Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I contacted @JeepCares a while back and honestly, without their help, I would have never gotten the TSB done. My dealer kept saying not available. I had the work completed last Monday and the difference between before and after is amazing. Took about 4 hours to complete. No charge. At the same time I had the speedo recalibrate for 125 dollars. The steering is very tight now. Even with the cooper stt pro 35 inch tires no wander or slop.
Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Going to reach out to my dealer about this next week. Did my first multi-hour highway trip in this Jeep and it was a white knuckle anxiety inducing drive. It's been fine around town, anything 65 or higher felt very difficult to keep in lane, and any vehicles passing the opposite direction caused significant involuntary swerving.
Those were my exact symptoms. Below 60 mph was fine. Anything 60+ mph became interesting and tiring on long trips.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Put my order in for the new gearbox today and to schedule the recalls. He said he'd give me a call in 'about six weeks'. I asked if I get some type of receipt for placing the service request and he said no, we'll give you a call when it's here.

Should I hold my breath? lol It's been 40 degrees and it's not bad but today it hit 75 deg so I took a quick vid on the way to show him. That's all he needed to see. I'm tired of this boat steering...
I think some dealers are full of shit. I dropped my Jeep off on Saturday, 3/27/21, they gave me a loaner. They flashed the Radio TSB on Monday ordered parts, did the install Tuesday and I had a call Wednesday that my Jeep was done and I picked it up yesterday. Oh, and they did the alignment after the box was installed. I don't think I could have asked for better service.

Sponsored

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I dropped my Jeep off today. The head technician road around with me driving my Jeep. He noticed the wandering and said that the steering was off center. They're going to perform the TSB.

He said some people had reported they didn't notice a difference, but they was going to take care of mine. He mentioned since it's a 2018 that they will be replacing the track bar also.

I got a little wary when the service adviser was asking me about mods, but I think he was just curious and said he liked my Jeep. I got a Jeep Renegade for a loaner, that's much better than the minivan I got before.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I finally escalated to JeepCares. I brought mine to Jeep Autonation West in Golden, CO on 9/30 after a little back and forth they agreed to order my parts. Again...they have "ghosted" me as the kids say these days. No updates, no anything and I know from past experience they will take your patience as weakness. They literally never called me back about a rear glass replacement for my defroster. For kicks I just let it run to see how long it would go and 14 months before I brought it in for this TSB was it fixed.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
If anyone in here that has recently had the box replaced and there was little improvement I have an idea if you are willing to try it. You need time basic mechanical ability and a hand held vac pump like this.

After doing mine myself and following the FCA procedures for bleeding the box I have a feeling there is still air remaining in the system. I had to do the procedure 6 times before I stopped adding fluid.

You will also need to get a rubber plug from Home Depot and drill a hole in it and the correct power steering fluid.

You basically get a plug to fit in the power steering reservoir, attach the vacuum pump, apply 22” of vacuum, hold the vacuum for 5 minutes and slowly release it. It will suck the reservoir dry.Add fluid and keep repeating this until it stops sucking in fluid.

19251FDD-56DA-4F77-B780-412E53EBCE34.png

0FAC6119-054D-4D07-AEFD-7127F6CC9E23.jpeg

NomadicTaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If anyone in here that has recently had the box replaced and there was little improvement I have an idea if you are willing to try it. You need time basic mechanical ability and a hand held vac pump like this.

After doing mine myself and following the FCA procedures for bleeding the box I have a feeling there is still air remaining in the system. I had to do the procedure 6 times before I stopped adding fluid.

You will also need to get a rubber plug from Home Depot and drill a hole in it and the correct power steering fluid.

You basically get a plug to fit in the power steering reservoir, attach the vacuum pump, apply 22” of vacuum, hold the vacuum for 5 minutes and slowly release it. It will suck the reservoir dry.Add fluid and keep repeating this until it stops sucking in fluid.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 0FAC6119-054D-4D07-AEFD-7127F6CC9E23

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 0FAC6119-054D-4D07-AEFD-7127F6CC9E23
Man I wish you made a youtube video of this!

Sponsored

NomadicTaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Its really pretty simple. After bleeding it with the vac pump 6 times I drove it for about a week, I STILL had to add about 3oz of fluid to it today....
This may sound like a silly question so forgive me. Do you put the power steering cap back on prior to starting the vehicle and turning lock to lock or is it best to leave it off?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
This may sound like a silly question so forgive me. Do you put the power steering cap back on prior to starting the vehicle and turning lock to lock or is it best to leave it off?
You have to put the cap back on. I also let mine sit under vacuum over night.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Good to know. I ordered the stuff to do it and I'll probably knock it out next weekend.
Would you be able to make a video? I’d love to see how it’s done.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer