Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Was as loaner offered?

(I got my TSB done in Bayside, but the previous version of the TSB)

I'm curious what's different between the old versus new TSB...
Bayside is really nice. I actually know the owners from bayside and security. Security just gave me a better deal. Plus every time i was given a loaner no issue. When I got the new TSB update. It was a bit tighter but soon went to shit as you can see in the photos above. I personally just think it’s my specific wrangler. The few out of the bunch
Sponsored

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Was as loaner offered?

(I got my TSB done in Bayside, but the previous version of the TSB)

I'm curious what's different between the old versus new TSB...
See post #2964 above for all the links to the TSBs.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Bayside is really nice. I actually know the owners from bayside and security. Security just gave me a better deal. Plus every time i was given a loaner no issue. When I got the new TSB update. It was a bit tighter but soon went to shit as you can see in the photos above. I personally just think it’s my specific wrangler. The few out of the bunch
I'd like to see a video. (if possible)

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
All - See attached full TSB 08-074-20!!!

TSB 08-074-20.pdf
Hello...Not familiar with procedure...Do I call dealership? they are never to excited to do free work, how do I encourage their cooperation? I'm in a 2019 JL so this is ME, any direction will help, thanks and thanks for posting

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
I'd like to see a video. (if possible)
Its too long to post on here even shortened at 11 seconds. Can share on instagram if you like. If not look up before with the pictures and think of that much play and the tires staying straight

Sponsored

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
All - See attached full TSB 08-074-20!!!

TSB 08-074-20.pdf
Hello, so what is the proper protocol to get the (MY) local dealership to carry out this TSB, do they have to do it? LOL, do they know that? Sorry, have some wiggle in my steering, from reading this, will have this done before I check my CA bushings...thanks

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Its too long to post on here even shortened at 11 seconds. Can share on instagram if you like. If not look up before with the pictures and think of that much play and the tires staying straight
whats your IG, I’ll msg you

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
"
Don't know how to send a link....it's TSB 08-003-21
Hey Thx for providing this TSB link. Thought all was done and good after the original TSB came out. But after reading this later TSB - noticed that a track bar and wheel alignment were now required for my 2018. Went to my dealer today to confirm - and sure enough after a required inspection - agreed that my track bar must now be replaced as per this later TSB. They ordered the parts.

So for those unaware - your early built (prior to 01/22/19) JL only - may also qualify for this required track bar replacement. Thought you all should know Stellantis was perfectly ok with this. Just reference this later TSB link and let your dealer do their required inspection. So they can get reimbursed fully for everything.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/tsb-08-003-21-pdf.420454/

Did go for another quick blast on a very rough FSR before my appointment with the dealer this past weekend. Always amazes my family and friends - how super compliant the JLUR OEM tires and suspension are at speed - even at normal pavement 30 PSI. Floated right over the ruts and potholes. Now if we took the time to air down to 15 PSI - would have been like a magic carpet ride. Haha! Definitely love this beast even with all the plentiful warts and all. Such fun.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I'm pretty sure the new gearbox used for the TSB is the one that comes in the 21... Hopefully they made some other tweaks and corrections.. Would be curious to hear from 21 owners.
I'm a little late (21 owners don't necessarily read this thread) but I wanted to report that I don't relate to any of these steering issues that I've heard people talk about. With an exception? When I first got the vehicle, the tires were significantly over-inflated. It created a nice big play area right in the center of steering. After a little air-down to 37 psi, things were great.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Just had mine done at 10,000 miles on my 2020 JLU Rubicon Recon. With covid and not commuting to work as often, I didnt really notice any issues for a while but started to notice it on the highway this past summer as I drove more. My aluminum box wasn't terrible, but it wasnt as good as I felt it should be given the TSB I knew about being around for over a year now. Anyhow, I brought it into the dealer in september to have the fuel line looked at per the recall and mentioned it felt like it wanders on the highway a bit and no questions asked they ordered the new steering box for me. Took nearly 2 months to get the part, but I brought it in today and they did the job. Feels great! much tighter and easier to control with less correction and no visible dead spot in the steering. I've been very happy with the few warranty things my particular local dealer (Bedford Jeep in Bedford Hills, NY) has done. (I still do my oil and rotations DIY for therapy lol)

They also performed a courtesy alignment just since they took a few things apart when the did the box, just to make sure it was perfect. really happy with them, and the steering feel.

Sponsored

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Just had mine done at 10,000 miles on my 2020 JLU Rubicon Recon. With covid and not commuting to work as often, I didnt really notice any issues for a while but started to notice it on the highway this past summer as I drove more. My aluminum box wasn't terrible, but it wasnt as good as I felt it should be given the TSB I knew about being around for over a year now. Anyhow, I brought it into the dealer in september to have the fuel line looked at per the recall and mentioned it felt like it wanders on the highway a bit and no questions asked they ordered the new steering box for me. Took nearly 2 months to get the part, but I brought it in today and they did the job. Feels great! much tighter and easier to control with less correction and no visible dead spot in the steering. I've been very happy with the few warranty things my particular local dealer (Bedford Jeep in Bedford Hills, NY) has done. (I still do my oil and rotations DIY for therapy lol)

They also performed a courtesy alignment just since they took a few things apart when the did the box, just to make sure it was perfect. really happy with them, and the steering feel.
They damn right have to perform an alignment after and before to see and change. But also keep us updated ina. Couple months or miles down the road.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
They damn right have to perform an alignment after and before to see and change. But also keep us updated ina. Couple months or miles down the road.
I agree. Certainly makes sense to do so given all the parts that shift around during installation although I didn’t recall the TSB specifically saying to do an alignment. So I’m glad they were thorough.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

I've read this thread since the beginning. I fought to get mine fixed that long. The first day -- delivery day== went back to the dealer and said "fix the steering box"....they said "It's a Jeep thing" Long story short,, the first TSB solved my problem. Almost. But well enough.

Many owners have talked about tire inflation not being set right on just-delivered Jeeps. Thanks for reminding us. I'm sure you will help a lot of people.

Learned long time ago--fix the simple things first.

DaveL

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Someone told me a long time ago that **** used to reward the service people that rejected the most warrant claims an expensive vacation....

That's an F*** word not a J*** word.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey Thx for providing this TSB link. Thought all was done and good after the original TSB came out. But after reading this later TSB - noticed that a track bar and wheel alignment were now required for my 2018. Went to my dealer today to confirm - and sure enough after a required inspection - agreed that my track bar must now be replaced as per this later TSB. They ordered the parts.

So for those unaware - your early built (prior to 01/22/19) JL only - may also qualify for this required track bar replacement. Thought you all should know Stellantis was perfectly ok with this. Just reference this later TSB link and let your dealer do their required inspection. So they can get reimbursed fully for everything.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/tsb-08-003-21-pdf.420454/

Did go for another quick blast on a very rough FSR before my appointment with the dealer this past weekend. Always amazes my family and friends - how super compliant the JLUR OEM tires and suspension are at speed - even at normal pavement 30 PSI. Floated right over the ruts and potholes. Now if we took the time to air down to 15 PSI - would have been like a magic carpet ride. Haha! Definitely love this beast even with all the plentiful warts and all. Such fun.

I'm glad it helped.
I had the first TSB done. Not by the dealer that sold the JLU; they couldn't or wouldn't read there, even though the TSB we handed them was highlighted to help.

Make sure they ask the right questions. What speed? In Canada they had to confirm the problem FCA Jeep said that. The first dealer crawled along on brand new paved roads. Said no problem. Our steering issue was at highway speed. The JLU was unsafe until fixed with the Steering Gear replacement.

Never had the second TSB done.
Sponsored