Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I just bought a 2019 with the steering wheel a few degrees to the right along with the vehicle pulling to the right. There is a few degrees of play in the wheel, but I thought that’s how trucks were. Will definitely push for this TSB
Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Called and made an appointment for the steering TSB repair, service said they will need to run diagnostics.
Yeah the TSB requires diagnostics be run.

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Who was the guy that owns a JL and is a tech who posted the video in regards to this?
Would like to ask a few questions.

But on a side note, i was able to locate a dealer and the parts.
But they are telling me they dont have the ball joint remover tool 9360 to perform the repair.
I was told it is needed to remove the pitman arm.
Which raises concern, shouldnt this be a fairly common task for a Jeep dealership to have such special tool in hand? Or are they not experience enough to tackle this job?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I dropped mine off this morning at 9:15am to be repaired today after a few calls last week to make sure they would have the parts available. The service manager was a little confused since he said they don’t do long repair jobs like this on Saturdays and wasn’t sure why it was scheduled for today. They only have 2 techs on Saturday, but he was going to make it happen anyway.

I get a call after 2pm stating they can’t perform the job because they are missing 1 bolt. He said they come in a pack of 4 and they used one but don’t know what happened to the other 3. I showed him the TSB and asked him what bolt it was and he said the one for the intermediate shaft.

Do all the parts for this TSB come as one shipment or do they get packages of multiple bolts even if they only need one? Like does the 4 pack of bolts for the gear come in packs of 16?

The dealer for service has always been great to me. I’m just confused as to how parts come and in what quantities. Maybe they didn’t have time to do it today and made up an excuse. Losing 3 bolts seems like a huge waste.

They did give me a loaner that they needed back today for another customer tomorrow, but now that they are keeping the Jeep I can keep this til Wednesday when they get the bolt. The other customer “rescheduled for Thursday”.

Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I dropped mine off this morning at 9:15am to be repaired today after a few calls last week to make sure they would have the parts available. The service manager was a little confused since he said they don’t do long repair jobs like this on Saturdays and wasn’t sure why it was scheduled for today. They only have 2 techs on Saturday, but he was going to make it happen anyway.

I get a call after 2pm stating they can’t perform the job because they are missing 1 bolt. He said they come in a pack of 4 and they used one but don’t know what happened to the other 3. I showed him the TSB and asked him what bolt it was and he said the one for the intermediate shaft.

Do all the parts for this TSB come as one shipment or do they get packages of multiple bolts even if they only need one? Like does the 4 pack of bolts for the gear come in packs of 16?

The dealer for service has always been great to me. I’m just confused as to how parts come and in what quantities. Maybe they didn’t have time to do it today and made up an excuse. Losing 3 bolts seems like a huge waste.

They did give me a loaner that they needed back today for another customer tomorrow, but now that they are keeping the Jeep I can keep this til Wednesday when they get the bolt. The other customer “rescheduled for Thursday”.
Also curious...my dealer claims he ordered the steering box and claims it all comes in a packge.

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Who was the guy that owns a JL and is a tech who posted the video in regards to this?
Would like to ask a few questions.

But on a side note, i was able to locate a dealer and the parts.
But they are telling me they dont have the ball joint remover tool 9360 to perform the repair.
I was told it is needed to remove the pitman arm.
Which raises concern, shouldnt this be a fairly common task for a Jeep dealership to have such special tool in hand? Or are they not experience enough to tackle this job?
Thats kinda scary.

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
my New box haas a notch feel. Anyone else feeling this. Fluid level is normal and I cycled steering side to side to get air out of it. Need some help

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I made an appointment for mine to be looked at on Monday. I will post my experience here on this thread and will be watching the results of others.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Also curious...my dealer claims he ordered the steering box and claims it all comes in a packge.

The parts for the TSB don't come in an inclusive "kit". They have to be ordered seperately, here's the list~
Qty.Part No.Description
1 (AR) 68507569AAGear, Steering - Four Door, Left Hand Drive (JL)
1 (AR) 68507571AAGear, Steering - Two Door, Left Hand Drive (JL)
1 (AR) 68507576AAGear, Steering - Left Hand Drive (JT)
106506950AABolt, I-Shaft
106513396AABolts, Frame - Steering Gear (4 Bolts Per Package)(AR)
68088485ABFluid, Electric Steering Pump

The I-Shaft bolt is a separate part# from the 4 steering box bolts, even have to order the Power Steering fluid separately (even though they should have gallons of the stuff on hand :( )

Doubleaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
The parts for the TSB don't come in an inclusive "kit". They have to be ordered seperately, here's the list~
Qty.Part No.Description
1 (AR) 68507569AAGear, Steering - Four Door, Left Hand Drive (JL)
1 (AR) 68507571AAGear, Steering - Two Door, Left Hand Drive (JL)
1 (AR) 68507576AAGear, Steering - Left Hand Drive (JT)
106506950AABolt, I-Shaft
106513396AABolts, Frame - Steering Gear (4 Bolts Per Package)(AR)
68088485ABFluid, Electric Steering Pump

The I-Shaft bolt is a separate part# from the 4 steering box bolts, even have to order the Power Steering fluid separately (even though they should have gallons of the stuff on hand :( )
Been waiting over a week for the fluid. All my other parts in site

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So after dealing with the dealership, Jeep Cares, and Jeep Wave back and forth. I feel like the dealership and Jeep wave really don't care about "US" the customers. This is very upsetting. I have a non mopar lift, and because of that they are giving me a hard time. After Jeep wave got involved in all this, things just got even worst. Now the dealership wants to put a restriction on my Jeep bc its lifted, and they are demanding that i put my car back to factory standards before they take a look at my Jeep.

Any one here with a modded Jeep that got forced to put the vehicle back in factory standards? @JeepCares is there anything you can do, bc i just want to give up completely at this point.
@JeepCares Any update on what can be done? Also can I pay to get the TSB done, beacuse at this point I'll take the loss. Even though my JL is 2020 i find it ridiculous that all is to blame on my lift.

Osprey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy
Took mine in this morning and didn’t really push the TSB just to see how they would react, but I did mention it. Called me later this afternoon saying the steering wheel was straight and everything was tight ( not sure what that has to do with anything lol ) per the service manager and that TSB did not apply to my issues, basically saying it was normal. I then told the service advisor what the TSB said and go grab the copy I printed and put in my center console and get back with me. Wasn’t 10 minutes and he called back saying they had to order the parts BUT, and I quote... “every dealership is only allowed 1 box every 14 days and I was 6th in line”.What is up with that? Anyone heard of such?
Where in FL? South FL here... I had to make an appointment which is 3 weeks away... what a pain ...