limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get how FCA can issue a TSB but leave it up to the dealers to decide how much of the work they do. There should be some kind of accountability. When I asked my dealer to prove that the software was actually updated things got less than civil. Hell, even @JeepCares doesn't want to deal with me anymore.
Some things improved since I got my box replaced but overall I still have issues. I'm thinking it's time for us all to start hitting FCA up for a buy-back. Maybe that will get their attention.
From how my service advisor explained it to me, the complete TSB (steel box, bolts, software flash, etc.) has to be completed and documented on the invoice for that dealership to be reimbursed for the TSB. There's also a specific amount of time of reimbursable labor for the TSB to completed (I think it's 4 or 5 hours). This was explained to me since I have a Synergy track bar brace installed and I wasn't charged anything out of pocket since the labor didn't go over what the TSB stipulated.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had my TSB done back in Oct. had to re torque all the bolts. I did re install my Synergy sector shaft brace. I notice a difference in steering but still a small dead spot. Paperwork all shows TSB was completed to spec. I will deal with it.
Hey, zfike88. If you'd like to return to the dealer to have them take a look at this, let us know. Our team is happy to provide an additional layer of assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Well I was going to wait to get the steering box replaced and an alignment after my lift but now I may wait to hear about this new iron gearbox(?).
Based on my experience, I'd advise against getting the lift first. My former service dept. flat refused to perform the TSB when I initially brought it in, citing my "aftermarket lift" as the problem. It's the Mopar lift. When I told them that, they then wanted to see a receipt proving it was Mopar. With Jeep Cares involved, this was run way up the chain and after about two weeks, I was finally approved. I wouldnā€™t take the chance.

Last edited:

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Okay finally got the TSB completed and both my wife and I can feel a huge difference in the way the Jeep drives. Below is an updated "survey".

Dealer Name: Tri-City CDJR
City, State: Eden, NC
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10/23/20
Date Completed: TBD
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 9/10

Dropped my Jeep off the night before the appointment. Got a call the next afternoon explaining that all the parts had not come in and they were waiting on the track bar. They said it would be in the next business day. The track bar came in the next day but evidently it was late getting there, as they were not able to get an alignment done until the following day.

Due to work, I had to pick the Jeep up after hours, so I did a quick check to make sure the power steering fluid level was correct and that there were no obvious spills under the hood. Looking under the vehicle I did not see any leaks or drips either. On the drive home I could immediately tell a big difference in the way it drove. No more wandering or excessive play in the wheel. My wife said she could not believe the difference the repair made.

Looking under the hood and under the vehicle the next day during daylight, the tech did a great job of cleaning up after his work as there were not any drips on my concrete or under the vehicle. I was able to see the correct steering gear was installed and the bolts were replaced. I plan to check the torque on the bolts this weekend.
Did they flash your ecu....the Jeep dealership said I didnā€™t need it but installed my new gearing box

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
I'm also going on 3+ months.

I'm in the Seattle area and took my 2018 2 door in to Seattle CDJR on 10/30/20 and they confirmed the issue and said they were ordering parts (service print out shows parts for special order).

I then heard nothing back so I called on 12/30/20 and was told nothing has come in and that they were still waiting on parts for Wranglers that were ordered on 10/13/20. I was told "call back in 3 weeks or so and maybe we'll have an update"....okay, sure.

I then heard nothing again so I called on 1/30/20 and was told still no parts. My service advisor claimed he has 3 Wranglers waiting for parts and has no idea how many more the other advisors might have waiting. I asked specifically this time "have you, as a dealer, received ANY parts you've ordered yet" and was told "no".

At this point I have no idea what to think but I'm ready to get @JeepCares into the mix because this thing is seriously unsafe to drive in the PNW winter rainy season on narrow, windy roads and seeing others be able to walk out with a fixed vehicle in under a month is a bit frustrating.
Interestingly enough I received a call from CDJR Seattle today saying a steering gear for me has arrived. I have not actually spoken to JeepCares since my last post.

The service writer said I will be the first repair they do for this TSB. Luckily thereā€™s a lot of great info in this thread on how to make sure I only have to make one trip.

Appointment is set for Monday morning drop off. Will update after itā€™s done.

Sponsored

PNW_JL

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Interestingly enough I received a call from CDJR Seattle today saying a steering gear for me has arrived. I have not actually spoken to JeepCares since my last post.

The service writer said I will be the first repair they do for this TSB. Luckily thereā€™s a lot of great info in this thread on how to make sure I only have to make one trip.

