James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is at 10 o clock and 4 o clock for sure. Gave my vin to Jeep cares on Wednesday. Haven’t heard back yet. I had a pro go through my suspension. Replaced tie rod drag link and track bar. It was t any of those in my case. He believes it’s the box pump or programming
I'm hoping I can call them up Monday and have them do the programming. I've heard they skipped this step for some people, and my radio wasn't reset. Sadly, thats about the only thing I could think would be a giveaway if they did the programming or not, but that's assuming a reset would be needed and/or evident.
Sponsored

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
@JeepCares please help us. There is something here. This is a reproduce able situation. Fwiw it’s not the tie rod, drag link, or track bar or alignment. I replaced those all with synergy after just to see. It was absolutely no change.

Last edited:

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Jeep cares please help us. There is something here. This is a reproduce able situation. Fwiw it’s not the tie rod, drag link, or track bar or alignment. I replaced those all with synergy after just to see. It was absolutely no change.
Have to tag them @JeepCares
Good luck with your situation(s)

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Hey guys please confirm that my work orders are correct. My concern is to make sure they did the correct PCM upgrade. Please keep in mind in this case it was on my gladiator.

Capture.JPG

tempsnip.png

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Edit: Bolt torque checked, fluid levels checked and correct part number has been installed. I'm just not sure how to check if the programming was updated or if the steering system was bled.

I posted this in one of the other threads, but this one seems to be the most active so here it goes...

Steering is tighter, but now when turning the steering wheel (especially when at rest) there are a bunch of small "jumps" in the wheel. Almost as if the power steering doesn't have the umph to turn the wheel... so it's "jumpy" feeling through the steering wheel while turning from side to side. It'll then (only sometimes) make a larger jump of about .5-1inches then tighten back up.

A better analogy might be it's like tightening a rounded bolt where it slips half the time. Feels like it's grabbing, slips a notch, grabbing, slips a notch, repeat.

No sound while this is happening.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm wondering if it's the computer refresh, or maybe a bit needs to be torqued, etc.?
Hello there, we are sorry to hear that you are facing this new concern with your steering. While you have this further inspected by your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional support. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and mileage.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I have it too...worse when turning the wheel to the right. Dealer is going to look at on Wednesday and I’ll report back. I told the Jeep drives straight now, no dead spot or pulling, but the steering pump is loud and there’s a slight notchiness/grabbing of the wheel when I turn it.

Said to bring it in. They’ll look at it as their replacing my rear diff for the service axle locker warning.
Hi there, we are happy to see that your dealer is working to resolve this for you. Please know that our team is also available as an additional layer of support during your dealer service. Don't hesitate to reach out to us privately if needed!

Kathryn
JeepCares

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
What if they didn’t replace the I-shaft bolt and re used the old one? What would be a side effect of this, if any?

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
@JeepCares i have been dealing with the same situation. Please see my PMs, I have literally done everything I can. Spent a lot of time and money trying to fix this. Please respond to my PM

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hello there, we are sorry to hear that you are facing this new concern with your steering. While you have this further inspected by your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional support. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and mileage.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Hi there, we are happy to see that your dealer is working to resolve this for you. Please know that our team is also available as an additional layer of support during your dealer service. Don't hesitate to reach out to us privately if needed!

Kathryn
JeepCares
@JeepCares Thank you for the heads up Kathryn.

I currently have a service scheduled with my local dealer for 11/04. If I encounter any issues with this effort, then I'll reach out with details. Thank you for the assistance.

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
After the work...should there be this much of the spline exposed?

20201022_165639.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
What if they didn’t replace the I-shaft bolt and re used the old one? What would be a side effect of this, if any?
You can check the torque initially and verify that it's still holding torque (40 ft lbs) a couple hundred miles later, there shouldn't be an issue, you could also add a dab of blue loctite and retorque to 40 just to play it safe.
I'm fairly certain mine was reused and confirmed it was only at 20 ft lbs, I torqued to 40 and will check it again soon, I may even just order a new bolt and install it in the near future.
Sponsored