Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I picked mine up from the TSB repair, diagnosed, parts ordered, and repaired in less than 36 hours...
Wow that's amazing, mine still hasn't been diagnosed and it's been there since Tuesday. I'm going to pick it up today regardless, because I can't afford to let it sit there for another week for nothing!
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I just picked it up. Mine wasn’t as bad as some. I have two words for the results. In my opinion, F’ing Outstanding!

I am flabbergasted I had such a great dealership experience and feel I need to be careful about looking overhead or my shoulder because something bad is about to happen to me. lol The Shelbyville, KY Jeep dealership (a small dealership) was courteous and prompt. They had no problem showing me the parts to make sure the correct gearbox was ordered. No repeat back and forth trying to get them to take care of a problem, no foul language needed!:LOL:

If you make out the light pole in the video as a reference point and use the steering wheel stitching as a mark to measure the slack, it’s about 1/4”. At worst I had 1”+. If you have more than I did, you need this fix. I’m a happy camper. Enough so, I may just cancel that Bronco reservation (Wasn’t trading) because road trip driving and nighttime curvy back road driving will be easier now.

Oh and in all, it took 2.5 weeks from appointment to diagnose to a finished repair. 2 additional days waiting for a pitman arm nut prolonged it.

Last edited:

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
My jeep was dropped off on Monday Morning for this TSB as per the appointment made 2 weeks ago.. Parts were ordered three weeks before and everything was ready for installation. They said it might be a couple of days before they could do the work. Well, five days later no word on the Jeep and calling the service department I get no answer with a recording the mail box is full. Service is very subpar here at my local dealer in Bakersfield, the same dealer I used to purchase the Wrangler.

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Check the steering box and make sure it’s not an aluminum one again. Don’t make my mistake. From what I hear it’s happened to a few people.
First thing I checked, both on the paperwork and physically in the lot. It still seems too good to be true, but on the drive home it was noticeably improved.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
My jeep was dropped off on Monday Morning for this TSB as per the appointment made 2 weeks ago.. Parts were ordered three weeks before and everything was ready for installation. They said it might be a couple of days before they could do the work. Well, five days later no word on the Jeep and calling the service department I get no answer with a recording the mail box is full. Service is very subpar here at my local dealer in Bakersfield, the same dealer I used to purchase the Wrangler.
Them ordering the parts for you in advance was actually pretty nice of them. My dealer is making me wait the 3 weeks to get in to diagnose before ordering the parts and at that point the LONG wait begins.

Sponsored

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Them ordering the parts for you in advance was actually pretty nice of them. My dealer is making me wait the 3 weeks to get in to diagnose before ordering the parts and at that point the LONG wait begins.
I agree they were doing fine when they ordered the parts. My issue is no communication with the service department after 5 days wait to complete a 2-3 hour job. No telling how long my jeep will be tied up. I made it clear when turning it in I needed the work done before my surgery scheduled next Tuesday. No one can be reached by phone at the service department after two days of calling.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
This was a big deal for FCA.. many people were looking at the ford bronco and selling their jeeps..

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I'm at 35,600 miles so I dropped my 18 JLUR at the dealer Tuesday and complained of the wandering and also mentioned TSB 08-074-20. They called me today and said the steering damper was leaking and they were replacing it and the drag link. Looks like no new steering box for me unless I complain some more. I'll see how it drives when I get it back. My suspension is 100% stock.
I would complain some more. A LOT more. There's no excuse for them to not replace the steering box.

Have you contacted @JeepCares to get help? Others have had success. Good luck.

Kolkebeck

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I dropped mine off on Monday night. Parts ordered Tuesday. Arrived late on Wednesday due an issue a the parts center, but arrived missing the bolts so the dealer picked them up at another dealer. The work was completed Thursday, but I could not pick up until this morning. Steering is tighter. True test will be a long highway drive.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
That’s the correct TSB but the wrong gearbox for the correct TSB. Wow, Smh
Maybe the parts/service depts get incentives for moving that pile of AE boxes they ordered last Christmas :)
You should have told him you're a moderator on this forum and you can make their life much more pleasant (or worse) depending how the cards fall :)

Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2020 JLUW
I agree they were doing fine when they ordered the parts. My issue is no communication with the service department after 5 days wait to complete a 2-3 hour job. No telling how long my jeep will be tied up. I made it clear when turning it in I needed the work done before my surgery scheduled next Tuesday. No one can be reached by phone at the service department after two days of calling.
I’d stop by. However, it is possible that someone in service had Coronavirus and now they’re all under quarantine.

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
I was given the "operates as designed" bit in my paperwork when describing the lose steering. Then was told they can't order parts anyways, no reason to even start the process. I finally was told "a notice" will be coming in the mail for the steering boxes once they have manufacturing scaled up?

Has anyone else heard about a notice similar to the steering dampener being mentioned regarding the revised steering box?
Thats a lazy crap dealer. Just like the dealer I bought my Jeep from. Find a bigger dealer. maybe check with others in your area to see if there are any "good" dealers around you. I had to drive 2 hours to find a dealer that would break from the "Drives as intended" line. Even if you have to wait for parts they can still get you in line for ordering. It's worth the wait. I'd bet that Jeep is pretty far from sending out any kind of "notice"

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 1967 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Silverado, 2014 Ram 2500