If they have any questions, I have some POC's at other local dealerships who have had some success with the replacement yielding satisfied owners, including myself

Jwisdom

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Solar consultant
So finally got my Jeep back after the steering TSB and I must say it is night and day difference. Dealership had trouble with my draglink being stuck to the pitman arm and ripped the boot to the drag link...took 3 weeks to get that part, and still had to replace the pitman arm as well because they couldn't get them apart.
So far everything seems fine, except the power steering fluid is at the min level and it doesn't state anywhere that they did the software update for the TSB.

jcr97703

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR ( ordered 9/24/19), 2016 Porsche Cayenne, 2017 Audi e-tron

I also got a call yesterday from my dealer saying the part was in! I did not have any contact with Jeep Cares so interesting that we both heard on the same day right after posting on this forum. Iā€™m very doubtful thereā€™s any correlation there but kind of ironic. Mine is scheduled to be completed later this month.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @allhailpoptart & @jcr97703 -

Please feel free to keep us updated after your appointments and let us know via PMs if you need additional support.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm on day 124 "waiting for parts" aka they will just never call me back. Golden Jeep West does this where they say they are ordering your parts and never call you back.
They are terrible. Plus wont answer the phone or call back. Have to always walk in. Same story on parts. BS

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Today I brought my JLR 2 door into Fort Collins Jeep and told them my Jeep handled like my CJ5. The service writer said that was not a good thing and they were treating the TSB like a recall and off my Jeep went. Unfortunately there did not have all the parts needed as the stated the parts are vin range specific and that mine would need to be ordered. They also agreed with the steering wandering and said they parts were ordered and it should take 7-10 days to get them. They were very nice and up front. No questioning my opinion about how it handled and also stated once the parts were in they would have the Jeep back to me the same day. So far I am happy with the dealer response I will let you know once it is completed. Some of you mentioned alinement what about this repair would take the alinement out? Is that something I should have them check or is that part of the TSB?
On Monday I brought my JLR two door into Fort Collins Jeep they looked at it and said it would be a week to 10 days for the parts. On Wednesday they called and said the parts came in and bring it on over. I picked it up completed on Thursday and today was the first time I had a chance to drive it enough to get an opinion. Well the wind in my area is about 40-50 MPH right now so this will be based on a high wind test drive. In the past high wind driving I thought I was going to die but I must say it was manageable today. I think it is a fix I can live with, it is not like my Raptor or my wife Subaru but is doesnā€™t feel like my CJ 5 anymore. I am sure the 4 doors will have better results and the 2 doors are still a bit twitchy. Thanks Fort Collins Jeep for making this painless as I have read some of the horror stories here.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
On Monday I brought my JLR two door into Fort Collins Jeep they looked at it and said it would be a week to 10 days for the parts. On Wednesday they called and said the parts came in and bring it on over. I picked it up completed on Thursday
Took my 2 door JLR in to Autonation Jeep Arapahoe and just now heard that they agree there is an issue, parts are ordered but they are not expecting them until June. My issue is that suddenly I have a variable pull to the right. For awhile I thought it was the crown in the road or the wind, maybe alignment but how it varies would be strange for alignment I believe. I first noticed it while driving across Wyoming, seemed like a strong variable wind from the driverside but I didn't get any additional windnoise. I do find this problem annoying but I don't feel in danger like others have, but I do wonder if it's just a matter of time until I get the steering locking up now. Again nothing I'm afraid of, but... June? Really?

Would you mind providing me with your service advisor's name and number? A drive up to Fort Collins to get this solved earlier than June might be a nice thing.

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Bryan or Devon they work together Fort Collins Jeep 970-632-9789

QUOTE="MrMischief, post: 1394536, member: 33793"]
Took my 2 door JLR in to Autonation Jeep Arapahoe and just now heard that they agree there is an issue, parts are ordered but they are not expecting them until June. My issue is that suddenly I have a variable pull to the right. For awhile I thought it was the crown in the road or the wind, maybe alignment but how it varies would be strange for alignment I believe. I first noticed it while driving across Wyoming, seemed like a strong variable wind from the driverside but I didn't get any additional windnoise. I do find this problem annoying but I don't feel in danger like others have, but I do wonder if it's just a matter of time until I get the steering locking up now. Again nothing I'm afraid of, but... June? Really?

Would you mind providing me with your service advisor's name and number? A drive up to Fort Collins to get this solved earlier than June might be a nice thing.
[/QUOTE]

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the updated TSB. I'm hoping to get mine done soon.
Sponsored

Attachments