New JLU owner... Not too Happy

Leticia29

First Name
Leticia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Hello my name is Leticia, just bought a New JLU Sahara. But 2 days after I took it home, Remote start wouldn't work. So took it in, they kept it for 4 days. Found out it was a cut wire in the harness, that registers if the door is closed or not. That was repaired and I finally get to pick it up, remote start works Great. Then 2 days later I go to turn on my AC, to find out no cold air blowing. So I take it back, they said it had No Freon in it, so they charged it, tried it briefly it blew super cold air. Turned it off, because I don't need the AC. Now the next day after leaving the service Dept. I start my JLU, and hear a Hissing sound coming out of the defrost vent area. It only makes it when I have the air on and comes and goes. Also ONLY the driver's side vents blow out Cold air, the passenger side vents just blows regular temp air, maybe like 70°-73°. So I'll be taking it back Monday to drop it off. Just not too Happy about it, they've had it longer in their possession than I have, since I bought it. I truly hope this is the last issue I have with it.
Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That is UNSAT!! I would have the Dealer take It back and get another one. How many days have you actually had it in your possession and how many days in service? I would be contacting FCA or someone at Jeep.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Definitely keep careful records. Unfortunately the Texas lemon law seems focused on an individual defect vs a cascade of failures, but nonetheless:

If your new vehicle has been out of service for repair due to a defect(s) that substantially impairs the use or market value of the vehicle due to defects covered by the warranty for a total of 30 or more days during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles, and the problem still exists. If no comparable loaner vehicle was provided to you by the dealer during this time period, you pass the test.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Did they say how/why the wires were cut?

Did they say how/why there was no freon?

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Hello my name is Leticia, just bought a New JLU Sahara. But 2 days after I took it home, Remote start wouldn't work. So took it in, they kept it for 4 days. Found out it was a cut wire in the harness, that registers if the door is closed or not. That was repaired and I finally get to pick it up, remote start works Great. Then 2 days later I go to turn on my AC, to find out no cold air blowing. So I take it back, they said it had No Freon in it, so they charged it, tried it briefly it blew super cold air. Turned it off, because I don't need the AC. Now the next day after leaving the service Dept. I start my JLU, and hear a Hissing sound coming out of the defrost vent area. It only makes it when I have the air on and comes and goes. Also ONLY the driver's side vents blow out Cold air, the passenger side vents just blows regular temp air, maybe like 70°-73°. So I'll be taking it back Monday to drop it off. Just not too Happy about it, they've had it longer in their possession than I have, since I bought it. I truly hope this is the last issue I have with it.
Were both sides of the cab set to be in sync as far as temp goes?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Yep, it begins. Let me try to stop this before it begins. A auto manufacturer produces hundreds of thousands if not more of each vehicles yearly. Yes, everyone has issues, recalls, things to work out that may affect some people. Find one manufacturer who has never delt with a recall, issue, whatever. Am I making excuses, hell no. Am I defending the company I work for, hell no. Am I saying chill out and don’t worry, yes. Maybe you got a lemon, maybe it’s all f-ed up. Maybe they will all be just terrible. I’ve been doing this long enough to know, not everything is perfect. Has everything you have ever bought, worked perfectly for the time you owned it? Doubtful. Yes, it’s a lot of money, the great tjing is, it’s under warranty! Not hating on the OP here. I’m just saying I was waiting for the first one and here it is. I’m not commenting on any more of these and don’t ask my thread about issues down the road. I hope you issue gets resolved Leticia.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Leticia, after spending a lot of money on a vehicle, no doubt having issues is frustrating, I would not be happy. Hope Jeep can work it out satisfactorily for you.

That said, I can guarantee two of those problems will not occur when I get a JLU. Because my base Sport will not have remote start or dual zone climate control! I've heard people discount the notion that added features and complexity can lead to more issues. Count me in the camp who appreciates a more simple vehicle, particularly if designed well so the owner can service items.

Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Actually this one not the first. I picked mine up this past Monday. Wednesday night my airbag sensor warning came on. Dealer says bad sensor, but can not get a replacement. So for now I have a $50k lawn ornament. These things happen, sensors can go bad anytime. Only wish my dealer would give me a loaner till I can drive the jeep

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better, there are some other users in the Issues, Repairs sub forum who are also without their JL.

It's the reason I'm holding off on my purchase. I'd expect these types of issues with any new generation of vehicle and although it hasn't made my re-think my plans, I'm giving my local service departments some time to "learn on the job" and start stocking parts.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Leticia, I think I know how you feel. I'm waiting for a Hella Jella Jeep during my mid-life crises (that's what the family says). I bought three brand new Mercedes S Classes in my live. All were in the very early production stage. My latest one (W222) I got delivered and I could not even start it! The keyless start did not work. I mean, it' a Mercedes. A S Class. Brand new and you cannot even start it? So I left the dealer without car and pretty angry. I sat down and wrote a much more angry email to the technical board member of Daimler. You won't believe, but it helped. I got respone from his secretary and they directly contacted the dealer, worked it out and gave me (after asking me what they can do as a small compensation for my troubles) a roof rack for free. So this can happen, especially in early stage production, where the quality test's need improvement. It's also important that the manufacturer get this feedback. Otherwise they cannot improve.

I was realy angry, but now I must say that this things can happen and it's just important, how they handle it.....

I hope you get it fixed soon and contact FCA directly....

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
Very sorry for your trouble. Both of these sound like assembly errors, not problems with design or defects with materials, so presumably at the end of this ordeal you'll have the Wrangler you wanted.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I was a very early adopter of the JK. I bough the first JK that my dealer got in stock. I paid for it in many days wasted with trips to the dealer for many issues. It's another reason I'm waiting for the 3rd year of the JL before buying. Lemon laws focus on one problem multiple times, not a laundry list of problems.
Sponsored