Sponsored

DDM4V7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
First dealer I took mine to in October said there was noting wrong and refused to do the TSB. Opened up a case with Jeep Cares and they opened a case for me. Case manager called me a few days later and offered 2 options. First was to pay for repair at a dealer and FCA would reimburse me or I could go to another dealer.

Went to the next dealer and they agreed to do the TSB but I'd have to wait in line for parts. Said there were 3 or 4 in front of me and they could only order them every so many days or weeks or something. Dealer called me about 1 month later and said some of the parts were in but they were waiting on all the parts to come in but they would call as soon as they came in to schedule repair.

Here is the interesting part. I was in my work car driving on Monday when my phone rang. It was a number I did not recognize, so I almost did not answer but did so anyway. It was a person from Jeep Cares or Customer Service (don't remember which) asking if my TSB had been completed. I told them no, as the dealer said they were awaiting parts. The person on the phone said she was going to reopen my case as Jeep had changed or upgraded the TSB. Said they were contacting people who had opened a case to make sure the TSB had been done. She even admitted some dealers did not understand the TSB and were refusing to do it. I was in an area with poor cell reception and the call was a little hard to understand. The lady said they would work with the dealer to assist them in getting the required parts.

On Wednesday I received an email from a person at "Jeep Premium Care Case Management". he email stated they had reached out to the dealer and were awaiting a response from them. It will be interesting to see if things speed up a little now.
Sponsored

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
Hi, does anyone have the full TSB with the repair manual?
My steering box has been replaced and now the Jeep makes a weird scratchy noise when I drive over a bump or uneven surfaces. I would like to know what bolts and nuts did they touch so I could double check the tourques.

thanks!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I believe it is available on the 1st page, 1st post.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had the new steering gear installed on my JL. The JL was at the dealer for 6 weeks. The next day it was back at the dealer. Two weeks have gone by and nothing

I guess I am one of the unlucky ones with a bad Jeep.

Can anybody help with any contact information at Jeep?
Send a PM. @JeepCares
They helped me a lot; directed me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care and my steering issue was fixed.

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
The TSB was done on my JL this past Monday 12/28. The parts were ordered on 12/7 and arrived at the dealer on 12/21. It took about 3 hours and the difference in the steering is amazing. My original parts order was in early November but I was told that order was cancelled because the new parts had been revised and it would take about 3 weeks before the newer parts could be ordered again. It was worth the wait.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
My original parts order was in early November but I was told that order was cancelled because the new parts had been revised and it would take about 3 weeks before the newer parts could be ordered again. It was worth the wait.
Hi Dennis, glad to hear that you're happy with the new box. I'm pleased with mine also. I didn't think that my old one was very bad but the new one really tightened things up.

If you don't mind and get a chance please stick your phone up in there and take a picture of the label on your new box. It would be interesting to see the part number of this revised box that your dealer got for you.

Later,
Johnny

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
Hi Dennis, glad to hear that you're happy with the new box. I'm pleased with mine also. I didn't think that my old one was very bad but the new one really tightened things up.

If you don't mind and get a chance please stick your phone up in there and take a picture of the label on your new box. It would be interesting to see the part number of this revised box that your dealer got for you.

Later,
Johnny
Yes I will do that but it may take a few days, recovering from some surgery and not supposed to do much for a while more. Might have a little trouble getting up off the ground LOL. I would think there should be a difference even if it is only a suffix or prefix change. Here is the part number off the invoice.

68507571-AA gear Powe 19001010
6506950-AA Screw Hex 19014005 qty 4
6513396-AA Bolt None 17015003 qty 4
68088485-AB Fluid POW 01081032

Any difference from yours?

I just looked at the pdf in the first post of this thread and the numbers are the same as mine. Perhaps the part has a different number, will check when able.

Last edited:

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
68507571-AA gear Powe 19001010
6506950-AA Screw Hex 19014005 qty 4
6513396-AA Bolt None 17015003 qty 4
68088485-AB Fluid POW 01081032

Any difference from yours?

I just looked at the pdf in the first post of this thread and the numbers are the same as mine. Perhaps the part has a different number, will check when able.
Same as mine changed out in September. So far I haven't hear of anyone actually getting a steel box with a revised part number. It's my suspicion that some dealers were using the "revised gearbox" ploy as a reason for the delay because they didn't want to admit to a customer that Wrangler production was being giving the priority to available boxes.

