Sponsored

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Anyone that had the steering TSB done and have their software flashed for the 70f code care to upload a copy of their service receipt? I am sure many of us want to show this to our dealers so they can perform the same service. Thanks.
Sponsored

THEREED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Anyone that had the steering TSB done and have their software flashed for the 70f code care to upload a copy of their service receipt? I am sure many of us want to show this to our dealers so they can perform the same service. Thanks.
I had the dealer show me a report but mine said 70FA which I’m still trying to figure out what that means

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I got to go ahead and get this done. I'll contact the dealer that just fixed my ESC & auto start/stop light issue, they identified the vacuum pump and replaced it with no issue.

I mentioned this TSB to the service lady but wasn't really pushy about it. She seems really nice but didn't know anything about this. i'll have to give her a call to get this done.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Even if the service receipt says they updated the software it isn’t verification that they did it. You need to get them to print out the options report that says the steering pump software code is 70f. My receipt from the first dealer said they updated the software and a different dealer showed me the options report that showed and old code. You can show the dealer the TSB as it shows the two different software updates required.

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had the dealer show me a report but mine said 70FA which I’m still trying to figure out what that means
It means that the steering pump software was updated. I believe the new software increases the voltage to the steering pump which reduces the dead spot while driving, depending on the speed of the vehicle.

When I had my steering box upgraded to the new version it reduced the dead spot some but not all the way. They said they updated the software on my service invoice but I found out later they didn’t. When I brought it to a different dealership who did upgrade the software correctly, all of the dead spot went away.

For those who got the new steering box and it’s improved but not fixed I highly recommend you go to a dealership who is competent and have them verify that the steering software was actually upgraded to 70f.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It means that the steering pump software was updated. I believe the new software increases the voltage to the steering pump which reduces the dead spot while driving, depending on the speed of the vehicle.

When I had my steering box upgraded to the new version it reduced the dead spot some but not all the way. They said they updated the software on my service invoice but I found out later they didn’t. When I brought it to a different dealership who did upgrade the software correctly, all of the dead spot went away.

For those who got the new steering box and it’s improved but not fixed I highly recommend you go to a dealership who is competent and have them verify that the steering software was actually upgraded to 70f.
I want to say Thank You! for all your posts. You've helped me a lot!

This post describes my Jeep exactly. I still have some dead spot. They said that the software was updated. The dealer really helped me out.

However, I suspect that the software was not updated.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
After four months, finally got a call to make an appointment. Next Monday mine goes in. Still waiting for them to figure out when I get the bubbling paint repaired.

1Darkone

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Recon
Let us know how it goes, 1Darkone. If you need any additional assistance afterword, we are in PM.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I called Jeep wave since the dealer stated it may be months. They escalated the repair and allowed the dealer to receive another part. They stated sometimes the part gets restricted, only several per week, ETC. We will see once I get a call to bring Jeep back.

THEREED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

The only strange thing is my code is 70FA not just 70F. Not sure what if anything the different code means

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The only strange thing is my code is 70FA not just 70F. Not sure what if anything the different code means
What document states 70FA? The “Options Report “, the dealer service invoice or ? And how is the steering now? Do you still have a dead spot?

THEREED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
What document states 70FA? The “Options Report “, the dealer service invoice or ? And how is the steering now? Do you still have a dead spot?
Yes, options report. Had new box installed and then I checked and they used old bolts. Bad dead spot and I could not see that they flashed new EHPS software. I went back and they replaced bolts and I asked them to verify sales code. They showed me an options report with 70FA. Got home and still had dead spot. Went back and asked them to reflash software. They said they reflashed it and it seems better but still about 1” dead spot. Not sure if placebo of being better but still some dead spot.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes, options report. Had new box installed and then I checked and they used old bolts. Bad dead spot and I could not see that they flashed new EHPS software. I went back and they replaced bolts and I asked them to verify sales code. They showed me an options report with 70FA. Got home and still had dead spot. Went back and asked them to reflash software. They said they reflashed it and it seems better but still about 1” dead spot. Not sure if placebo of being better but still some dead spot.
Did they replace and check the torque on the bolt that connects the lower steering shaft to the steering box? It is a one time use bolt and they shouldn’t reuse the original bolt. And they should check torque on all steering related components, ball joint nuts, drag link, track bar, tie rod, etc.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Same thing on mine. I had it back in this week to diagnose further. They had a senior tech work on it and opened a Star case and worked with FCA. They even swapped wheels/tires with a stock rig to rule out my oversize tires (37") and the problem still existed. In the end FCA said it was within spec tolerance and nothing more they can do.

The dead spot isn't horrible but it's definitely there and unlike any normal vehicle. The dealer shop recognizes it as well. With the new box and track bar the wandering is gone. It tracks well and doesn't feel dangerous like it did before.

At this point the dealer isn't going to make it any better so I can either live with it or get rid of it.

I'm contemplating adjusting the lash myself but I'm not sure I want to mess with it.

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
Anyone have the most recent TSB for this? The one I have is from August. I had the box changed but wondering if they flashed the computer as there is still some dead spot. Its overall "better" but the "feel" is still not great.. Might just be the design.
Sponsored