Sponsored

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just had my steering box replaced and its like I own a whole new vehicle. I always felt like the steering sucked since i picked it up in 2019....but chalked it up to being on 35’s.

All i can say is wow, what a difference.
Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Little update regarding my dealer in South Florida, Aventura Jeep; I emailed the service advisor inquiring about dates for my steering box. It'll be coming in tomorrow. I'm going to schedule for next week for install.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Has anyone gotten the TSB done, and has a aftermarket lift? I have tried everything and still nothing. I'm still working with @JeepCares to get this sorted out but as of right now (Nothing ). What if I pay for it? Yes I'm that annoyed that I'm willing to pay for this TSB to get done.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I just got home with my new steering box. I haven't had a chance to get on the highway with it yet but at 50 and below it's a night and day difference. I have a 3.5" MC GC, steer smart tie rod and drag link, falcon stabilizer and track bar brace. I'm on 37s and it drove great. Thumb and index finger in the wheel. It still rolled with the road crown but wasn't randomly wandering around. Steering is lighter than before and basically no dead play in the wheel. Going to try to get out on the highway tonight.

20200820_172129.jpg
I’m getting this done tomorrow. About where under the hood is it located so I can confirm that it’s done?

Sponsored

Doubleaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Anyone with the 2.0 turbo with e-torque got this done? Lots of tubing around the steering gearbox. Worried about my dealer screwing something up

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My dealer was having a hard time getting parts, at least that’s what they said. I got Jeep Cares involved. Oddly enough, the day after being assigned a case number by Jeep Cares, my dealer called to tell me the parts were in. Not sure if that was their doing or not, but it sure was awfully coincidental.
Another example of how FCA customer service is broken. The JeepCares folks work their tail off. That’s true. But, seriously, they are just great folks trying to put a finger in a dike of ill will. FCA needs a wholesale gutting along with much of its dealer network.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
I’m getting this done tomorrow. About where under the hood is it located so I can confirm that it’s done?
look at it from the underside of the Jeep,

A6B100E4-DFA6-4907-8F4E-C6B1AF57648A.png

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Had mine done. The wife said a big difference...I haven't driven yet.

Here is my paperwork. Looks like they did everything right?
Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") A6B100E4-DFA6-4907-8F4E-C6B1AF57648A
Was there an entry for the software update mentioned in the service bulletin?

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
That’s exactly what my dealer a few months ago. Ridiculous.
For the past 2 plus years hundreds of us were told we were just imagining the whole thing and that's how they are supposed to be. We argued, bitched and even filed lawsuits. Finally they realized we were correct. Yet some dealers are still sticking to the old story. Guess they are just slow to accept the truth that some just drove like crap. Good thing we were all persistent since it paid off in the end.

Hat's off to the JeepCares group that has been fighting the battle along with us for years. There probably glad there is an answer so they can once and for all resolve the problem and stop having to deal with this same issue over and over again.

Hope everyones problems finally get resolved and we can discuss other topics. And the dealers that fight the repair will suffer in loss of future sales and service from the cutomers they snub. My dealer fortunately was very cool about this and has earned my future business as well as my trust.

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Has anyone gotten the TSB done, and has a aftermarket lift? I have tried everything and still nothing. I'm still working with @JeepCares to get this sorted out but as of right now (Nothing ). What if I pay for it? Yes I'm that annoyed that I'm willing to pay for this TSB to get done.
yes I have a Clayton 3.5 lift. Dealer didn’t care

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Anyone with the 2.0 turbo with e-torque got this done? Lots of tubing around the steering gearbox. Worried about my dealer screwing something up
I have a 2020 Sahara with the 2.0 e-torque engine. I am scheduled for the service on 9/15. I will advise if there were issues with the work done. I plan to check the work afterward checking torque of the bolts related to the work and overall workmanship. I want to double check everything the technician touches. Steering is too important to assume work is done properly by an unknown person.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
why? The pitman arm is just a solid block of metal. As long as they’re not reinstalling it with a hammer it’s fine.
True, and it's not like that steering box is going back on your Jeep. Don't think I'd take it in for any service that requires removing the pitman arm and reinstalling it on the same box that's for sure!

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I got my Jeep back tonight. The new steering is tighter than the AE aluminum box that came with the Jeep. I am happy, I will need to take it back however because the steering wheel is not completely straight.

I will say however, if I thought the AE aluminum box that came with it would stay as tight as it was and be reliable down the road I would have kept it and not done the TSB. I only had 260 miles on the Jeep though when I dropped it off to have the TSB done.

FA2C1977-1A8B-4158-9AA9-0E36C359C3F0.jpeg
Sponsored