Sponsored

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I’ve scheduled an appointment for Feb to request to have just the software updated. All the parts with the exception of the pitman nut are the same. Hopefully I won’t run into any issues.
Sponsored

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
Just chiming in like everyone else. Check the power steering fluid. Checked mine today and it was down 3-4 oz. Bought a bottle at the dealer and added it this afternoon. Seems to have improved the dead spot issue although I need a good highway trip to be sure.

Yup, check your fluid level. Drove 100 miles on the highway today and no dead spot. It still wanders a tad bit but this sure helped.

Last edited:

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Got mine back the other day with its 2nd steering box and wow what a difference. My Jeep finally steers properly and doesnt have 2-3 inches of play on either side of center. I did have to fill my fluid back up yesterday. The steering is now nice and tight and im a happy camper. Plus 2 oil leaks were fixed.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Got mine back the other day with its 2nd steering box and wow what a difference. My Jeep finally steers properly and doesnt have 2-3 inches of play on either side of center. I did have to fill my fluid back up yesterday. The steering is now nice and tight and im a happy camper. Plus 2 oil leaks were fixed.
How did you get dealership to replace the new steering box? I got mine replaced last year and it made it worse. Been trying to get dealership to replace with a new one.

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
How did you get dealership to replace the new steering box? I got mine replaced last year and it made it worse. Been trying to get dealership to replace with a new one.
i took it to the same dealer that did the first one, talked to the service writer and he went and saw how bad the dead zone was they replaced it. I believe he did have to get it approved but as bad as it was they were able to. This dealer has been really good to work with.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Where was the oil leaking from? What did they do to fix it? And had the been putting in 6 quarts instead of 5 quarts?

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Where was the oil leaking from? What did they do to fix it? And had the been putting in 6 quarts instead of 5 quarts?
front cover on the engine, one of the sensors, and i think the passenger valve cover gasket. tore it all down and replaced the gaskets. hopefully its fixed and doesnt leak anymore ill have to check it once i put some miles on it and it warms up. Its a balmy 20 degrees here in va and im not about to lay under it to look lol

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
Hi, what is the most current TSB on this issue. Any new additions to the new TSB. I read a stabilizer was added, I could be wrong.

Sponsored

OP
OP

spudf16

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Dr
Hi, what is the most current TSB on this issue. Any new additions to the new TSB. I read a stabilizer was added, I could be wrong.
There is a november revision (003-21 Rev A) which added an additional part to be replaced (pitman bolt).

I am in the process of ordering a roadmaster exactcenter to see if that will help with the last 1-2 inches of deadspot.

Take a gander at this thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eering-stabilizer-new-for-jeeps.84839/page-17

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
There is a november revision (003-21 Rev A) which added an additional part to be replaced (pitman bolt).

I am in the process of ordering a roadmaster exactcenter to see if that will help with the last 1-2 inches of deadspot.

Take a gander at this thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eering-stabilizer-new-for-jeeps.84839/page-17
There is a software update with this also... I brought my Jeep back for it...software update did make a small improvement. They didn't change the pitman bolt though... I sense Jeep added that to the TSB in case the old one had an thread issue etc..but I can't see how that would change the steering if the bolt was fine?

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR

depending on how bad your dead spot is, you could ask your dealer to look at it and replace it a second time.. Mine had a bad dead spot i took it back and they ended up replacing it a second time. it eliminated ALL of the play. I did have to fill the fluid up twice since the second box went in. They did the pitman bolt, and all of the updates as well. it finally drives great.

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
depending on how bad your dead spot is, you could ask your dealer to look at it and replace it a second time.. Mine had a bad dead spot i took it back and they ended up replacing it a second time. it eliminated ALL of the play. I did have to fill the fluid up twice since the second box went in. They did the pitman bolt, and all of the updates as well. it finally drives great.
I have January 21, 2021 TSB, but I can't find November 2021. I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealership.

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)