Sponsored

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Just picked my jeep up last night after having the TSB steering box installed and unfortunately it's just as bad as before. This did not fix my crazy dead spot in the steering. Super frustrated. Getting ready to call the dealer again.. any suggestions on what it could be??
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just got this done today. Steering is a little tighter but still have that dead spot... disappointing.
Second dealer is re-doing the TSB. Parts ordered, no ETA on when they will be in.
Same question. The steel one hardly made a difference on mine. it steers really good when first started and itā€™s in the lower 40ā€™s or colder. But once it heats up, it pulls to the right most of the time and to the left once in a while.
Yeah it felt tighter for sure but still pulls and wanders on the freeway. I thought I read something about a new revision of the black steel steering box but that may just have been a rumor so. This thread has been very informative so far, just long lol
Does anyone know what the actual procedure is for this fix? I had it done a couple weeks ago and there is something that sounds loose in the front left. I'm going to fix it myself because I don't want the dealer to blame it on my lift. The noise was not present post lift and pre TSB, so I know it had to be something the dealer did when performing the TSB
I donā€™t believe this.....

just called because after getting mine back yesterday, it pulling to the right. Never did that before.
Guy said they had that happen before, and has to check if it covered.

seriously???!!!??? Wtf.
Just picked my jeep up last night after having the TSB steering box installed and unfortunately it's just as bad as before. This did not fix my crazy dead spot in the steering. Super frustrated. Getting ready to call the dealer again.. any suggestions on what it could be??
Thank you, everyone, for providing this feedback. If you are experiencing the same or new issues after having the TSB completed, please reach out to our team through private messages. We would like to ensure this is properly documented and remedied.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
I called my dealership a few weeks ago. they told me I was put on the waiting list and it will be some time in the summer before they get parts. how long is everyone else waiting?

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
I would start by making sure they installed the new box (black) instead of an older one (grey). If you can spot the part number, you can match it to the TSB (first page of this thread) to make sure it's the right one.

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
I would start by making sure they installed the new box (black) instead of an older one (grey). If you can spot the part number, you can match it to the TSB (first page of this thread) to make sure it's the right one.
Appreciate that.. so I did check and it is the black steel steering box. Im wondering if they flashed the pcm along with it. Im hearing that's part of the install as well

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I called my dealership a few weeks ago. they told me I was put on the waiting list and it will be some time in the summer before they get parts. how long is everyone else waiting?
Which dealer? I've been on the "waiting list" since 9/30/20 at Autonation West.

I think parts are likely being allocated to those making the biggest stink as I've seen others already get their parts replaced. Squeaky wheel gets the grease they say. It's nearly impossible to get through to a service advisor when you call so who knows.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, everyone, for providing this feedback. If you are experiencing the same or new issues after having the TSB completed, please reach out to our team through private messages. We would like to ensure this is properly documented and remedied.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hi Darlene, I'm assuming you're just a bot....but just in case, I reached back out. FCA and my dealer are both completely useless..... I'm in a waiting pattern until someone gives in and pays for fixing the alignment, which didn't have a problem until I had work done.

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
Hi Darlene, I'm assuming you're just a bot....but just in case, I reached back out. FCA and my dealer are both completely useless..... I'm in a waiting pattern until someone gives in and pays for fixing the alignment, which didn't have a problem until I had work done.
Not a bot. JeepCares has really helped many folks on these forums. Myself included.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Not a bot. JeepCares has really helped many folks on these forums. Myself included.
To be honest, they are helping me argue with the dealer.
Regardless, I think I deserve the right to complain about the stupidity of wasting time trying to get something fixed that wasn't broken before the dealer fixed the jeep

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Just called the dealership where I bought my Jeep 3 months ago - saying there was a TSB and I'd like some info on it.

It was interesting - the first question wasn't about what was happening with the Jeep, or the TSB but:

Did you buy your Jeep from us?

Anyways - they have the bulletin - we confirmed the TSB number, and they have asked me to come in next Tuesday to talk about it.

They're literally less than 5 minutes down the road from me, and have always been good to me - so - I'll head in and see what happens. I'm in no rush to get this done as I've learned to compensate - but someone else mentioned driving between 18 wheelers and feeling like a pinball and I had that happen recently so figured I should get this done.

BTW I do have the 1" dead spot in the centre of the steering wheel.

Sponsored

ibmiked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
Well Iā€™m gonna sound like a prick ā€” but I called my local dealership (central TX) about the TSB. They had the part delivered 4 days later... Had it installed today and, damn, itā€™s worth the hype. Insulting or not, it steers like my wifeā€™s Mazda. To me thatā€™s a good thing. I have the Synergy 2ā€ lift kit with complete Synergy steering kit. This Jeep absolutely tracks like a champ and driving is effortless. Nā€™uff said!

Last edited:

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
Which dealer? I've been on the "waiting list" since 9/30/20 at Autonation West.

I think parts are likely being allocated to those making the biggest stink as I've seen others already get their parts replaced. Squeaky wheel gets the grease they say. It's nearly impossible to get through to a service advisor when you call so who knows.
autonation broadway. I tend to be pretty laid back, so Im debating on raising a stink or not.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@jabtyler - about 5 weeks for me at a North Houston dealer and this seems to be about the average wait (give or take) based upon what I've read here.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm not a bot. Do you have a case open with Jeep Customer Care? Please send us a PM with your case number or VIN.

Just called the dealership where I bought my Jeep 3 months ago - saying there was a TSB and I'd like some info on it.

It was interesting - the first question wasn't about what was happening with the Jeep, or the TSB but:

Did you buy your Jeep from us?

Anyways - they have the bulletin - we confirmed the TSB number, and they have asked me to come in next Tuesday to talk about it.

They're literally less than 5 minutes down the road from me, and have always been good to me - so - I'll head in and see what happens. I'm in no rush to get this done as I've learned to compensate - but someone else mentioned driving between 18 wheelers and feeling like a pinball and I had that happen recently so figured I should get this done.

BTW I do have the 1" dead spot in the centre of the steering wheel.
Hi @McGilli,

Please feel free to reach out if you are in need of support!

Darlene
Jeep Cares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@jabtyler - We're sorry to learn that your dealer gave you an estimate of summer 2021. Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can start a case for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored