First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, I’m starting down the same path. I told them about a TSB coming out sounding like my issue. I kept it general but used the “key” descriptive words in the TSB.

Due to past dealership experiences, I was shocked today when they came out and said they needed to order the gearbox and interior door panel! (oddly the textured top half bubbling up in two spots) Anyway, all it showed on my receipt (had an oil change and filter put in to let them make a few $$) was gearbox and door panel ordered.

Tell me I’m paranoid they’ll put an older gearbox in. lol Nothing surprises us anymore. :LOL: I’ll just wait and ask if they’re doing the 08-074-20 TSB when they call I guess. Would this TSB supersede the previous gearbox iterations?

Thanks
Sponsored

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped in for an oil change at Adams Jeep of Aberdeen, MD and explained that our Jeep had been in previously for steering issues. The service writer sent it back for the oil change and to be evaluated for wandering. After a test drive, they said the parts would be ordered and we would be contacted when they came in.

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
after reading more about this, I'm positive that I'm experiencing this issue. Even after the alignment there's still wandering, and i can turn the wheel left and right a good amount before there is actual turning involved. I constantly need to keep the wheel turned left to stay straight.

Now the question is whether the idiot dealerships near me will actually fix the issue or blow me off like when I told them, my jeep takes 5 quarts of oil, not 6.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Not a single JL youtuber I following made any mentioning of this supposedly big deal, mostly cricket, I know most of them closely monitoring this forum.

I wonder if that has anything to do with Jeep not paying them, or if they promote this fix, their overlords will absolutely lose sales to all aftermarket steering parts.
[Banned Site] mentioned it in a thread on his forum. But his Jeep is out of warranty, and like me, he said it wasn't bad enough to bother him before, so I think he's waiting to see what people report about the improvement.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, I’m starting down the same path. I told them about a TSB coming out sounding like my issue. I kept it general but used the “key” descriptive words in the TSB.

Due to past dealership experiences, I was shocked today when they came out and said they needed to order the gearbox and interior door panel! (oddly the textured top half bubbling up in two spots) Anyway, all it showed on my receipt (had an oil change and filter put in to let them make a few $$) was gearbox and door panel ordered.

Tell me I’m paranoid they’ll put an older gearbox in. lol Nothing surprises us anymore. :LOL: I’ll just wait and ask if they’re doing the TSB.

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
just one look at the new box will show.
New box is steel old is aluminum

Doubleaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Went in for an appointment on Aug 24th for this. Waited in the lobby for 5 hours and they said they would order parts ( took some convincing to do the TSB). The dealer did not test drive.
I haven’t heard anything for a week, called the dealership for an update. Looks like they forgot to order the parts.
They said to call back at 3pm for an update.

a little pissed.
They called me back. They said the parts were here and I am scheduled for steering gear box replacement tomorrow.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
just one look at the new box will show.
New box is steel old is aluminum
I know. I’m just paranoid I’ll look after they finish and find an AE version gearbox.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Tech just called me... since the bulletin doesn't call for an alignment and this was the first one they have done, they were putting on the rack to check it. Curious if they change anything because I just resolved my DW issues. Unsure what would even change except for the drag link...

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
I know. I’m just paranoid I’ll look after they finish and find an AE version gearbox.
That would be my luck too !

New one should be black instead of silver and have a AA designation.

I will look after they do mine but don't want to be too obvious that I'm "checking their work"

Sponsored

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
I got the service manager and shop foreman involved today, as they said there was no issue from the test drive and they now agreed to order the parts. Super silly that I even had to have this conversation as the daignosis on the TSB says "If customer describes symptom....Repair..". Seemed like a waste of everyone time involved but I should be fixed up soon.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I got the service manager and shop foreman involved today, as they said there was no issue from the test drive and they now agreed to order the parts. Super silly that I even had to have this conversation as the daignosis on the TSB says "If customer describes symptom....Repair..". Seemed like a waste of everyone time involved but I should be fixed up soon.
Which dealer did yo go to? In NY, can I call them?

Cl2775

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JLUR, 2015 Jk
Folks in northern VA area, head to Browns Chrysler in Sterling to get the TSB done. Brought my Jeep (lifted with 37s and bunch of other mods) in this morning for state inspection and mentioned the new TSB, service advisor only asked what was wrong with the steering no other questions and ordered the parts on the spot. No ETA on the parts yet but they’ll let me know in a couple of days.
Sponsored