Sponsored

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Thank you for checking and commenting back. I have a 2020 JLUR stock, and I get about the same. I will count my blessings and hope it does not get worse with time.
There is also no steering wheel lock on the JL, so maybe this is contributing factor?
Sponsored

Jlmedic

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Ok, so I spoke with the service advisor who reported that she can't recreate the problem on a 15 minute drive. She wants to have one of her techs take it home on a longer drive to recreate it. Regardless of what I say to her she insists that they have to notice the poor steering. The vehicle passed the comuter diagnostics and is fully updated as I told her. I know the wordage on TSB indicates that once the customer reports their dissatisfaction and it passes the computer diagnostics its pretty much good for the warranty. @JeepCares I really don't understand why the long island dealerships are so apprehensive on following the manufacturer TSB. It's beyond me.

Jlmedic

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so I spoke with the service advisor who reported that she can't recreate the problem on a 15 minute drive. She wants to have one of her techs take it home on a longer drive to recreate it. Regardless of what I say to her she insists that they have to notice the poor steering. The vehicle passed the comuter diagnostics and is fully updated as I told her. I know the wordage on TSB indicates that once the customer reports their dissatisfaction and it passes the computer diagnostics its pretty much good for the warranty. @JeepCares I really don't understand why the long island dealerships are so apprehensive on following the manufacturer TSB. It's beyond me.
I also forgot to mention that I was basically told it's a Jeep thing and if I escalate it with @JeepCares team they still have to see it themselves. I guess we're interpreting the same document differently.

Last edited:

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I took my Jeep in August 14th to get the TSB done. I gave them the TSB number and they wrote it down in my RO so the technician could see it. They drove it, confirmed the dead spot, and said they would order a new steering box. A week and a half later I took my jeep back in to get the steering box replaced, and got it back only to find they had put another aluminum steering gearbox back in. It still has a dead spot in the steering once the steering box gets hot so I brought it back in and again told them about the TSB and handed the service advisor a copy of the TSB. He doesn't think they will replace it again with the new box. I'm beyond frustrated with this dealership.
This should be everyone’s fear. They have been through so many steering box revisions already that when you go in you’re not sure what you’re going to actually get.

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Took mine in this morning and didn’t really push the TSB just to see how they would react, but I did mention it. Called me later this afternoon saying the steering wheel was straight and everything was tight ( not sure what that has to do with anything lol ) per the service manager and that TSB did not apply to my issues, basically saying it was normal. I then told the service advisor what the TSB said and go grab the copy I printed and put in my center console and get back with me. Wasn’t 10 minutes and he called back saying they had to order the parts BUT, and I quote... “every dealership is only allowed 1 box every 14 days and I was 6th in line”.What is up with that? Anyone heard of such?
My dealer said the same thing. They are limiting orders.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I’ve been hesitant to try the steering box adjustment from that guy on YouTube just because we’re talking hundredths of an inch could destroy it, but if they aren’t gonna warranty the box anyway, then why not give it a shot before buying the new box and installing it myself. Speaking of, anyone have experience replacing a steering box?

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
Video of my steering wheel play before (rainy) & after (dry) TSB 08-074-20 - I’m satisfied with the after.

Last edited:

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Try Rodeo CDJR in Queen Creek. Ask for Leo as your service writer. He's up to speed and takes care of his customers. That's who's doing mine next week. I get nothing out of the recommendation, but tell him I sent you ...

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Video of my steering wheel play before (rainy) & after (dry) TSB 08-074-20 - I’m satisfied with the after.
Out of curiosity, which dealership at OKC did you go?

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Dropped off mine for 20k service and TSB. Service advisor who I usually use will try to see what he can do in terms of warranty. He had a tech come out to go on test drive for me, and first thing he said oh this thing has everything on it except for a shower. Second thing he says, where did you get this TSB from? So not a friendly tech. Says don't need a test drive as there are too much aftermarket items on it, and I said no relation, and that some of it was because I was trying to fix the wander and dead zone. He said write it up and they will look at it to see what they can do, but not promising. I already updated Jeep Cares, but waiting for dealer's call to see whats up. The tech also says with so many aftermarket parts they can't deal with warranty as they might lose their franchise license with Jeep, etc. Bunch of baloney lol.

Jlmedic

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dropped off mine for 20k service and TSB. Service advisor who I usually use will try to see what he can do in terms of warranty. He had a tech come out to go on test drive for me, and first thing he said oh this thing has everything on it except for a shower. Second thing he says, where did you get this TSB from? So not a friendly tech. Says don't need a test drive as there are too much aftermarket items on it, and I said no relation, and that some of it was because I was trying to fix the wander and dead zone. He said write it up and they will look at it to see what they can do, but not promising. I already updated Jeep Cares, but waiting for dealer's call to see whats up. The tech also says with so many aftermarket parts they can't deal with warranty as they might lose their franchise license with Jeep, etc. Bunch of baloney lol.
According to the verbage on the diagnosis portion of the TSB they're only supposed to check if the firmware is the latest and takebthe customers complaint as confirmation. Seems they're reading what they want to read. I ended up calling FCA and made a claim explaining all the nonsense I've been dealing with. So lets see.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That kind of crap is really something special. If a dealer has a top customer satisfaction rating, they'll never lose that franchise. Even with a bad one, they can probably keep it. That dealer right there may be proving that out as we speak.
Sponsored