Sponsored

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
So I had funny thing happen today. I took my 2019 JLU Sport S in 2 weeks ago for my final jeep wave oil change and mentioned about the dead spot in the steering and having to make constant adjustments while driving down a straight road. Upon picking the jeep up I was told that it drives just like every other 2018-2020 jeep out there and that there was no issues. I didn't push it even though I was aware of the TSB because my steering isn't as bad as some others. So today I get a phone call from my service advisor stating that he found a TSB on the steering issue that I had mentioned and the new gear box was in and ready for install. Seems kind of strange that it takes 2 weeks to get the new box from what I am hearing and it was 2 weeks ago that I had my jeep in for the oil change!! So it is getting installed on Monday. I will report back with findings.
Sponsored

FlashGordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR - Billet Silver, 2017 Grand Cherokee Altitude
Interesting all the different experiences people have at the dealerships. I went to my dealer this morning for service on my wife's Jeep. As the service advisor was finishing up he inquired if there was anything else....I had my TSB printout and was ready to battle regarding the TSB and ordering the parts, even though I didn't have my JLUR with me...I said yeah my Wrangler has some issues with the steering and before I could say anything else he threw out "yeah it's the steering damper"...at that point I thought it was going to be an uphill battle...I just started to correct him saying "no...it's not that"...then another service advisor chimed in saying "it's the gear box...I know it's the gear box...swing over and lets write this up"....so no hassle, no test drive to reproduce the issue...parts ordered and he said it would be 5 days. He followed on saying he has written up about 5 of these and they all claimed night/day difference and resolved the steering issues the customers had prior to the new box.

Update...30 minutes after getting home the service adviser called and said as he was completing the write up to order the parts they have all the TSB parts on hand (made him verify it was the AA box) and scheduled appt next Wed.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Interesting all the different experiences people have at the dealerships. I went to my dealer this morning for service on my wife's Jeep. As the service advisor was finishing up he inquired if there was anything else....I had my TSB printout and was ready to battle regarding the TSB and ordering the parts, even though I didn't have my JLUR with me...I said yeah my Wrangler has some issues with the steering and before I could say anything else he threw out "yeah it's the steering damper"...at that point I thought it was going to be an uphill battle...I just started to correct him saying "no...it's not that"...then another service advisor chimed in saying "it's the gear box...I know it's the gear box...swing over and lets write this up"....so no hassle, no test drive to reproduce the issue...parts ordered and he said it would be 5 days. He followed on saying he has written up about 5 of these and they all claimed night/day difference and resolved the steering issues the customers had prior to the new box.
Shortly thereafter the "Battle of the Service Advisors" began in the mud pit behind the shop :)

Bike_Voucher

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Update...30 minutes after getting home the service adviser called and said as he was completing the write up to order the parts they have all the TSB parts on hand (made him verify it was the AA box) and scheduled appt next Wed.
Jealous they ordered yours without the Wrangler being there.

I’ve got the diagnostic set for October 6th, my service advisor said he couldn’t order the new box without having the Jeep in real quick.

He did say they had done one other and the lady was really impressed with the results, so hoping that’s a good sign.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I truly believe they would have but didn’t play that game. I have a GC 2.5 lift, 35s, and full Steer Smart front end.

I was out of warranty miles wise and when I set my appt the service advisor said they didn’t just apply tsb’s blah blah. JeepCares hooked me up with an escalation and shipped the parts to the dealer In advance and told them to do it.

One I arrived they said Chrysler contacted them and They would take it from there. It helped I was on record with 2 service appt complaints and JeepCares also recorded my concerns in 2018.
I am this very same boat. I had multiple appts to get it corrected and it never was. I am now out of warranty by 6k miles. I just reached out to jeepcares to see if they'll help.

