Sponsored

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
Got the TSB done today and can feel improvement. wanted to get this done before I lift so it wouldn’t exaggerate the issue. With this done can I expect more improvement when adding an upgraded steering stabilizer?
Sponsored

slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Ocean Blue Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Supposedly had mine accomplished. To my surprise when I opened the hood I still had my aluminum box still installed (tension nut on top was moved from original spot). Dealer provided paperwork stating they swapped it out with the steel box. Anyone else have this issue? Messaged @JeepCares awaiting a response. Returning to the dealer tomorrow.

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
Supposedly had mine accomplished. To my surprise when I opened the hood I still had my aluminum box still installed (tension nut on top was moved from original spot). Dealer provided paperwork stating they swapped it out with the steel box. Anyone else have this issue? Messaged @JeepCares awaiting a response. Returning to the dealer tomorrow.
That’s no good. Do you have a photo from where you can see it from the engine bay.

slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s no good. Do you have a photo from where you can see it from the engine bay.
not the best but you can see it’s aluminum and part number doesnt match the paperwork.

1CD3DF96-C9EA-4120-B549-2DF4797191EC.jpeg

FE27DF68-6F0D-4DDC-B3DD-B964BDF14247.png

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
not the best but you can see it’s aluminum and part number doesnt match the paperwork.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") FE27DF68-6F0D-4DDC-B3DD-B964BDF14247

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") FE27DF68-6F0D-4DDC-B3DD-B964BDF14247
That's really bad. I hope you can get it worked out.

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Does anyone know how to get ahold of JEEPCARES? I've contacted all three of my local Jeep Dealerships on Oahu Hawaii, and NONE of them even know what a TSB is! They just keep telling me "There is no recalls for my Jeep". I then inform them that this issue is not a "Recall" it is a "TSB", and they in turn tell me there is no recalls. I have an appointment on Monday, and have a very bad feeling about this....(This has to do with he Aluminum Steering Box TSB 08-03-21).
Aloha!

You can contact @JeepCares via a PM on the Forum. Just click on their icon and hit "start conversation".

You may want to show the dealer the TSB; you can access the TSB at: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/tsb-08-003-21-pdf.420454/

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
so is this something that a person could install themselves? I’m out of warranty.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
You can install the new parts yourself, however the dealer will still be needed for the EHPS programming and any sales code updates that need to be applied to make the new parts work correctly.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Does anyone know how to get ahold of JEEPCARES? I've contacted all three of my local Jeep Dealerships on Oahu Hawaii, and NONE of them even know what a TSB is! They just keep telling me "There is no recalls for my Jeep". I then inform them that this issue is not a "Recall" it is a "TSB", and they in turn tell me there is no recalls. I have an appointment on Monday, and have a very bad feeling about this....(This has to do with he Aluminum Steering Box TSB 08-03-21).
Hi! We see your private message now and will continue working with you there!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
If that's a 2021 model with the 'new' steering box then it's not worth wasting my time to go have the TSB done lol. That video looks exactly like the play my 2020 w/ aluminum box has.
So and inch or so each way steering with slow response is normal on Wranglers? I sent the video to the dealer, I'll see what they say.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
So and inch or so each way steering with slow response is normal on Wranglers? I sent the video to the dealer, I'll see what they say.
My 2020 had about an 1" to 1.5" of play with the factory aluminum box. After the change to the steel box I can't detect any play at all.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Sheesh I would love to not feel any.. I can row the wheel back and forth pretty good.. like 3-4'' it seems w/o changing direction in the least. I've thought it was everything from draglink to tie-rod to control arms, all the stuff everyone else replaced trying to fix the annoying steering and it was the damn steering gearbox. IT SHOULD BE A RECALL! But dealerships would still ignore it like they ignore my clutch noises.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Is this too much play? Screencast of me driving: https://www.screencast.com/t/fbV10XHaA8Ay
That's about where I am after the TSB was performed.

I went on a 600 mile drive this past weekend, and it is much better on the windy highways. I used to be scared I would be pulled over for drunk driving just becasue it was hard to keep straight - but now - even with that play - it feels tighter and easier to keep in a straight line.

So I'm clear - I don't drive drunk but I'm sure it looked like I was.

Steering is tighter at slower speeds.

slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whats your steel box
My 2020 had about an 1" to 1.5" of play with the factory aluminum box. After the change to the steel box I can't detect any play at all.
Whats your steel box look like?
Sponsored