Sponsored

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@JeepCares PLEASE ANSWER MY DMS. REALLY REALLY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE!
I sent them a couple yesterday morning. Still no response. I ended up calling them (but that was worthless). Probably depends on who you get in touch with.

rjpaterson

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Just picked up my 2019 JLU Sport S (FULLY STOCK) from dealer and steering is MUCH better now. Was only a short trip home but no wandering and dead spot it very minimal now (less than 1/2")
Finally was able to do a complete Highway speed drive last night and the dead spot is gone but the Jeep still has a slight pull to the right and may need a re-alignment done. The initial drive home I may have been compensating for the slight pull and attributed it to a dead spot but in fact is just a mis-alignment. Will be stopping by dealer later this afternoon to at least have them check the alignment

thecarps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Finally was able to do a complete Highway speed drive last night and the dead spot is gone but the Jeep still has a slight pull to the right and may need a re-alignment done. The initial drive home I may have been compensating for the slight pull and attributed it to a dead spot but in fact is just a mis-alignment. Will be stopping by dealer later this afternoon to at least have them check the alignment
I'll have to make an appointment and get a new "new" box installed. My cast iron box has at least 1/2 inch in each direction. Glad yours has no dead spot. That pull to the right is probably alignment or tire pressure.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I sent them a couple yesterday morning. Still no response. I ended up calling them (but that was worthless). Probably depends on who you get in touch with.
How did you called them?
I tried getting in contact with Jeep and then I was transferred to a Jeep Wave member and they told me that I VOIDED MY WHOLE WARRANTY. Just bc of my lift. What kind on nonsense is this. I have the transcripts of the whole conversation. @JeepCares what do you think?

Attachments

Sponsored

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How did you called them?
I tried getting in contact with Jeep and then I was transferred to a Jeep Wave member and they told me that I VOIDED MY WHOLE WARRANTY. Just bc of my lift. What kind on nonsense is this. I have the transcripts of the whole conversation. @JeepCares what do you think?
877-426-5337

That's garbage about the warranty. My dealer threatened to do the same thing because of the lift (which ironically is Mopar).

They can't void your warranty on your air conditioning because you have a lift. Can they void it on suspension components and powertrain? sure. Still ridiculous though, as dealers are selling jeeps with lifts and big tires.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
877-426-5337

That's garbage about the warranty. My dealer threatened to do the same thing because of the lift (which ironically is Mopar).

They can't void your warranty on your air conditioning because you have a lift. Can they void it on suspension components and powertrain? sure. Still ridiculous though, as dealers are selling jeeps with lifts and big tires.
Thanks brother. And that's exactly what I thought. It's bullshit, I really need a Mod friendly dealership around here.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Could someone please explain how the set screw on top of the aluminum gear boxes can be used to reduce dead spot and what are the pros and cons of adjusting that screw?

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Could someone please explain how the set screw on top of the aluminum gear boxes can be used to reduce dead spot and what are the pros and cons of adjusting that screw?
This is what I used...

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I contacted them @JeepCares
They were very helpful; they couldn't work for me because I and our Wrangler are Canadian. However, they did provide information that helped me contact FCA Jeep Canada Customer Concern. (1-800-465-2001) Previously I didn't even know that there was a place to call!

FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care had me go to ta dealer they recommended. That dealer recommended repair by replacement according to tsb # 08-074-20 and has ordered the parts. FCA Jeep CCC followed up with a phone call. I did speak to them about the dealer who couldn't read the TSB I handed them, that didn't fix our Wrangler.

I predict that it will be easier to get our Jeeps fixed in future because the BRONCO is coming out. I wonder if Jeep has a huge financial problem because of the cost to replace our steering boxes that just aren't right.

Mine is the 640th post in this thread that started about 2-1/2 years ago. Jeep has a problem. The quality in a company shows how they solve problems.

This is a vehicle life safety system. This should be a recall.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
[QUOTE="Crusifix] I predict that it will be easier to get our Jeeps fixed in future because the BRONCO is coming out. I wonder if Jeep has a huge financial problem because of the cost to replace our steering boxes that just aren't right.[/QUOTE]

I often wonder if Jeep owns the trackbar companies. Think about how many thousands they sold due to the faulty steering box.

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
So took my dealership an entire day to "look" at my 4 Door Wrangler Rubicon yesterday but they finally did - didn't put up a fight - said they were ordering all the parts on the TSB and would call me back when they came in. Said most of them would be in next day but the rest next week. We shall see if they call when they are in and how it goes - but tracking well (no pun intended) :).... seems like the consensus is this is a great improvement over the 2020 AE Box though right?

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
As I sit here at my dealer awaiting the install, 2 of the service consultants where having a discussion about "other" dealerships not taking care of customers with this issue, of course being the person I am. I explained this thread/forum and gave them some examples. They are in agreement that a lot dealers hide under the "mod clause" One, before I pipped in said "people buy Wranglers to modify them, it should be expected." This place is awesome, and when my tour here in Colorado Springs is up I will miss this Dealer. I have said it before and will keep repeating it. Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs, CO has been the best dealer I have ever dealt with, they where a lot hard erto get a deal with on a new vehicle, but I would buy here again just to support them and their awesome Customer Service!!!

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
One, before I pipped in said "people buy Wranglers to modify them, it should be expected."
Precisely. Otherwise...we would have just bought some other ordinary vehicle ;)
Jeep On!

No offense to those without mods. I didn't have mods on my JK for several years but I couldn't hold back on the JL.

Last edited: