Sponsored

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Anyone have the most recent TSB for this? The one I have is from August. I had the box changed but wondering if they flashed the computer as there is still some dead spot. Its overall "better" but the "feel" is still not great.. Might just be the design.
This is what you're looking for. Some of the replies in this thread have been extremely positive, so I'd go back... I'm bringing mine back tomorrow and will send a detailed update..
Sponsored

Attachments

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Thanks everyone for the detailed posts! I had the steering gearbox replaced and now I'm going back to see if the software update was performed.

But wondering if anyone else has experienced this - I can slowly work the steering wheel around while barely actually turning the wheels - almost like it slips.
Attached is a realllly exciting video...

Anyhow, if there's anything helpful. I'll be sure to post a full report - this my third trip back. I reached out to Jeep Cares. And they seem to really care.. serious.

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
This is what you're looking for. Some of the replies in this thread have been extremely positive, so I'd go back... I'm bringing mine back tomorrow and will send a detailed update..
Thx.. Looks like the software update codes are the same as recommended from the original TSB... I just didn't ask or verify if they were done.. I will have to pull up my paperwork.

Let me know how your visit goes.. My dealership was pretty good.. I would imagine they would check if asked.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Got mine done yesterday. Haven't drive it much yet besides home and it was windy so jury is still out. I did feel like I could tell a difference although the Jeep drove poorly overall since the software got flashed.
I have a Tazer Lite that I normally leave in all the time to keep ESS off every time I drive. I did remember to unplug it before taking the Jeep in.
When I picked up the Jeep, the radio wanted me to schedule a uconnect update. No big deal and first hint that the dealership did the software updates.
Jeep drove poorly home and by that I mean I could tell that my tire size and gear ratio were set back to factory. I confirmed this this morning. When I plugged back in my Tazer this morning I had to set the tire, gear, and tpms back to my correct settings for 37s and 5.13s.
Pretty sure the radio and the Tazer settings reset confirm the dealership did the software needful.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Got mine done yesterday. Haven't drive it much yet besides home and it was windy so jury is still out. I did feel like I could tell a difference although the Jeep drove poorly overall since the software got flashed.
I have a Tazer Lite that I normally leave in all the time to keep ESS off every time I drive. I did remember to unplug it before taking the Jeep in.
When I picked up the Jeep, the radio wanted me to schedule a uconnect update. No big deal and first hint that the dealership did the software updates.
Jeep drove poorly home and by that I mean I could tell that my tire size and gear ratio were set back to factory. I confirmed this this morning. When I plugged back in my Tazer this morning I had to set the tire, gear, and tpms back to my correct settings for 37s and 5.13s.
Pretty sure the radio and the Tazer settings reset confirm the dealership did the software needful.
There are two different software updates as mentioned in the TSB. They may have updated one and not the other. If it still has a dead spot, I would get them to verify via a print out that shows 70f on it.

Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Just a FYI. I know a few people have 2020’s. The 2020 will not show a 70F sales code. That only applies to 18-19’s. I confirmed this with a member of the FCA engineering team.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
i brought our 2020 JLUR back in for them to look at it still having a dead spot after having the box replaced a couple months back. they had another new box on site so they installed that to see if there would be an improvement and there was not, still handles the same, same dead spot. i was specific about checking if they made the software update and the tech said he was certain it was done. he was pretty frank about saying they were getting 80% better results with the new box, but most of them still had that dead spot. when the weather warms up a bit i'll see if there's any play in the drag link and tie rod and maybe start there.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
i brought our 2020 JLUR back in for them to look at it still having a dead spot after having the box replaced a couple months back. they had another new box on site so they installed that to see if there would be an improvement and there was not, still handles the same, same dead spot. i was specific about checking if they made the software update and the tech said he was certain it was done. he was pretty frank about saying they were getting 80% better results with the new box, but most of them still had that dead spot. when the weather warms up a bit i'll see if there's any play in the drag link and tie rod and maybe start there.
I would be very interested to see why the other 20% are still having issues. I had a chance to play with one of these new boxes yesterday and there was still quite a bit of play in the sector shaft, I have a feeling FCA is still setting the lash on these in the loose side.

