Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Ours has a dead spot, but overall tracks straight (crown of road dependent).

We are taking it to Jeep Beach next month, it will be over 2,000 miles round trip. I will see if the warmer weather makes it worse then it is now in any way shape or form.

I really am on the fence whether to get this TSB done or not. If it tightens up the steering some and lessons or removes the dead spot I have now, it would be excellent. I also have seen it making things worse for some.

Might be worth the gamble..........
Sponsored

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
Ours has a dead spot, but overall tracks straight (crown of road dependent).

We are taking it to Jeep Beach next month, it will be over 2,000 miles round trip. I will see if the warmer weather makes it worse then it is now in any way shape or form.

I really am on the fence whether to get this TSB done or not. If it tightens up the steering some and lessons or removes the dead spot I have now, it would be excellent. I also have seen it making things worse for some.

Might be worth the gamble..........
I hear you. I was also “on the fence” on this one.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I hear you. I was also “on the fence” on this one.
I went ahead and scheduled an appointment online. I am sure they will contact me and have to order the parts, and ask me follow up questions.

Fingers crossed this will be a good experience. It is with the dealership I purchased from.

Reactions: LS7

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Had the fix done today, night and day difference! No more wandering, no dead spots, no pull.

Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Well it definitely exists, I called two of the people I know at FCA and neither would say anything other than they would look into it. Which is very strange for them. Normally it’s a two hour conversation for a 10 second question. Really interested to know what the change was, they have changed prefixes in the past just for changing manufacturing locations, if that was the case I would think they would have just told me that.

D15B82F8-7B5B-4805-8E9F-5E578A2C49C1.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

spudf16

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Dr
Well it definitely exists, I called two of the people I know at FCA and neither would say anything other than they would look into it. Which is very strange for them. Normally it’s a two hour conversation for a 10 second question. Really interested to know what the change was, they have changed prefixes in the past just for changing manufacturing locations, if that was the case I would think they would have just told me that.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") D15B82F8-7B5B-4805-8E9F-5E578A2C49C1
And part 68507571AB (for the 2-door model) also exists.

wild...a new part is out there. Why no comms from the company?

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
My AA Box was replaced with an AB box last week. Still has a dead spot but the fluid was low, topped it up yesterday so the verdict is still out.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Dealer ordered parts for TSB-08-003-21, says about a week or 2 for arrival. I will then schedule the install. Hoping it will tighten up the steering and remove the dead spot.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Well here is the response I received from FCA regarding the new suffix AB

“My colleague in Chassis and suspension provided me with the following: "They added a lead in chamfer for assembly. no change in performance."
Sponsored