kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s odd. My dealership has had my ‘18 JLU since last Thursday. I printed out the TSB and brought it with me to give to the service manager. They said they ordered the parts and will perform the TSB services this week. I should have my Jeep back on Friday. Why would they say they’re doing it if the parts are not even available yet?!
uninformed or inexperienced tech
Sponsored

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
So More update time, Clermont Jeep dealer Ordered part guess what they ordered, A steering Dampener not the Steering gear. WOW. Wasted two weeks and scary highway driving for to be told now that the Steering gear is on back order and will NOW (9/1/2020) be ordered. @JeepCares you might want to reach out to the dealership regarding how not to lie to the customer, not sure if you do that or not, just adding you here so you know whats going on.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Doesn't seem like it would, but in my case it certainly did :no: . Or something happened to the internals in the last few months and it's really affected by long hot drives.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Great info! Thank YOU! If i take my 2019 JL Rubicon to the dealer and present them with this information, will they fix the issue?
In a perfect world, yes. Many folks here are having resistance from dealers not wanting to perform the TSB, or taking it for a test drive and saying the Jeep doesn't meet the TSB criteria.

The TSB states that if customer says that Jeep is having any of the issues listed in the TSB that they are to perform the repair, but many dealers are still not following this. Get Jeep Cares involved if you run in to one of these dealers.

Sponsored

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, @JeepCares is communicating with me, but so far isn't even looking at the TSB, still stuck on the fact that I have 35" tires. Was open to the prospect of contacting a different dealership. Anyone have good experience with a dealership in the Seattle area?

Hotrodnut

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
I had this done on my 18' Sport S, 3" lift and 285-70 17 tires.
The dead zone is still there, the wandering seems to be less though.
I was hoping for the dead zone to be eliminated.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
All true.

It has to be a supplier issue. Perhaps a machining issue where even the sharpness of a carbide can affect how much material it removes even moreso than cast iron, which is the likely material, not steel. The sector shaft etc internals are likely made of a grade of steel. I can totally envision a machining consistency, quality control issue being the likely culprit. It could even be core shift. Those possibilities are probably why one Jeep is great and one is horrible.

ptp262

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 door
In a perfect world, yes. Many folks here are having resistance from dealers not wanting to perform the TSB, or taking it for a test drive and saying the Jeep doesn't meet the TSB criteria.

The TSB states that if customer says that Jeep is having any of the issues listed in the TSB that they are to perform the repair, but many dealers are still not following this. Get Jeep Cares involved if you run in to one of these dealers.
Thank you very much for the quick response! Follow up question: I have a Warn winch with a steel mounting plate. Will that be a problem for the steering fix for the dealer?

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Does Jeepcare have a phone # or is this something strictly for the Forum.
I need this 300 Miles JL fixed or brought back!
I havent had it for a week yet!

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Understand your position, but one thing you can count on is that some technological givens tend to be relearned with each new batch of engineers. Not every bit and piece, but enough "they should have known that" stuff does slip through the cracks with new products. I made my living in heavy equipment product development, so have experience with hiccups that shouldn't have happen.

You didn't agree with my supposition, but didn't offer an alternative that explains the looseness versus temperature feedback from owners. What are your thoughts?

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
8445337928 should work or a PM. Be nice it will get you a long way. Buy back you need lots of gumption and time. They will fix it and this fix is working for most.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Does Jeepcare have a phone # or is this something strictly for the Forum.
I need this 300 Miles JL fixed or brought back!
I havent had it for a week yet!
Right now they are probably swamped, I can't even imagine what @JeepCares inbox looks like.

BTW: @JeepCares I sent you a PM and still no reply yet.
Sponsored