First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler North Edition
Occupation
Eng.
Loosened the clamp near the pitman arm on the drag link and then turned the drag link until my steering wheel was centered. Best to do it with two people.
being steering wheel was not centered, did it affect the drive (did the jeep drive straight even with the steering wheel not centered)?
Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Iā€˜ve been waiting since August to have my local dealer perform this fix. JeepCares hasnā€™t been able to expedite anything for me and I asked them to step in on September 4th. No clue how people are getting this done next day...

I scheduled a service appointment to have this done just days after the TSB was published. The dealer keeps on saying that Iā€™m a couple down the list. I bet theyā€™re just letting people who bought their Jeep from them cut me in line. Itā€™s absolutely unacceptable to be waiting this long for a safety fix that will inevitably be a recall once the NHTSA gets involved.
Iā€™m in the same boat. @JeepCares cares about about some things, but certainly not our issues. Iā€™ve been thinking about contacting members of the media. Iā€™m sure someone would love to write an article about their piss poor supply chain management and lack of taking care of those that have already gave them their money. If youā€™d like me to pass the media your info, just PM me the details. This goes for anyone else thatā€™s experiencing this.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So after installing the new 4 door steering gear into my 2 door Jeep I finally picked it up from the dealer after almost 7 weeks. I checked and they installed the right one this time but my Jeep wanders more than ever now. I guess the steering is a bit stiffer like everyone is reporting but I canā€™t be sure since Iā€™ve been driving a Cherokee for the last two months. I forgot how my Jeep felt.

I started the drive home with about 2 inches of dead spot that grew to about 3 inches when i got closer to home, it was a 45 minute drive. I am making more corrections to keep it going straight which sucks. Iā€™m guessing at the very least they didnā€™t tighten the bolts to spec but there is no way I can do that myself so it will have to stay until I can get it in next month once they call me back for a part thatā€™s supposed to come in for my broken seat. Iā€™m just hoping they donā€™t brush it off as not a big deal and actually try to figure it out :(

Iā€™m pretty bummed and wanting to trade it in for a 2021 with the new steering gear already installed. On my way home I stopped off at an empty parking lot and did the thing where I drive slowly and turn the steering wheel all the way from side to side. I did that about 22 times, I donā€™t know if that helped. Tomorrow Iā€™ll check my engine oil level to make sure they put in 5 quarts and the steering oil level as well.
Good morning Jennalee,

Please feel free to keep us updated with the status of your vehicle and let us know if you need further assistance when revisiting your dealer in the next month. We'd be more than happy to make sure everything works out smoothly for you!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
I took my Jeep in for a rear locker issue (Locker light staying on all the time). I figured I'd mention the TSB to see if they would do anything with it while it was there. To my surprise, they jumped right on the TSB, but would do anything with the malfunctioning rear locker, due to my modifications.

The funny thing is, my JL is on 37s with coilovers and aftermarket everything as it relates to steering. Car dealers are strange. I order the Tazer wiring harness to bypass the locker issue and it's fixed.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Good morning Jennalee,

Please feel free to keep us updated with the status of your vehicle and let us know if you need further assistance when revisiting your dealer in the next month. We'd be more than happy to make sure everything works out smoothly for you!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Thank you :(:like:

Sponsored

FreddyS

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@JeepCares
My 2020 JLUR diesel is suffering from the same dead spot, especially when hot. It gets really bad with slop. I have no suspension mods. My dealer says the tsb does not apply to the diesel. I noticed the gear box is a different part number from previous post. When will the tsb apply to the diesel?

Last edited:

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
Canā€™t wait having Huntington Jeep in New York perform this tomorrow. Will be the first one they are performing .

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Canā€™t wait having Huntington Jeep in New York perform this tomorrow. Will be the first one they are performing .
Make sure you check to see if you got the right parts before you leave. And check fluid level.

I am having mine done Fri. I am going to mark all the bolts so I am sure I got new ones.

GOOD LUCK!! :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thank you :(:like:
Good luck (in a good way...)

When I had trouble I chose to contact @JeepCares (and then they referred me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care) FCAJCCC helped me by suggesting that I go to a different dealer...they never judged the dealer, but confirmed when I made a good choice. As soon as I had conversations with a real person, then things went well.

Good luck! It's worth it.

Last edited:

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Iā€™m in the same boat. @JeepCares cares about about some things, but certainly not our issues. Iā€™ve been thinking about contacting members of the media. Iā€™m sure someone would love to write an article about their piss poor supply chain management and lack of taking care of those that have already gave them their money. If youā€™d like me to pass the media your info, just PM me the details. This goes for anyone else thatā€™s experiencing this.
You might want to contact the same media outlet that caught Chrysler auto workers smoking weed and drinking at lunch, which would explain why the dealership found loose ball joints, track bar, drag link, etc. not even at 50% of the torque spec on my JL.

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@JeepCares
My 2020 JLUR diesel is suffering from the same dead spot, especially when hot. It gets really bad with slop. I have no suspension mods. My dealer says the tsb does not apply to the diesel. I noticed the gear box is a different part number from previous post. When will the tsb apply to the diesel?
They updated the TSB weeks ago and it does apply to the diesel now.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck (in a good way...)

When I had trouble I chose to contact @JeepCares (and then they referred me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care) FCAJCCC helped me by suggesting that I go to a different dealer...they never judged the dealer, but confirmed when I made a good choice. As soon as I had conversations with a real person, then things went well.

Good luck! It's worth it.
hey, are you from Ontario by chance?

I just went to a dealer and they said based on my lift and tires my warranty was voided for the steering recall (laughable) anyways I need to find another dealer

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes. Toronto.

FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care is 1-800-465-2001

Jeep is stock; mine was dealer problems (selling dealer) They didn't do a proper test drive. Said it was fine.

huckleberryshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I got the TSB completed few weeks ago. Had to bring the Jeep in 3 times to have it done. First they didn't have the gear box in time, then wrong bolts were ordered, and so on... I also have the off center steering wheel issue. Brought it back again, but still off center. Honestly regret getting this done. Its actually worse than before. Should I bring the Jeep back to the dealer or get an alignment at another shop? Thanks!