Sponsored

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
I had just traded my Audi for this 2020 JL YESTERDAY.
First time ever owning a Jeep product, and i noticed my steering moves very freely / easily.
Felt as if the car constantly pulls to the right while driving above 45mph

I am unsure if it is a alignment or tire pull issue, and i stumbled across this post here.
Now i am wondering if i am experiencing this issue or if it is something else.
I would make a complaint now and have the dealer test it. Probably an aluminum steering box. Get it in record asap.
Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Took my 18 JLU to the dealer and they are ordering the parts to perform the TSB. The new steering gear should arrive in a couple days, but evidently one of the bolts is a week out.

I’m still completely stock. After a year and a half of loose steering, I’m excited to experience the fix that others have mentioned.

Good luck all. Hope to update soon.

LadyJeeper

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Teacher
Dropped my Jeep off on Monday evening. Got the call Tuesday that they overnighted the parts. As of today, the steering gear came in, but not any of the hardware. Was told by the parts department that it’s a “restricted” part to order and expect it to be in some time later next week. Does this sound right? How can your order the main component but none of the sub components to fix the main component. I figured if they could order the steering gears, than the rest should come along with it.

@JeepCares

This is exactly what happened to me. I’m now waiting on bolts too. I think it’s odd that they can’t order everything together.

Good Luck!

brbutler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 6-speed, 2016 VW GTI 6-speed, 1984 Porsche 928S 5-speed
Is it a pull to the left or is the wheel just slightly off center to the left? Likely just a simple adjustment to the drag link and you should be all good to go if the wheel is only off center.
The wheel is off to the left a bit, and it pulls to the left when you let go of the wheel. I was thinking it might just be a drag link adjustment, but I let them put it on the rack and get it squared away.

Crimpcap

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Insight, 2016 CVO Streetglide
This is exactly what happened to me. I’m now waiting on bolts too. I think it’s odd that they can’t order everything together.
They probably do order everything together, but different suppliers for the steering gear and bolts.

Sponsored

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
I'm in warranty but lifted on 38's so my plan was to pay if they didn't cover it... yes, mine is that bad...

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I literally just today, traded my 2018 JLU for a 2020 JLU and the difference is night and day. Unfortunately the 2020 has the aluminum AE box, much tighter than the AD box that was in my 2018, but I am still keeping my appointment to have it replaced with the new steel one this coming Saturday.

Edit: Next Saturday the 5th

Last edited:

Sponsored

CapsKorner

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab Ed.
My parts are in... Jeep is going in Wednesday for the replacement.. I'lll report back as well on the results.. with all the mods i've made to make it better, my steering is pretty dialed in, but still has that damn looseness and crappy steering on certain roads..

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I literally just today, traded my 2018 JLU for a 2020 JLU and the difference is night and day. Unfortunately the 2020 has the aluminum AE box, much tighter than the AD box that was in my 2018, but I am still keeping my appointment to have it replaced with the new steel one this coming Saturday.
THIS is what I'd like to know.. if the upgraded box is much improved over the AE model. I also have a 2020. Report back with your thoughts post upgrade please.

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
THIS is what I'd like to know.. if the upgraded box is much improved over the AE model. I also have a 2020. Report back with your thoughts post upgrade please.
I have a 2020 Sahara JLU. I had the AE box. Now have AA Cast Iron box. My steering greatly improved.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 Sahara JLU. I had the AE box. Now have AA Cast Iron box. My steering greatly improved.
Well... I guess I'll in be in line too.
Sponsored