Later,
Johnny

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
So I am a semi-unhappy person.....
Had the TSB done, and now the alignment is off, a lot.

Dealer says call FCA because they won't do it.
FCA now says the TSB doesn't affect the alignment....
FCA also said the dealer was willing to give me a $50 discount on an alignment.....which I never heard before.

So going to just suck it up and get an alignment. Anyone know if there's any benefit of going to jeep for the alignment vs my local tire/repair shop?

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)

FCA also said the dealer was willing to give me a $50 discount on an alignment.....which I never heard before.

So going to just suck it up and get an alignment. Anyone know if there's any benefit of going to jeep for the alignment vs my local tire/repair shop?
By alignment, do you mean that your steering wheel is off-center? My dealer didn’t center mine either, but it’s a 2 minute fix. The rest of your alignment shouldn’t have changed from before the TSB.

Sponsored

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
By alignment, do you mean that your steering wheel is off-center? My dealer didn’t center mine either, but it’s a 2 minute fix. The rest of your alignment shouldn’t have changed from before the TSB.

The jeep pulls to the right. Never did before, and I fully understand the TSB doesn't affect alignment.
SO it's a complete mystery that a new problem popped up.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Hi Darlene, I'm assuming you're just a bot....but just in case, I reached back out. FCA and my dealer are both completely useless..... I'm in a waiting pattern until someone gives in and pays for fixing the alignment, which didn't have a problem until I had work done.
Hi Darlene ,I tried contacting jeepcares twice last Tuesday and Wednesday still no reply from them can you help me ?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Hi, does anyone have the full TSB with the repair manual?
My steering box has been replaced and now the Jeep makes a weird scratchy noise when I drive over a bump or uneven surfaces. I would like to know what bolts and nuts did they touch so I could double check the tourques.

thanks!

Some guys will drop the draglink and then remove the pitman arm (I just dropped the draglink with the pitman arm attached and tied up out of the way) you also have to drop the trackbar frame side (I removed mine as I wanted to install a new flag nut at axle side and retorque) and then the washer fluid reservoir and bottom bracket are in the way...if left loose that could make a scratchy noise. Verify they used the new steering gearbox bolts and those are torqued to spec. I also removed the fender as I was installing an ARB Twin w/Grimm mount (plus additional heat shielding) and 4 fender clips broke when removed (I replaced all 10 clips with new) and IF they removed the fender and clips broke and were not replaced, that too could cause a scratchy type noise...Hope this is of some help!

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer

Might i ask what your issue was. have been arguing with FCA/Jeep Cars on closing my case as TSB was performed, and i told them, yes, it tightened up looseness, but now i have a right drift. they told me to contact dealer for an alignment. Why should I/we have to pay for an alignment? I was hoping it was just a minor adjustment to a setting or two. My drift is minor and happens 3-5 secs after straight and level. cant drive with right hand as that increases drift. Left hand driving.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
First dealer I took mine to in October said there was noting wrong and refused to do the TSB. Opened up a case with Jeep Cares and they opened a case for me. Case manager called me a few days later and offered 2 options. First was to pay for repair at a dealer and FCA would reimburse me or I could go to another dealer.

Went to the next dealer and they agreed to do the TSB but I'd have to wait in line for parts. Said there were 3 or 4 in front of me and they could only order them every so many days or weeks or something. Dealer called me about 1 month later and said some of the parts were in but they were waiting on all the parts to come in but they would call as soon as they came in to schedule repair.

Here is the interesting part. I was in my work car driving on Monday when my phone rang. It was a number I did not recognize, so I almost did not answer but did so anyway. It was a person from Jeep Cares or Customer Service (don't remember which) asking if my TSB had been completed. I told them no, as the dealer said they were awaiting parts. The person on the phone said she was going to reopen my case as Jeep had changed or upgraded the TSB. Said they were contacting people who had opened a case to make sure the TSB had been done. She even admitted some dealers did not understand the TSB and were refusing to do it. I was in an area with poor cell reception and the call was a little hard to understand. The lady said they would work with the dealer to assist them in getting the required parts.

On Wednesday I received an email from a person at "Jeep Premium Care Case Management". he email stated they had reached out to the dealer and were awaiting a response from them. It will be interesting to see if things speed up a little now.
they called me too, and Dealer called shorty after, and got me right in... Stiffer steering - good, but now i have a right hand drift.
Sponsored