Sponsored

New JLU Owner with Sirius Guardian questions - help?

Pcljl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
About a week ago we purchased a 2018 JLU Rubicon with the 8.4 Nav system. (We love the Jeep!) I am signed up for Sirius Guardian and have the latest app. The remote functions are working. Just a few questions:

1. When does the Vehicle Data update? I would have thought whenever the car is on and then parked. Or when an app-based remote function is invoked (i.e., it would grab the vehicle data when it’s talking to the car. Neither seems true. (I am not referring to the Vehicle Health Report which sounds like it should arrive monthly.)
  2. In the Uconnect app, under Menu > Vehicle Preferences > Message Settings, my phone is listed as “000-000-0000.” The correct phone number is set and visible on Mopar.com and the Sirius Guardian website. It’s just the app that has bogus info. I called Sirius and the agent said she had “heard about this happening before” but didn’t have a solution. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
About a week ago we purchased a 2018 JLU Rubicon with the 8.4 Nav system. (We love the Jeep!) I am signed up for Sirius Guardian and have the latest app. The remote functions are working. Just a few questions:

1. When does the Vehicle Data update? I would have thought whenever the car is on and then parked. Or when an app-based remote function is invoked (i.e., it would grab the vehicle data when it’s talking to the car. Neither seems true. (I am not referring to the Vehicle Health Report which sounds like it should arrive monthly.)
  2. In the Uconnect app, under Menu > Vehicle Preferences > Message Settings, my phone is listed as “000-000-0000.” The correct phone number is set and visible on Mopar.com and the Sirius Guardian website. It’s just the app that has bogus info. I called Sirius and the agent said she had “heard about this happening before” but didn’t have a solution. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.
I just looked at my app. I'm not sure what you mean by "vehicle data" however I did notice as you stated that my phone number is all zeros as well. Are you asking about it updating you on the remote starts and door lock/unlock? I honestly never looked at the app so close before so I'm curious.

OP
OP

Pcljl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The Vehicle Data is on the Info tab of the app. For example, my app currently says “VEHICLE DATA UPDATED 2 DAYS AGO.” The app data appears to include Fuel Level, Tire Pressure, Odometer, and Oil Life.

The remote features are working fine. I was just curious what triggers an update of the Vehicle Data. I can’t find a way to manually refresh it, and I don’t recognize a pattern for how it’s automatically refreshing.

Here’s a screenshot of my app (trying to upload a file)

4BCB9190-3790-440E-B7BA-647AC295AABD.png

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
The Vehicle Data is on the Info tab of the app. For example, my app currently says “VEHICLE DATA UPDATED 2 DAYS AGO.” The app data appears to include Fuel Level, Tire Pressure, Odometer, and Oil Life.

The remote features are working fine. I was just curious what triggers an update of the Vehicle Data. I can’t find a way to manually refresh it, and I don’t recognize a pattern for how it’s automatically refreshing.

Here’s a screenshot of my app (trying to upload a file)

4BCB9190-3790-440E-B7BA-647AC295AABD.png
Wow I didn't realize that app worked for my Jeep! I tried using it before I had guardian running and it didn't do anything so I just forgot about it. That being said, I looked at it and mine updated 6 hours ago. I looked all over their website and the FAQs and I could not find an answer for when it updates other than the monthly emails. I wonder if the app is the problem? Maybe it doesn't support live updates?
Sponsored