Sponsored

Pricey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Brought my 2020 JLUR into the dealership last week, tech drove the car and said it exhibited the issues I described and they would order the parts. Took the car for the appointment today, the original tech wasn’t in and didn’t leave any notes in the system so they needed to drive it again, this time saying the classic ‘it drives like a Jeep’. They won’t do the service, there’s about an inch of dead spot either side of straight and I constantly feel like I’m fighting to keep the car straight. Car has 900km on it, any advice on getting this done? I could take it to another dealer, closest one is about 150km away so I’m not super keen on that if they’re just going to turn me around. I’m in Canada if that makes a difference.
Sponsored

Karmic.Shift

First Name
Stephen D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude | 2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Brought my 2020 JLUR into the dealership last week, tech drove the car and said it exhibited the issues I described and they would order the parts. Took the car for the appointment today, the original tech wasn’t in and didn’t leave any notes in the system so they needed to drive it again, this time saying the classic ‘it drives like a Jeep’. They won’t do the service, there’s about an inch of dead spot either side of straight and I constantly feel like I’m fighting to keep the car straight. Car has 900km on it, any advice on getting this done? I could take it to another dealer, closest one is about 150km away so I’m not super keen on that if they’re just going to turn me around. I’m in Canada if that makes a difference.
I'm from Toronto and my dealership is saying the exact same thing "Drives like a Jeep". I have aftermarket wheels and tires on when I went in the first time. I am reverting everything to stock and trying again. I knew this is going to be a problem so I double booked it with another jeep dealership just incase this dealership fails me. I will literally try every dealership in the GTA until this is done. :fingerscrossed:

moto_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mechatronics Engineer
I brought my Jeep in today to get the ball rolling on the TSB but was told the parts won't be available until December and they will look into it at the next oil change. Looks like a lot of members here have already had the new steering box installed though. Hoping @JeepCares can help me out!

Sponsored

brbutler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 6-speed, 2016 VW GTI 6-speed, 1984 Porsche 928S 5-speed
I brought my Jeep in today to get the ball rolling on the TSB but was told the parts won't be available until December and they will look into it at the next oil change. Looks like a lot of members here have already had the new steering box installed though. Hoping @JeepCares can help me out!
Which dealer? Herb Chambers did mine last week. Day and night difference.

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
For those getting push back when the dealer says they compared it to another on the lot and say it's the same, have them compare it to a 2021 on the lot since those are the Jeeps with the proper steering box. If they say "It's a Jeep thing" on a 2018-2020, what will they say when they drive one that operates properly?

Doubleaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
They called me back. They said the parts were here and I am scheduled for steering gear box replacement tomorrow.
Dropped of my wrangler this morning for an 8:30 appointment. Got a call at 3pm stating they don’t have power steering fluid to do the repair and will have to order some. Will take 2-3 days for the fluid. Had to take a day vacation for this. Will not schedule until parts received. Not sure if the dealership is feeding me a big pile of crap.
Not a happy camper.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Dropped of my wrangler this morning for an 8:30 appointment. Got a call at 3pm stating they don’t have power steering fluid to do the repair and will have to order some. Will take 2-3 days for the fluid. Had to take a day vacation for this. Will not schedule until parts received. Not sure if the dealership is feeding me a big pile of crap.
Not a happy camper.
Crazy that they don't have a few gallons of the stuff on hand, isn't that a pretty common fluid to have around for all the other services they're doing???

Sponsored

It’ll do

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 2018 Chevy Suburban
Called the local dealer about the steering issue. Girl found a recall for my 2018 JLUR. Let her know about bulletin, she didn’t see anything about it. Is this going to help at all? Should I bring the service bulleti?

Doubleaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Crazy that they don't have a few gallons of the stuff on hand, isn't that a pretty common fluid to have around for all the other services they're doing???
Yup. Pretty common, think they were running behind and made up an excuse to delay repair, or screwed up the parts order

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
... Got a call at 3pm stating they don’t have power steering fluid to do the repair and will have to order some. Will take 2-3 days for the fluid. ...
Being cynical, I'd stop off at the parts window and ask for a quart of the correct fluid. If they produce it, then tell the parts guy to charge it to service. Carry the fluid up to the service manager and ask what the hell's going on in his department.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Not a happy camper.
I’ve had radio silence for a week and just called to check on status of parts for TSB. Was advised that all parts there, except the steering fluid. Still a couple days out. Strange.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Just picked mine up and have only driven about 4 miles. Before this I did not have a ton of play on my steering wheel, but did have some wondering. First impression is the steering is lighter and a slight reduction in play. It did seem to want to pull whatever direction the road was crowned but they did put 37 psi in my tires. I have dropped them back down and installing my Tazer now. Will update after more driving.
Sponsored