Sponsored

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
So, after 4 visits, being told no 4X, @JeepCares has came through for me. Dealer called me and stated they were directed to fix my Jeep even though they disagreed. Being an adult I'll not throw the dealership under the bus on this forum. But, needless to say I'll be going elsewhere for all my future needs both for service and new vehicle purchases. I do greatly appreciate @JeepCares efforts, but still frustrated that they had to work so hard to just get a dealership to actually listen to their customer and give the cutesy of even READING THE DAMN TSB!

Rant over, will update when part is actually installed, apparently "On Order"

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
I read the last few (10 pages) of posts and I'm horrified to hear these nightmares. First off leaving it for 2-3 days ? its only a 2.5 hr. repair at the most. My dealer ordered the part, had it in 4 days later and did it happily in 1 day.
No, they dont like doing it since they get a lower pay rate and it supposedly takes more time to do than FCA reimburses them for.
Thats an easy fix, offer to pick up the difference in cost and that eliminates that issue. So big deal you pay $ 100.00 and get it done and create some good will by understanding their issue. I offered to pay it and they were did not charge me anything but were thrilled I was willing to meet them 1/2 way.
The TSB is not subjective to their diagnosis of how it drives, they are required to do a diagnostic test only to determine if something other than the steering box is defective. If they are not willing to do the work, go right to the General Manager or owner. The service writer is not the ultimate authority at a dealership......move up the chain of command.

I am glad mine was done and yes, its a real improvement. Fortunately my dealer knew my past history of issues and called me as soon as the TSB came out. He had already ordered the parts for me without even being asked to. Its a shame they cant deliver these fast enough to meet the consumers needs.
hope it gets better.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I have my appointment for the TSB to be installed on Monday. I have installed Evo Protek Armor - Trans, Engine, FAD. Does any of this need to be removed in order to do this service? My thoughts are that I would prefer to be the one to remove this if it does have to come off. I am really not sure where the parts reside that are being replaced.

Ddiaz88

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
TEST DROVE A 2020 JEEP SAHARA ON 8/6/2020 AND DROVE GOOD. BOUGHT A WHITE ONE BUT WAS NOT READY SO IT WAS GOING TO GET DELIVERED THE NEXT DAY AT MY HOUSE. WHITE 2020 JEEP SAHARA WAS DELIVERED ON 8/7/2020 AT AROUND 12:00 PM. SALESMAN SHOWED ALL FEATURES AND LEFT. I DID A TEST DRIVE AROUND 5:00PM, WEN ON THE HIGHWAY AND STEERING WAS REALLY OFF, DID A TURN AROUND TO COME BACK HOME. AT 55 PMH I TRIED TO CHANGE LANES AND I I LOST CONTROL AND ENDED UP IN A DITCH. STEETING WAS VERY LOOSE GOING LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT. FELT I WAS SWERVING SO MUCH AND DID NOT FEEL THE SAME AS THE ONE WE TEST DROVE AT THE DEALERSHIP. CALLED DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THAT SINCE THE VEHICLE IS STILL BRAND NEW THAT THE ROADSIDE ASSITANCE WAS NOT AVAIBLE, LEFT ME THERE IN THE DITCH AND I HAD TO CALL MY INSURANCE. THIS HAPPENED IN SAN ANTONIO, TX. The JEEP IS STILL IN THE SHOP GETTING THE BODY DAMAGES FIXED AND FCA JUST SAID TO TAKE THE JEEP BACK TO THE DEALERHIP TO GET IT CHECKED. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO START THE BUY BACK PROGRAM

