New JLU Rubi - Ordered and Delivered

1. Gray Fox

Gray Fox Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    18 JLU Rubicon, 16 Mercedes Benz GLE 350 4Matic, 15 Honda Accord Sport, 12 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Crew
    Liked:
    Just wanted to echo all the nice things said here about Travis and Tri-City Jeep. My wife’s lease on her MB was coming to an end and she wanted something different. We had looked at Jeeps at the local dealers and for a loaded Rubicon, most wanted near MSRP. We had been able to get about $1000 off. We saw all the great comments about Travis, and since we were 100 miles away, decided to visit him one day, just to make sure he was for real. He priced the Rubi, gave us 6% below invoice, which was $7000 off. We ordered on 7/14 and were expecting a 8-12 wait. We got the VIN on Tuesday (after a Saturday order). On Wednesday 8/1, we got a call from Travis saying it had arrived that morning. That was after Jeep told us on Monday it was awaiting transport and would be 3 weeks.

We picked it up on Saturday, 8/4, only 3 weeks after ordering. No games, tricks or add-ons. We spent about 3 hours there, but that was mainly us, driving and talking. You can be in and out in less than an hour if that is what you want.

Granite Crystal Rubi, body colored top/fenders, polished lip wheels, Jeep safety, steel bumpers, cold weather, leather, tow, nav, keyless entry, led.

urbanlegend and UNC Rubicon like this.
  2. abecker

abecker Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Rubicon
    Liked:
    I picked up my 2 door Punk'n Rubi Saturday as well. I would agree that there are no gimmicks, no hassles and an overall great buying experience. I see you are in the lake norman area so if you see an orange Rubi waving its probably me. If I don't wave i'm probably scrolling through the Sirius channels (so many to pick from).

urbanlegend and UNC Rubicon like this.
  3. RUSTYS

RUSTYS Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rusty
    Vehicle(s):
    JLUR
    Liked:
    Guitar slinger
    I saw you and your wife. I drove in from PA and picked up mine Saturday too. It was the Orange one.

4. LLRubylady

LLRubylady Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lisa
    Vehicle(s):
    ‘18 Rubicon Mojito!
    Liked:
    Looks like I'm going to have to give Travis a call. I want to order a 2019 as soon as they open up.

UNC Rubicon likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Gray Fox

Gray Fox Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    18 JLU Rubicon, 16 Mercedes Benz GLE 350 4Matic, 15 Honda Accord Sport, 12 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Crew
    Liked:
    Saw you there too. Hard to miss Punkin. My wife and I both went to Tennessee so Big Orange Fans. She couldn’t pull the trigger on something that bright!