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
Apologies in advance, I was following along well but lost track. Just traded my '19 in for a '21 JLUR and it feels sloppy. I am thinking I am not a fan of the MOPAR 2" lift but my question is, this TSB has been incorporated in the new Jeeps correct? I am assuming that to be the case. TIA all.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Mine went in Monday, today got the call the new box is installed, but the software wont flash without error... Might get it back tomorrow.

Sponsored

Tsalvador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
Apologies in advance, I was following along well but lost track. Just traded my '19 in for a '21 JLUR and it feels sloppy. I am thinking I am not a fan of the MOPAR 2" lift but my question is, this TSB has been incorporated in the new Jeeps correct? I am assuming that to be the case. TIA all.

10 days at the dealer - 2021 JLURD.

2 alignments done on my own (unbeknownst to me the Jeep had such a cancer)

no dead spot but a pretty annoying right pull

pictures of me driving a straight line having to apply pressure to the left to keep it straight

READ the dealer tech comments. My blood has been boiling since.

case escalate to Jeep wave case manager - comments back are “according to the dealer vehicle as per specs, drives normal”

First wrangler for me. Regretting my 66K MSRP vehicle.

@JeepCares has been responsive here on the forum but so far based on what I read and feedback from dealer - I’m on my own to fix an engineering flaw.

hundreds of comments of drivers with same issue resorting to upgraded steering stabilizer shock, mopar LCA’s from the 2” mopar lift kit.

frustrating.

and read again the tech comments. It’s pathetic. “Vehicle not meant to drive straight the whole time “

3D77E73A-A817-4D27-A78C-D4F72F53FBE6.jpeg

9AE94B86-9279-4E37-9D05-94A7DE463C52.jpeg

80A992F8-F838-4798-A987-9CAD5EFFE7CD.jpeg

6E88FA42-E5C8-4AD5-A7EF-544601FC04CB.jpeg

01BA4BA6-4D01-4734-85FE-3004C7F32729.jpeg

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
10 days at the dealer - 2021 JLURD.

2 alignments done on my own (unbeknownst to me the Jeep had such a cancer)

no dead spot but a pretty annoying right pull

pictures of me driving a straight line having to apply pressure to the left to keep it straight

READ the dealer tech comments. My blood has been boiling since.

case escalate to Jeep wave case manager - comments back are “according to the dealer vehicle as per specs, drives normal”

First wrangler for me. Regretting my 66K MSRP vehicle.

@JeepCares has been responsive here on the forum but so far based on what I read and feedback from dealer - I’m on my own to fix an engineering flaw.

hundreds of comments of drivers with same issue resorting to upgraded steering stabilizer shock, mopar LCA’s from the 2” mopar lift kit.

frustrating.

and read again the tech comments. It’s pathetic. “Vehicle not meant to drive straight the whole time “

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 01BA4BA6-4D01-4734-85FE-3004C7F32729

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 01BA4BA6-4D01-4734-85FE-3004C7F32729

Same pull to the right, have to keep the wheel about an inch to the left to go straight. Goes in Friday, will see what they say....

Tsalvador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same pull to the right, have to keep the wheel about an inch to the left to go straight. Goes in Friday, will see what they say....
Your JL is a 2021? I hope you have better luck than me. I file a complaint with NHTSA as well. I start ti get a feeling that the fix comes from all these things - longer LCA from the mopar lift kit, steering stabilizer shock and maybe something to else. Seems everyone is taking the matter on their own hands.

just ordered the longer mopar LCA’s - $80 with shipping. Next will need it installed. Let’s see how it goes.

beyond frustrating.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
just ordered the longer mopar LCA’s - $80 with shipping. Next will need it installed. Let’s see how it goes.
Hate to tell you but longer control arms aren't likely to correct a steady pull. Is the pull any different when you're in the left lane of the expressway as opposed to the right lane?

Tsalvador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to tell you but longer control arms aren't likely to correct a steady pull. Is the pull any different when you're in the left lane of the expressway as opposed to the right lane?
no sir. Pull is the same in every street (yes I thought it could be the highway deeper road tracks)
Side streets, parking lots, slow, fast, doesn’t matter.... pulls to the right and requires a constant wheel pressure ti the left so it tracks straight.
Sponsored