hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I will need to take it back however because the steering wheel is not completely straight.
Save yourself the time. It takes 10mins to straighten steering wheel
Sponsored

Vondy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Did you verify they put in the new cast iron steering box? What are your exact symptoms, is there a lift on it, is it stock, what was done so far to fix it?
Yes I verified as soon as I got it home. Play is similar to the AE box they had previously put on it after the second software update. Completely stock except for metal cloak lower control arms set at 8degrees caster.

Vondy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Was yours bad to begin with? I have a 2020 Rubicon 4 Door... It wasn't horrible... just wasn't great..no "feel" for the road... also wheel didn't return properly from right hand turns...

TSB is happening as we speak.. dealership didn't put up a fight..but VERY slow.. day 2 still not back.. tomorrow morning we shall see..
Terrible at new, minor improvement with lower control arms and caster set to 8 degrees, more improvement with AE box, significant improvement when AE got another software update, same or maybe slightly worse with the newest cast box and software update.

Jeep actually called me outof nowhere a few weeks ago for me to do update. I hadn’t had any contact with them for 6 months or so. They lined up parts and appointment at my preferred dealer.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
@JeepCares Any update on what can be done? Also can I pay to get the TSB done, beacuse at this point I'll take the loss. Even though my JL is 2020 i find it ridiculous that all is to blame on my lift.
A lift with adjustable LCAs helps...not deteriorates the condition. Jeep needs to get their crap together on this. I too have a 2020...it’s not bad but could be better. I’m hoping it gets easier because a fight with inept dealers is exhausting. I hope the Bronco gives Jeep some much needed competition.

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Does anyone know if an AEV Procal Snap has to be unmarried before the software update like the Tazer?

Update: Nevermind I found this in the Procal manual:
“The ProCal SNAP does not record the changes into your vehicle’s history with FCA/Jeep. Any Warranty or Recall that requires a re-programming of the modules may erase the ProCal SNAP settings and require you to use the ProCal SNAP to adjust your settings again.”

So the settings need to be redone after the software update.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes I verified as soon as I got it home. Play is similar to the AE box they had previously put on it after the second software update. Completely stock except for metal cloak lower control arms set at 8degrees caster.
Did they use the new bolts are did they reuse the original bolts? Have you checked torque on all steering related components?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
lower control arms set at 8degrees caster.
May be the highest setting I’ve heard anyone doing for castor

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Got the new steering box installed today. Like most say, It does seem to help some of the wander and dead spot for sure. Overall the dealer was good about lining up the parts and appointments, however when I got it back home to do my inspection I it looks like a 3 year old was under the hood spreading the power steering fluid all over, not even an attempt to wipe any of it up.

878525E3-D97A-435E-897B-23399B518CAF.jpeg

125864FE-3A50-4EAF-BB5B-B05D0B2F8C0B.jpeg

C270B347-D9CE-4231-9467-FA3C1D51C823.jpeg

Sponsored

HBJeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' JLUR
WTF!!!

Got the new steering box installed today. Like most say, It does seem to help some of the wander and dead spot for sure. Overall the dealer was good about lining up the parts and appointments, however when I got it back home to do my inspection I it looks like a 3 year old was under the hood spreading the power steering fluid all over, not even an attempt to wipe any of it up.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") C270B347-D9CE-4231-9467-FA3C1D51C823

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") C270B347-D9CE-4231-9467-FA3C1D51C823

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Just wanted to add a new data point.
I had an appointment and I left the car at the dealership so that they could inspect it. They called me saying that they would perform the TSB and that the parts would arrive the day after. I was skeptical, as I read that these parts sometimes take weeks to arrive; I was afraid they would install another aluminum box. Fortunately, they installed the correct box and bolts (I visually verified).
It drives much better: almost no dead spot and no pull (it would previously pull a lot to the right); also, I don't need to keep adjusting the steering wheel anymore and everything feels tighter. This is how the Jeep should have left the factory.
The problem is that they left the steering wheel tilted 30 degrees to one side. I was able to fix it easily by adjusting the drag link, but IMHO that's unacceptable, as the average driver should or would not know how to do that.
Is this operation supposed to affect the position of the steering wheel?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Just wanted to add a new data point.
I had an appointment and I left the car at the dealership so that they could inspect it. They called me saying that they would perform the TSB and that the parts would arrive the day after. I was skeptical, as I read that these parts sometimes take weeks to arrive; I was afraid they would install another aluminum box. Fortunately, they installed the correct box and bolts (I visually verified).
It drives much better: almost no dead spot and no pull (it would previously pull a lot to the right); also, I don't need to keep adjusting the steering wheel anymore and everything feels tighter. This is how the Jeep should have left the factory.
The problem is that they left the steering wheel tilted 30 degrees to one side. I was able to fix it easily by adjusting the drag link, but IMHO that's unacceptable, as the average driver should or would not know how to do that.
Is this operation supposed to affect the position of the steering wheel?
check your total turns to lock left and right from center, make sure they got the gearbox on there straight.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!