New JLUD- Unknown part in glove box, What is it

TKE490

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S Diesel
Howdy, quick question- just bought a new JLUD Sport S and in glove box is this cover looking thing just loosely placed in there. I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy. Salesman didn't know what it was either. Has Mopar part number 56029828AA stamped on it, pulls up as "Module Cover- Mopar" on part look up and has a cost so presumably important but no further description, diagram gives me no insight, and I don't want to throw it away if I need it. Doesn't specify what module it's supposed to cover. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thank you.

20211118_122017.jpg

20211118_122027.jpg

20211118_122038.jpg
Sponsored

RKKRAWL

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392
It's the cover for the Adaptive Cruise Control in front of the rear view mirror, used when and if you ever drop your windshield.

OP
OP

TKE490

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the cover for the Adaptive Cruise Control in front of the rear view mirror, used when and if you ever drop your windshield.
Gotcha, thank you. Also is it still needed if I don't have adaptive cruise control?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Gotcha, thank you. Also is it still needed if I don't have adaptive cruise control?
It will keep dirt out of there, so it would serve a function. But most people never fold their windshield down in the first place. It's a bit of a PIA (you need to remove the wipers) and you don't get all that much out of it.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
It will keep dirt out of there, so it would serve a function. But most people never fold their windshield down in the first place. It's a bit of a PIA (you need to remove the wipers) and you don't get all that much out of it.
the most wasteful design we pay for.

OP
OP

TKE490

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, found out moot point anyways since I have a one touch and found a thread (after starting to fold down just to see the cover spot y'all were talking about) that you can't without damaging seals. Lol thank God I checked before proceeding. That's fine though cause as you said, it's a pretty useless feature. I can't ever remember going down a trail and thinking "God I wish I could experience flying rocks, mud, and debris hitting me in the face from the guy in front of me's tires! Why, oh why must there be a damn windshield protecting me from it?!" Lol. Some people are all about it, and that's fine, takes all types to make the world go round, it's just not for me lol. Course then again you still got a surprising number of wheelers thinking an extended snorkel's primary purpose on today's electronically run vehicles is so they can ford 5+ ft deep water crossings and not get water in their intake.... nevermind the short diff and trans breather tubes they didn't extend or the massive amount of electronics that will fry, or the fact that at some point their going to become buoyant for a time, etc lol. Minor details..

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
I like the window folded down when in the dunes, - and putting down the window is a 'breeze' :giggle: ...and yes, I use the cover.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Yeah, but design a Jeep where the windshield doesn't fold down and people will have a cow. Even though almost nobody actually folds it down. Tradition. 🤷‍♂️
I do it whenever temps are going to be 85° or higher all day, and I do it with a TJ, which is quite a bit more of a pain than the JL. Very, very much looking forward to my JL so I can do it more of the time.

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Do salesman not do deliveries anymore on vehicles? I show my customers how everything works, and what everything is on the vehicle they bought. I've seen this question asked several times on what that is.

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Howdy, quick question- just bought a new JLUD Sport S and in glove box is this cover looking thing just loosely placed in there. I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy. Salesman didn't know what it was either. Has Mopar part number 56029828AA stamped on it, pulls up as "Module Cover- Mopar" on part look up and has a cost so presumably important but no further description, diagram gives me no insight, and I don't want to throw it away if I need it. Doesn't specify what module it's supposed to cover. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JLUD- Unknown part in glove box, What is it 20211118_122038

Jeep Wrangler JL New JLUD- Unknown part in glove box, What is it 20211118_122038

I had no idea what this was when reading your post until i looked at the pictures you posted along, the two top pics are clearly the windshield and sensor for adaptive cruise control and the red is highlighting where it goes...they drew you a pic :)

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Ah, found out moot point anyways since I have a one touch and found a thread (after starting to fold down just to see the cover spot y'all were talking about) that you can't without damaging seals. Lol thank God I checked before proceeding. That's fine though cause as you said, it's a pretty useless feature. I can't ever remember going down a trail and thinking "God I wish I could experience flying rocks, mud, and debris hitting me in the face from the guy in front of me's tires! Why, oh why must there be a damn windshield protecting me from it?!" Lol. Some people are all about it, and that's fine, takes all types to make the world go round, it's just not for me lol. Course then again you still got a surprising number of wheelers thinking an extended snorkel's primary purpose on today's electronically run vehicles is so they can ford 5+ ft deep water crossings and not get water in their intake.... nevermind the short diff and trans breather tubes they didn't extend or the massive amount of electronics that will fry, or the fact that at some point their going to become buoyant for a time, etc lol. Minor details..
lol, exactly. My windshield was folded down only once. When I was installing something on the top of the dash. It was very convenient. But the Jeep didn't move an inch that way.

Then again, when would you get a chance to use these? (and don't forget a snorkel for yourself)
Jeep Wrangler JL New JLUD- Unknown part in glove box, What is it 1637277964358

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Salespeople don't even know how to pronounce "Willys". Neither did I until I started doing some digging on it.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I can assure you I know how to pronounce it, and I'm a salesman, but also had Jeeps my whole life.
Sponsored