Sponsored

Jlmedic

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport S
(Longisland guys) Set the appointment for Tuesday. Kept telling me there was nothing wrong but I just kept nodding, asked if the right parts were ordered, and told them I'd be there in the morning.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Update to posts 556 and 584 of this thread:

I had the TSB performed today. Here is the new steering gear after today’s installation:

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 4A9F577E-E4BA-4F44-B27F-6F0084EC3A3D

Although my dealership experience regarding this TSB repair was one to forget, Jeep Cares stepped up big time for me and authorized all parts and the repairs.

I have to join the chorus of others who are singing the praises of this TSB. It has eliminated the wander to the right I was experiencing and the Jeep overall feels much more refined and confident in regards to steering. Having this update to your JL if you are still under warranty should be on your to-do list.

Last edited:

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Just dropped my jeep off this morning. I pointed out the last line of the TSB, was hard to get a read on her but she was very nice. So fingers crossed they just do it.
They ordered the parts after an inspection. There were no miles added when I picked it up so no test drive. Parts will be here in 5 days. I have rubi take-offs and Mopar CAI, they did not question anything. Very easy to deal with.

Tyson Motors
Shorewood, IL

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
(Longisland guys) Set the appointment for Tuesday. Kept telling me there was nothing wrong but I just kept nodding, double checked the right parts were ordered, and said "seeya tuesday!" I swear lol
Which dealer?

Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Was going to wait on this, but with all the positive reviews contacted dealer with TSB number - they haven't seen any of these yet. Parts on order and going to call to schedule appointment when they come in.

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
I just got the email/call with the parts in...all the part #'s lined up in the email... she goes in 9/8 for the TSB..fingers crossed. will report back ASAP.

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
JeepCares made all of the difference for me. Steering box is gold. Steers like my JK now, all I ever wanted.
Was your dealer fighting you due to a lift and or tires?

Sponsored

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
Was your dealer fighting you due to a lift and or tires?
I truly believe they would have but didn’t play that game. I have a GC 2.5 lift, 35s, and full Steer Smart front end.

I was out of warranty miles wise and when I set my appt the service advisor said they didn’t just apply tsb’s blah blah. JeepCares hooked me up with an escalation and shipped the parts to the dealer In advance and told them to do it.

One I arrived they said Chrysler contacted them and They would take it from there. It helped I was on record with 2 service appt complaints and JeepCares also recorded my concerns in 2018.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Seems I’ve read more than once that jeep cares is actively getting involved and taking care of folks. I have an appointment next week so the dealer can “diagnose and confirm” the issue. Hopefully I won’t have to escalate to Jeep cares, crossing fingers.

DCerveza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20200 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Called and made an appointment for the steering TSB repair, service said they will need to run diagnostics.