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
TEST DROVE A 2020 JEEP SAHARA ON 8/6/2020 AND DROVE GOOD. BOUGHT A WHITE ONE BUT WAS NOT READY SO IT WAS GOING TO GET DELIVERED THE NEXT DAY AT MY HOUSE. WHITE 2020 JEEP SAHARA WAS DELIVERED ON 8/7/2020 AT AROUND 12:00 PM. SALESMAN SHOWED ALL FEATURES AND LEFT. I DID A TEST DRIVE AROUND 5:00PM, WEN ON THE HIGHWAY AND STEERING WAS REALLY OFF, DID A TURN AROUND TO COME BACK HOME. AT 55 PMH I TRIED TO CHANGE LANES AND I I LOST CONTROL AND ENDED UP IN A DITCH. STEETING WAS VERY LOOSE GOING LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT. FELT I WAS SWERVING SO MUCH AND DID NOT FEEL THE SAME AS THE ONE WE TEST DROVE AT THE DEALERSHIP. CALLED DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THAT SINCE THE VEHICLE IS STILL BRAND NEW THAT THE ROADSIDE ASSITANCE WAS NOT AVAIBLE, LEFT ME THERE IN THE DITCH AND I HAD TO CALL MY INSURANCE. THIS HAPPENED IN SAN ANTONIO, TX. The JEEP IS STILL IN THE SHOP GETTING THE BODY DAMAGES FIXED AND FCA JUST SAID TO TAKE THE JEEP BACK TO THE DEALERHIP TO GET IT CHECKED. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO START THE BUY BACK PROGRAM
Demand FCA return your money and count there Blessings your not going to sue them...Place deposit on a new BRONCO...GittyUp!

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Shortly thereafter the "Battle of the Service Advisors" began in the mud pit behind the shop :)
Advisor 1 "You violated an unspoken rule here"
Advisor 2 "so what I don't care, you want go?"
Advisor 1 "I will go right here"

...moments later...
Advisor 1 & 2 had to be separated by manager in the mud pit, and both were fired on spot

...months later...
and OP still wondering why nobody calling him regarding the parts...

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
geez buddy, before you fix your jeep, fix your capslock first

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I read the last few (10 pages) of posts and I'm horrified to hear these nightmares. First off leaving it for 2-3 days ? its only a 2.5 hr. repair at the most. My dealer ordered the part, had it in 4 days later and did it happily in 1 day.
No, they dont like doing it since they get a lower pay rate and it supposedly takes more time to do than FCA reimburses them for.
Thats an easy fix, offer to pick up the difference in cost and that eliminates that issue. So big deal you pay $ 100.00 and get it done and create some good will by understanding their issue. I offered to pay it and they were did not charge me anything but were thrilled I was willing to meet them 1/2 way.
The TSB is not subjective to their diagnosis of how it drives, they are required to do a diagnostic test only to determine if something other than the steering box is defective. If they are not willing to do the work, go right to the General Manager or owner. The service writer is not the ultimate authority at a dealership......move up the chain of command.

I am glad mine was done and yes, its a real improvement. Fortunately my dealer knew my past history of issues and called me as soon as the TSB came out. He had already ordered the parts for me without even being asked to. Its a shame they cant deliver these fast enough to meet the consumers needs.
hope it gets better.
Nope, sorry...if they are not ok with their reimbursement rates with FCA then they should not be an FCA dealer. Clearly they make plenty of money elsewhere or they would not be a dealer. Taking care of the techs and advisors with coffee and doughnuts is one thing but giving the wealthy dealership owner MORE money is entirely different. I paid enough for this and they WILL honor the warranty. It is not about the money but the principle.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Nope, sorry...if they are not ok with their reimbursement rates with FCA then they should not be an FCA dealer. Clearly they make plenty of money elsewhere or they would not be a dealer. Taking care of the techs and advisors with coffee and doughnuts is one thing but giving the wealthy dealership owner MORE money is entirely different. I paid enough for this and they WILL honor the warranty. It is not about the money but the principle.
all depends on the approach, while others fought and are fighting with dealers, my approach cost me nothing and it was done in one day, no arguments. even had they elected to charge me a difference it would have been the best $100 i ever spent.
Sometimes being their ally works better than walking in and being their enemy.

AdamB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sahara 4Xe (2024)
Started off easy enough. The gear box showed up the day after ordering but the bolts... 2 weeks of should be in... might be in.. no ETA... looks like tomorrow and so on...

Anyhow ... 2.5 weeks later and work complete... sorta drives like a totally different Jeep, and how it’s supposed to feel.

the process was a mess but definitely happy to put this issue to rest.

... for now...
Sponsored