Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Ok so You’re saying there’s no difference between any of the engine then correct?
That's not quite correct. 2dr, 4dr, 4dr diesel. And then there's the JT and RH drive versions. I believe that in your case the correct part number is: 68507569AA

Sponsored

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Woo Hoo! My local dealer called me today and told me the parts are in. I'm scheduled for installation on Wednesday. I had him verify that they got the 2 door version of the steering box as apparently there have been some wrong parts ordered by other dealers. He confirmed the part number so I'm good to go. They didn't bat an eye when I went in last month to report the steering issues. I showed him a printout (from page 1 here) of the TSB, they test drove it and said "Yup, you need the service done. We'll order the parts today."

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
Ok so You’re saying there’s no difference between any of the engine then correct?
Since you don’t have a diesel, and the part numbers are on the PDF for both the 2 and 4 door models, I’m saying you’re lazy.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I HAVE A QUESTION:

Somewhere in the last 135 pages I saw someone saying that becasue the TSB does not say they need to test drive the vehicle - that - they don't need to test drive it - and they should just do the work if a customer mentions issues that are listed on the TSB.

Are there TSB's that actually tell them to test drive the vehicle first?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I HAVE A QUESTION:

Somewhere in the last 135 pages I saw someone saying that because the TSB does not say they need to test drive the vehicle - that - they don't need to test drive it - and they should just do the work if a customer mentions issues that are listed on the TSB.

That's what I did. They initially gave me a hard time, but I had the tsb printed out and I pointed out on the bottom where it says "if customer states these issues etc etc, then perform the tsb"

Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I HAVE A QUESTION:

Somewhere in the last 135 pages I saw someone saying that becasue the TSB does not say they need to test drive the vehicle - that - they don't need to test drive it - and they should just do the work if a customer mentions issues that are listed on the TSB.

yes, there are TSBs for other issues that clearly state the dealer needs to replicate on a test drive. but not this TSB.

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I ask a simple question because I seen this part number. They do change part numbers smart ass.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") C201916F-68A9-468F-8CFA-71AADB1B970E
Let me repeat smart ass, the PDF shows 3 different part numbers. 2 door, 4 door, and JT. Did you even read the PDF?

To dumb it down for you that part number 68507571AA is for the 2 door.

Read. The. PDF.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Let me repeat smart ass, the PDF shows 3 different part numbers. 2 door, 4 door, and JT. Did you even read the PDF?

To dumb it down for you that part number 68507571AA is for the 2 door.

Read. The. PDF.
My apologies I not as observant as you HAPPY HOLIDAYS

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm not a bot. Do you have a case open with Jeep Customer Care? Please send us a PM with your case number or VIN.

Hi @McGilli,

Please feel free to reach out if you are in need of support!

Darlene
Jeep Cares
The work you all do is so important. Frankly I had given up hope after fighting with the dealer for a year. The new steering gear is wonderful; It could be a little tighter.
I'm Canadian so I know my contact is FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care.

Jcaan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Sahara
I had the new steering gear installed on my JL. The JL was at the dealer for 6 weeks. The next day it was back at the dealer. Two weeks have gone by and nothing

I guess I am one of the unlucky ones with a bad Jeep.

Can anybody help with any contact information at Jeep?
Sponsored