Sponsored

New JLU Rubicon 392 broken again

Hemi-Blu-Who

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Smokey Mountain, 2021 Rubicon 392
I received my Hydro blue 392 about 6 months ago. The first time it left me stranded was on a trail. Just a dead battery. No room on the trail to jump, so I pulled a friend's battery and carried it down the trail to get the Jeep started. Dealer tested and replaced battery free of charge. Had to buy a battery I don't need to get home which I can't return.
Next the rear lockers quit working. Positioning sensor failure inside the rear differential is filling with gear oil. Part listed as extreme back order. Did first oil change. Traveling across the US currently, when I started the car it won't go into gear. Stuck in park. Jeep left me stranded saying they couldn't find anyone to tow the car. With help from friends and family I got it to the closest dealership 100 miles away. After a day I was told the transmission lost all the oil. Part replacement is estimated at 3-4 weeks. Waiting for a replacement while 1600 miles from home in the middle of our trip. Jeep just hit 6 months old and 10,000 miles.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
That's why I didn't buy a hydro-blue one. j/k, sorry that's happened.

OP
OP
Hemi-Blu-Who

Hemi-Blu-Who

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Smokey Mountain, 2021 Rubicon 392
Transmission lost all trans fluid? Where did it go if it wasn't on the ground?
It is probably on the ground, but a few drops at a time over many states, I would still consider it lost. No warning about low oil, just "shift to park and back to gear".

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It is probably on the ground, but a few drops at a time over many states, I would still consider it lost. No warning about low oil, just "shift to park and back to gear".
I don’t believe there is a single vehicle on the road that will tell you transmission fluid is low.

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Damn sorry for your issues. We are about to embark on a similar journey and this is my fear. Potting axle sensors since Jeep has ignored this problem. May carry a bypass harness too.

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
So sorry to hear this also.

t1d3nio

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
Just had my rear axle replaced for the same issue. No indication whether the root cause was actually remediated or not. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Awfully funny that Buick is toward the top when they share every mechanical part with a Chevrolet.
Maybe it is a factory assembly issue vs a parts issue? Maybe the Chevrolet factory workers smoke pot and drink alcohol on their lunch hour like these Chrysler employees do?

Sponsored