Sponsored

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
So, I called the dealer back in September to inquire about getting the steering box TSB completed on my 2018 JLUR, and they ordered the parts at that time. The steering box finally just came in last week and they got me on the schedule for this morning.
I just received a phone call from the service manager telling me that they could not perform the TSB on my Jeep because of my aftermarket suspension and because of the Synergy Sector shaft nut on the pitman arm. He told me since my Jeep was built before 1/2019 that they have to replace my Trackbar and since I already have a Steersmarts trackbar on they could not perform my TSB. He said that the trackbar that FCA would want to put on would not be as beefy as what I have on there currently. He said they have tofollow the TSB step by step.
I told him to tack the synergy bracket off and the trackbar and give it back to me and do their thing and when I get the Jeep back, I will reinstall everything. He said they sent an email to the FCA engineer on what to do, but that they can not touch my Jeep at the current time. I explained to him that I installed all of the aftermarket suspension and tie rod and draglink and teackbar and synergy bracket to hopefully help with the wandering issue, and I did that begorw the TSB even came out.
I dont know what my next step should be, as this Jeep wanders all over the road. And no, this is not my first Jeep, this is my 5th Jeep. I dont know if Jeep Cares could help me out, or if I am just SOL?
contact @JeepCares they will make it right
Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
So, I called the dealer back in September to inquire about getting the steering box TSB completed on my 2018 JLUR, and they ordered the parts at that time. The steering box finally just came in last week and they got me on the schedule for this morning.
I just received a phone call from the service manager telling me that they could not perform the TSB on my Jeep because of my aftermarket suspension and because of the Synergy Sector shaft nut on the pitman arm. He told me since my Jeep was built before 1/2019 that they have to replace my Trackbar and since I already have a Steersmarts trackbar on they could not perform my TSB. He said that the trackbar that FCA would want to put on would not be as beefy as what I have on there currently. He said they have tofollow the TSB step by step.
I told him to tack the synergy bracket off and the trackbar and give it back to me and do their thing and when I get the Jeep back, I will reinstall everything. He said they sent an email to the FCA engineer on what to do, but that they can not touch my Jeep at the current time. I explained to him that I installed all of the aftermarket suspension and tie rod and draglink and teackbar and synergy bracket to hopefully help with the wandering issue, and I did that begorw the TSB even came out.
I dont know what my next step should be, as this Jeep wanders all over the road. And no, this is not my first Jeep, this is my 5th Jeep. I dont know if Jeep Cares could help me out, or if I am just SOL?
PM @JeepCares. They've been taking care of those being denied due to modifications.

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
PM @JeepCares. They've been taking care of those being denied due to modifications.
I wish we had that in Canada. I had to fully return to stock, tires and suspension. FCA customer care basically told me it is what it is. Good thing I haven't sold my winter tires yet and nobody ever wants a stock sport suspension, might hang on to everything for a while

JLSahara22

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Just got this done today. Steering is a little tighter but still have that dead spot... disappointing.

Sponsored

JLSahara22

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Just to be safe: make sure they installed the proper box.
I got under it last night and looked. Pretty sure I saw a black part where the steering gear should be but it was hard to tell. Any insight on where exactly to look for it?

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I got under it last night and looked. Pretty sure I saw a black part where the steering gear should be but it was hard to tell. Any insight on where exactly to look for it?
Geeze dude there are 131 pages of posts here, take a minute, scroll back and read............

Last edited:

Buckeyedave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So Jeep Cares didnt care and never messaged me back, so I decided to call them. They said the dealer opened up a case and started that my Jeep is “Extremly Modified” and that is why they will not cover the install of the steering box. They also stated that every dealer will have this information and that every dealer will deny my steering box under warranty. My only options are to deal with what I currently have, which is shit, pay for the repairs out of my pocket or to sell my Jeep. They said there is no way to get that restriction taken off once it is entered. FML

Sponsored

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
dropped mine off at the dealer tonight... hoping for the best!

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
My dealer called this afternoon and said the parts (which had no ETA when ordered last week) had come in...first available appointment to bring it back is Tuesday. Should be interesting!

Hardybreed

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer called this afternoon and said the parts (which had no ETA when ordered last week) had come in...first available appointment to bring it back is Tuesday. Should be interesting!
So I’ve been waiting 3 months and you get yours in a week? I don’t understand how the some dealers are getting these in and others cannot.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve been waiting 3 months and you get yours in a week? I don’t understand how the some dealers are getting these in and others cannot.
I waited about a month or so if it makes ya feel any better. Ended up being worth the wait for sure.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Make sure the part number is the right one (2 door vs 4 door) and that they used the right (short) bolts (but that shouldn't have a huge impact). Also check steering fluid level and if you are really up for it, check torque values for the 5 bolts.
Sponsored