said they are not able to help. I have pasted their response below -

“Deposited a new message: My name is xxxxx. With deep wave, we spoke, um, about the alignment on your vehicle. Um, I did try to get some information. However, we do not have that information on the specific specifications, um, because it, it does depend on what tires you have, what packages you have. So each vehicle is different. Um, so unfortunately, I am not able, um, I'm not able to access that information. Um, so I have, I have nothing. I'm able to send you for it. Um, but I do appreciate the phone call, sir. Um, I'm gonna go ahead and, uh, and close the case, um, and the only the only recommendation that, um we can make is, you know, if you, if you disagree with, uh, what the dealership told you, you do have you you do have the right to get a second opinion. Um, but again, I do not, I do not have access to specific alignment specs for the vehicle. Okay. Um, I'm sorry. I wasn't very helpful to you. I do apologize. Um, but thank you so much. And have a wonderful day, sir."
There is zero chance I would be listening to even the simplest of information from this person if that's how they TYPE. That is unacceptable from ANY customer facing service rep. Made even worse because it's in written form. WTAF.
Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
I actually like that response. Finally a customer service rep with the guts to tell you the truth so you don’t have to waste more time with them getting transferred around. I wish more would say upfront “I can’t help you”

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
There is zero chance I would be listening to even the simplest of information from this person if that's how they TYPE. That is unacceptable from ANY customer facing service rep. Made even worse because it's in written form. WTAF.
I absolutely agree. @JeepCares should be all over this!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD > BMW X5, Toy > JLUR 392
I am guessing (and hoping) that the transcript is from a voicemail translation.
My apologies guys, this is a transcript from the voicemail (my iPhone), I just crossed out the reps name for privacy reason.

Cheers!

Next update once I find out when I’m getting the Jeep back.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
My apologies guys, this is a transcript from the voicemail (my iPhone), I just crossed out the reps name for privacy reason.

Cheers!

Next update once I find out when I’m getting the Jeep back.
At least the guy was being honest with you rather than giving some story…

OP
OP

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least the guy was being honest with you rather than giving some story…
Absolutely.
It’s a ‘her’ in this case.

The interaction made it easier for me to take a call on fixing it myself, investing in some good tools.

Sponsored

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Absolutely.
It’s a ‘her’ in this case.

The interaction made it easier for me to take a call on fixing it myself, investing in some good tools.
And you were able to make an informed decision on what to do and move on from it, rather than getting stringed along and wasting your time.
A similar thing happened with me and my order for the Jeep. My Jeep was built and had been "lost" for a time in the delivery process. The guy I was speaking with said to me that it must look like they dont know what they are doing, and told me about the limited amount of information they have access to with the process of shipping the Jeeps. At least then I knew whenever talking to them that they too didnt know what was happening.

OP
OP

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: No jeep yet, it’s still at Jeep Service (will be ~2 weeks tom).

the original problem with the suspension/ alignment is out the window for now. Jeep mechanics are still working on making it drivable. The driveline is binding on turns, somewhat like you have all lockers engaged.

Text transcript from my conversation with the service rep -

“Hello! We got the new drivetrain control module in the Jeep but are still having an issue with the service 4wd light still being on. We may have another issue within the clutches for the transfer case. We have to open a star case for the tech to communicate with the engineers in order to further diagnostics procedures.”

OP
OP

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe go drive the piss outta it?!?!?!?
the only problem with this is that the Jeep needs to be in drivable condition and I should have possession of the thing. It’s at the workshop with the transfer case/ clutches etc out (as told to me by the service rep).
Sponsored