Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Rubicon at port Jeff they gave me "it's a jeep thing" and the tsb doesnt apply to my steering boxi have a different one ( all the wranglers come with the same box )then took it to huntington I had to make an appointment AND leave it for them to check it out and showed them the tsb they said they are ordering it and SHOULD be here first or second week of September of course even at Huntington jeep when I first brought it in they played it like they never heard of the problem or saw the tsb when I picked it up and told me they wereordering the PARTS they said they order the same PART for someone else a week before and they were still waiting for them so they already knew about the problem and the tsb so you might have to bring your own copy of the tsb be CAUSE they like to play dumb good luck
Welcome to the community, neighbor! Is your Rubi stock or modified? Thanks and good luck with Huntington. I wanted to choke one of the service writers at Port Jeff.
Sponsored

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
Please send our team a message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can escalate a case for additional assistance with getting this completed.

There is no VIN requirement; the TSB applies to 2018-2020 JL Wranglers. & 2020 Gladiators. Send us a message and we will start a case for you!

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes! We are happy to provide assistance if needed.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Hi Darlene, et al,
An update on this topic from my side. I spoke with the service tech at the dealership I take my Jeep to in Poway, Ca. They informed me that they looked into the TSB in more detail and asked me to make an appointment to bring my car in because my replacement radio came in. I brought my car in this last Tuesday, and after a few hours they replaced my radio and told me they had ordered the parts for the TSB. I'm just waiting for the parts to arrive for the update.

As I had hoped the dealership and the service team in Poway are doing as they usually do, taking good care of my and my family's Jeeps.

Admittedly, I was a bit concerned and probably too critical about their initial answer about this TSB and applicability to VINs. I think my reaction is because of previous not so good experiences, not with this dealership, but in general with other dealerships and service groups. In these cases when I find myself proved wrong and have repeated evidence of a good dealership that is fair and runs a business based on good customer service, I have to call BS on myself and let people know about finding a good place to take their Jeeps. After all, I assume that's one of the things this if forum is about. I hope everyone else has a similarly good response from their service group/dealership.

If anyone in SD is looking for a good service team, I don't mind saying that Thinh, Tony and the others in the service dept in Poway, have been very good to work with and have taken care of my daughter's Grand Cherokee and now my Wrangler. From discussing after market lifts vs the Mopar lift and other mods in context of warranty, etc. their approach and policy appears very reasonable and more than fair. Summary is they are "mod friendly," obviously, assuming the mods are done correctly and consider warranty issues on a case by case basis, and not based on the feared, potentially anecdotal policy "if there is a mod, warranty is void."

Thanks
G

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
if you elect to pay for it , i think is worth it to not spend 40 hrs and drive elsewhere. if this fixes the issue the improvement will be worth the cost.
Save your receipt as it may be reimbursable if it becomes a recall.

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
if you elect to pay for it , i think is worth it to not spend 40 hrs and drive elsewhere. if this fixes the issue the improvement will be worth the cost.
Save your receipt as it may be reimbursable if it becomes a recall.
If youā€™ve complained about it during your warranty period, it should be covered. Get Jeep Cares involved and escalate.

22Mag

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Willy's
Well I've had my 20 willys for 6 weeks now and I just called the dealer this morning and made an appointment to have this looked at, and yes the steering has been very upsetting to me. The vehicle is 100% stock and I'm very interested to see what they say, the service advisor I spoke with seemed like he knew of this TSB so we'll see how this goes. My appointment is at Savage 61 jeep on Sept 8th. I'm not asking for miracles here, just a fix for my steering issues. The hotter the temperature it is outside the worse the steering gets and it drifts back and forth in the lane constantly, it is a safety issue. I'm being totally polite from the start on this issue and see how this dealer responds, I did not purchase my vehicle there but they are very close to where I live and I intend on them being my servicing dealer for anything going forward providing they respond to my TSB issue.

Sponsored

Justhiller

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU ā€˜19
I have a 19 JLU with the problems listed in the TSB.
Called my dealer in Pensacola today and they acted like theyā€™ve never heard of the TSB I was talking about. Hopefully when they take it in to diagnose it they donā€™t blame it on the 33s I put on.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2020 JLUW
I have a 19 JLU with the problems listed in the TSB.
Called my dealer in Pensacola today and they acted like theyā€™ve never heard of the TSB I was talking about. Hopefully when they take it in to diagnose it they donā€™t blame it on the 33s I put on.
Canā€™t blame it on 33ā€™s. The wifeā€™s 2020 Willy has the same problem on factory 32ā€™s.

Magiaone

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F250
@JeepCares

just went to my dealer (Classis Jeep Ram Dodge) here in Denton TX, was just told they will not order parts until they get to diagnose it. It's 106 here today, Jeep is all over the place. Please help

Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares

just went to my dealer (Classis Jeep Ram Dodge) here in Denton TX, was just told they will not order parts until they get to diagnose it. It's 106 here today, Jeep is all over the place. Please help
I had to schedule an appointment for them to ā€œcheckā€ my steering. I also contacted Jeep to document both my steering problem and how the dealership service department was telling me ā€œthere should be some play in the steeringā€. Iā€™d suggest setting up the appointment and contacting @JeepCares and their contact line:
https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Jeep2

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s why Iā€™m documenting my customer service from them. We have two other Jeep locations out here on Oahu, Hawaii, so hopefully I donā€™t have much more issues other than the over the phone setting up the appointment issues. Monday my Jeep goes in.

22Mag

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Willy's
Can anyone tell me how many hours labor is involved to perform this TSB once parts are at the dealership?

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Can anyone tell me how many hours labor is involved to perform this TSB once parts are at the dealership?
1.9 hours of dealer warranty time. Some on here say it's more of a 2-3 hour job though.
Sponsored