OP

TKE490

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S Diesel
I had no idea what this was when reading your post until i looked at the pictures you posted along, the two top pics are clearly the windshield and sensor for adaptive cruise control and the red is highlighting where it goes...they drew you a pic :)
Ya don't know about "clearly the windshield" lol. I see it now that I know what the part is but pic could just as easily be the gloves box (the angle it makes when down similar to pic), center console, some panel under the dash I can't see, some panel under a seat, some panel not applicable for my model and hence why it was in my glove box, a tv, a hood, an engineer who can't read but is learning how to draw squares...
I mean, is it THAT hard or costly to write a few words? Have you seen the instructions for the Mopar trailer hitch? Same crap. So your on step 5 but there's no words so you gotta stop and look at page 1 to see what part B13 is and then go to page 2 to decipher the damn hieroglyphic cave man pictograph image to see what they want you to do with part B13, THEN go back to step 5 and perform it and so on- absolute insanity when a few words would suffice. Mopar think jeep people are too stupid to read or what?

IMG_20211105_213836_891.jpg

IMG_20211105_213836_680.jpg

IMG_20211105_213836_805.jpg
Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Ya don't know about "clearly the windshield" lol. I see it now that I know what the part is but pic could just as easily be the gloves box (the angle it makes when down similar to pic), center console, some panel under the dash I can't see, some panel under a seat, some panel not applicable for my model and hence why it was in my glove box, a tv, a hood, an engineer who can't read but is learning how to draw squares...
I mean, is it THAT hard or costly to write a few words? Have you seen the instructions for the Mopar trailer hitch? Same crap. So your on step 5 but there's no words so you gotta stop and look at page 1 to see what part B13 is and then go to page 2 to decipher the damn hieroglyphic cave man pictograph image to see what they want you to do with part B13, THEN go back to step 5 and perform it and so on- absolute insanity when a few words would suffice. Mopar think jeep people are too stupid to read or what?

Jeep Wrangler JL New JLUD- Unknown part in glove box, What is it IMG_20211105_213836_805

Jeep Wrangler JL New JLUD- Unknown part in glove box, What is it IMG_20211105_213836_805

Jeez!
Makes Ikea look like a walk in the park.Never knew that hahahaha

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Mopar think jeep people are too stupid to read or what?
Mopar wants to sell stuff all over the world. If you make instructions that don't have any text, then there is nothing to translate. That is also why most modern vehicles have all these weird pictograms on all the controls.

I've dealt with those issues from both sides. As a consumer, I'd rather just have some text please, but as a doc writer and user interface designer, it sure is tempting to cut text out of the picture. No text, no hassles.

OP
OP

TKE490

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S Diesel
Mopar wants to sell stuff all over the world. If you make instructions that don't have any text, then there is nothing to translate. That is also why most modern vehicles have all these weird pictograms on all the controls.

I've dealt with those issues from both sides. As a consumer, I'd rather just have some text please, but as a doc writer and user interface designer, it sure is tempting to cut text out of the picture. No text, no hassles.
No hassles for the designer sure, but for the consumers your marketing the product to and who will have a direct impact on the success/sales of said product.... I know what horse I'd feed. Lol

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I can assure you I know how to pronounce it, and I'm a salesman, but also had Jeeps my whole life.
You are truly a Unicorn! 🦄 My local Jeep dealerships are full of folks that haven't a clue about anything related to a Wrangler other than they are "really popular and that you can take the top down (although some aren't sure hot to do it). 🙄

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
No hassles for the designer sure, but for the consumers your marketing the product to and who will have a direct impact on the success/sales of said product.... I know what horse I'd feed. Lol
I can't say you'd be making the wrong choice, but the entire industry seems to have gone with the stupid pictograms. What does this switch do? It's an ice pick hovering over a polar bear with a surf board. Intuitive!

I think we can all blame LEGO for this. LEGO instructions have been doing this for decades now. You buy the Mopar aux switch kit, and it's like LEGO instructions. That one did have some text, but not enough. It was absurdly hard to install. Two days, I think?
Sponsored