Sponsored

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
If you have any wrenches straightened the steering wheel is real simple.

I had no idea it was that simple. I’m still gonna have them do it because they should of had it right the first time. That is great to know though. Thank you.
Sponsored

Bike_Voucher

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My parts are finally in after 2 month wait.
Take it Monday to have it done.
Picked up my 2020 today after the TSB. Driving on the freeway home on a windy day surrounded by 18 wheelers was night and day to what it previously was.

Steering is noticeably stiffer as soon as you start turning the wheel.

I’m going to start enjoying the damn thing now and have fun!

good luck to everyone still waiting. Worth it in the long run, fingers crossed it stays!

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I picked my Jeep up today after having the TSB done and it’s a nice improvement. The steering with my AE box was pretty good (a whoooooooole lot better than my ‘19!) with minimal to no dead spot. The new box similarly has no noticeable dead spot and feels firmer, which I like. My husband noticed the improvement and thinks is great.

Overall, I’m very happy with it.

P&PJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I picked my Jeep up yesterday after having the TSB done. While driving home I got the famous jeep wobble for the first time so bad I had to come to a complete stop for it to quit shaking. Turned around and went back to the dealer. They confirmed something was wrong and scheduled to look at it today. Today the checked it out, added power steering fluid and did an alignment. Mechanic said he contacted engineers and sent them a bunch of pictures and said they will be in touch. Four hours later the service manager called and told me to turn the steering wheel all the way to the left then all the way to the right ten times then see if the issue is solved. Well it isn't and I am scheduled to drop it off Thursday and wait on an engineer to come look at it. Unfortunately no time line for the engineer was given. Anyone else experienced this issue, how long did it take to get fixed and how did they fix it? Jeep has a dealer installed Mopar Lift, Fox steering stabilizer and 315 tires.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
While mine was not that bad to begin with, it was not right...I can say 100% that the new iron gearbox is a huge improvement! My Rubi 2-door handles and rides great and now tracks straight as an arrow down the interstate. The slight wandering & drifting to the right is gone and she now just 'feels right'...

This new gearbox was the final piece of the puzzle and I am now supper happy with the overall ride & handling (on and off road) of my JLR. Were I starting over on a new Rubi 2-door build, I would stick with this same basic combination:
Lift; Mopar with all 8 Teraflex IR arms plus Teraflex rear track bar bracket w/ Rancho rear trackbar. Steering; Steer Smarts Rubi-length tie rod, trackbar (black), drag link plus Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer and Rancho front trackbar brace.
Tires & wheels; 35" BFG KO2's (31PSI cold) on 17x8.5 wheels with 5" (+-) of backspacing.

My original goal was for a LCOG build that would improve on the Rubi's already impressive off road prowess without sacrificing on road manners or daily drivability...This combination hit the mark dead center!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blendo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JKUR
@JeepCares, Whats with the backlog of parts for this TSB? My dealer is saying they can only order one set every 30 days and I have already been waiting since the August bulletin came out...

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Took mine in the other day for a yearly inspection and emissions test and asked about getting it done and was told I need to schedule a day for them to drive it and duplicate the wander and excessive play in the wheel. Guess I'll do that next month :fingerscrossed:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Took mine in the other day for a yearly inspection and emissions test and asked about getting it done and was told I need to schedule a day for them to drive it and duplicate the wander and excessive play in the wheel. Guess I'll do that next month :fingerscrossed:

Tell them to read the damm TSB...or find another dealer. Unless the latest TSB revision has been updated to mandate a test drive by the dealer, the only requirement is the owner complain of wandering or pulling-especially when hot.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Tell them to read the damm TSB...or find another dealer. Unless the latest TSB revision has been updated to mandate a test drive by the dealer, the only requirement is the owner complain of wandering or pulling-especially when hot.
Yeah and seeing how it's winter in PA that when hot isn't happening for a while.

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
Finally got my jeep back and am happy to say the steering feels much better! But boy what a nightmare it was dealing with my local dealers.

Sponsored

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I really should take mine in...

I get so worried someone is going to think I'm impaired when I'm driving down the highway in wind and call t he police on me (I'm sober lol), hard to stay in the lane...

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

Scheduled my "2nd opinion" appointment for Dec. 15. First dealer had a tech ride with me while I drove, gave me the "it's a Wrangler" line, no TSB fix for you!
Thanks to JeepCares advice, I will see how this 2nd dealer handles my concern.

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Got my steering gearbox replaced today. Drives much better on the highway! No more wandering and so much more confident on the highway. Also, the dealer found my drag link boot has a tear so they're replacing it under warranty for me. Said that part will come in about a month.

Something I thought was weird is that they replaced my aftermarket adjustable track bar with the tsb trackbar. They never told me they were gonna do that. I only found out because I read the sheet after I got home. Looked under the Jeep and found a new track bar. Super weird they never told me anything about it. I wish they would've told me but it's fine, it was a rough country one with some rust on it.

I'm lifted 2.5 inches with teraflex control arms and teraflex steering stabilizer and they did the tsb no questions asked.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Got my steering gearbox replaced today. Drives much better on the highway! No more wandering and so much more confident on the highway. Also, the dealer found my drag link boot has a tear so they're replacing it under warranty for me. Said that part will come in about a month.

Something I thought was weird is that they replaced my aftermarket adjustable track bar with the tsb trackbar. They never told me they were gonna do that. I only found out because I read the sheet after I got home. Looked under the Jeep and found a new track bar. Super weird they never told me anything about it. I wish they would've told me but it's fine, it was a rough country one with some rust on it.

I'm lifted 2.5 inches with teraflex control arms and teraflex steering stabilizer and they did the tsb no questions asked.
However, now your front axle is not centered. They put stock Track Bar on which is not adjustable. That is crazy

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
However, now your front axle is not centered. They put stock Track Bar on which is not adjustable. That is crazy
For some reason I always thought 2.5 inches of lift was the max before you needed an adjustable track bar.
The Jeep drives so well now that I forgot about the track bar. I called my advisor and left a message this morning asking where my old one is, got no call back..

Anyone know the difference between the tsb trackbar and the original stock one?
Sponsored