Sponsored

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
In relation to Dusty’s experience and having the right code update done (70F), I’ve attached a copy of my work order. I don’t see a reference to a code update. Does anyone know if it should be listed?

4179A460-0E29-4BA0-8201-EE07B21D4115.jpeg

C379AE20-0632-4EAA-AB6E-8F7D02FA6870.jpeg
Sponsored

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
In relation to Dusty’s experience and having the right code update done (70F), I’ve attached a copy of my work order. I don’t see a reference to a code update. Does anyone know if it should be listed?

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") C379AE20-0632-4EAA-AB6E-8F7D02FA6870

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") C379AE20-0632-4EAA-AB6E-8F7D02FA6870
Only 2018 and 2019 gets the 70f sales code. 2020 doesn't get the code.

Dealership should be able to show the updated options page in the system on your VIN. You will need to request for one..

NomadicTaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Welp I did the vacuum bleed procedure on my JL today and the fluid didn't move at all haha. I suppose there is no air in the system and it is what it is.

Thanks for recommending the procedure as a double check and its probably smart for everyone to do it regardless.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Dropped off my Jeep on 4/3 and was told they would need to perform a diagnostic check and would charge me $169 if no issue was found but fee would be waived if tech authorized TSB install after diagnostic. I have a 3.5 EVO lift with 37's, but I explained the steering issues were there before installing the lift. My hopes were not high at this point, I was pretty certain they would blame the lift and not perform the TSB. So you can imagine my surprise when I received a call 4/7 to let me know they would install TSB and had the parts in stock! I should get my Jeep back this weekend and will report back!
Ensure they upgrade the computer to have the 70F steering reflash. Very important little part of the steering TSB.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Ensure they upgrade the computer to have the 70F steering reflash. Very important little part of the steering TSB.
He has a 2020 model Russ. I don't believe that the 70 F applies to him.

Sponsored

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Picked up my Jeep from the dealer this weekend, TSB completed! I confirmed the black cast iron steering box was installed, and they performed an alignment. My initial impressions are minor improvements. Less wandering, better steering feel, still some steering play but less than before. All improvement are minor, so I guess my steering was not that bad to begin with. I'm still glad the TSB was performed while still under warranty, steering used to get worse when it was hot outside so that shouldn't be an issue anymore, and piece of mind knowing my Jeep has the updated steering gear so I can stop wondering if I was missing out on better steering.

Tsb invoice.jpg

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Picked up my Jeep from the dealer this weekend, TSB completed! I confirmed the black cast iron steering box was installed, and they performed an alignment. My initial impressions are minor improvements. Less wandering, better steering feel, still some steering play but less than before. All improvement are minor, so I guess my steering was not that bad to begin with. I'm still glad the TSB was performed while still under warranty, steering used to get worse when it was hot outside so that shouldn't be an issue anymore, and piece of mind knowing my Jeep has the updated steering gear so I can stop wondering if I was missing out on better steering.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") Tsb invoice
Agree it is minor improvements. However it is good enough where I feel more confident to do the jeep wave without flying off the road and into a ditch.

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Is there a reason for wranglers to have loose steering? Mine has a little play, I can turn steering wheel an inch left and right without any response while going down the highway. Takes a bit to get used to.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Is there a reason for wranglers to have loose steering? Mine has a little play, I can turn steering wheel an inch left and right without any response while going down the highway. Takes a bit to get used to.
Combination in the nature of solid axle offroad vehicle and bad engineering in the steering. Or jeep just wants keep drivers on their toes at all times.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Does anyone know how to get ahold of JEEPCARES? I've contacted all three of my local Jeep Dealerships on Oahu Hawaii, and NONE of them even know what a TSB is! They just keep telling me "There is no recalls for my Jeep". I then inform them that this issue is not a "Recall" it is a "TSB", and they in turn tell me there is no recalls. I have an appointment on Monday, and have a very bad feeling about this....(This has to do with he Aluminum Steering Box TSB 08-03-21).

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Mine was a little worse prior to the TSB although I got used to it. It is much tighter post TSB.
My JL a 2021. Is TSB available for it? Should I take into dealer to have them check it out?

My 18 year old was driving it after I brought it home and the first thing she said is the steering is much looser than her Jeep Liberty. So if she noticed it immediately it must be pretty bad. Sometimes feels like trying to micro steer my boat.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase