Sponsored

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
My 2019 JLUR has 8,200 miles on the clock and was purchased new 8 months ago. It is in bone stock condition including stock wheels and tires.

This morning I take my Jeep into the service department for one of my Jeep Wave tire rotations and to tell my service representative about how my Jeep wanders to the right, particularly in hot ambient temperatures and at freeway speeds. Further, I also reported that the steering feels like it has excessive play. I then provided them a copy of TSB 08-074-20 and asked them to perform the repair procedures outlined in the TSB. Before they responded, I told them I understood if the parts would have to be ordered and the repairs performed on a future date.

Instead, I was met with both hostility and resistance first by the CSR and then a short time later by the service department manager. At this point they have challenged me to contact Jeep and smugly implied I wouldn’t get anywhere by doing so. Further, they are refusing to authorize/order parts for the repair.

Did I mention that I purchased my Jeep at this same dealership 8 months ago and that it is 100% bone stock???

I have PM’ed Jeep Cares...sheesh
What dealer was this?
Also, anyone know how long it normally takes to get a response from Jeepcares?
Sponsored

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What dealer was this?
Also, anyone know how long it normally takes to get a response from Jeepcares?
I am in Southern California and the dealership at issue was (they have now agreed to perform the TSB repairs) Browning CDJR located in Norco, CA.

While I am still dismayed by the dealership’s initial resistance and hostility, thankfully a great Jeep Cares representative helped me and got them to do the right thing.

Just waiting on parts now...

Reactions: RTJ

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I am in Southern California and the dealership at issue was (they have now agreed to perform the TSB repairs) Browning CDJR located in Norco, CA.

While I am still dismayed by the dealership’s initial resistance and hostility, thankfully a great Jeep Cares representative helped me and got them to do the right thing.

Just waiting on parts now...
I live near Norco, good to know not to go there. Thank you!

Sponsored

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I am very happy that all of you are getting taken care of.

I'm still waiting for JeepCares to answer me back, I was turned down by 2 dealerships already because of my lift kit. That's is very upsetting.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I am very happy that all of you are getting taken care of.

I'm still waiting for JeepCares to answer me back, I was turned down by 2 dealerships already because of my lift kit. That's is very upsetting.
Wow, I've got a 3.5" lift, 37s and all steering components replaced. FCA told them to fix it so they did.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And...why does mine need two days?
Don't confuse time listed with time without your Jeep. It's a sad fact that it may only take 2 hours to fix something but there are back logs, people call out sick, the job prior to yours took longer, etc...
Most dealerships have these poor techs over booked and then when a problem comes up that doesn't fit the mold they need to diagnose it and puts everything behind.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
And...why does mine need two days?
Im imagining your vehicle wasn’t the only one in their service Dept. Sucks I know but a lot of us have to wait too when getting maint done esp if they have to order parts

Sponsored

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats, you make it sound very promising, when you say start to finish 3 days, how many hours was the actual install.
My parts are in and goes in on Sep 2
So the install took 2.5-3 hours.
The 3 days is
1 day took it in and told them what I wanted and they ordered parts.
Next day parts came in.
3rd day took it in for the install.

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
I dropped mine off at the dealer at 7:45 on Monday. It was completely ready at noon. I am working from home so just had the wifey pick me up and drop me off. My dealer is about a ten minute drive from the house. I am sorry for all you who are getting the run around. It is quick and easy if you can just get the dealer to do it. Mine agreed sight unseen with just a phone call.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Wow, I've got a 3.5" lift, 37s and all steering components replaced. FCA told them to fix it so they did.
How did you make FCA do that? Any pointers will be very helpful for sure.

I have a Teraflex 4.5 lift kit, with 37s.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Update to post #556–

After esclating my request to a Jeep Cares representative this morning while still at the dealership and firmly but politely asserting my position, I am happy to report that my dealership has now changed course and have agreed to order the parts for this TSB and to perform the specified repairs.

It took nearly 3 hours and various phone calls and emails between myself, my Jeep Cares case manager and the dealership’s service department but it appears my persistence has won out. Parts are now on order and repair to be performed once they arrive at the parts department.
Sounds like you barely krawlified :)
Glad it worked out!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How did you make FCA do that? Any pointers will be very helpful for sure.

I have a Teraflex 4.5 lift kit, with 37s.
First - You really need to reach out to Jeep Cares and get an FCA rep to contact you.

My Story -
We've had a lot of stuff go on with my wife's Jeep. The latest being a leaking t-case input shaft / transmission output shaft seal, leaking cam shaft positioning sensor seals AND the steering gear box was damp which clearly means it's leaking.
Took it to dealer and the dealer had to call local rep to come out and look. Local rep says don't fix any of it since its not dripping. What a bunch of BS. Fortunately the service rep (who used to be a tech) went to his boss and said hey, this isn't right. None of that should be damp let alone dripping we need to do him right. Service manager says fix everything but the steering box since he has a lift and he put a dropped pitman arm on it. I explained that you don't do drop pitman arms anymore and that I don't have one. But also thanked him profoundly for doing the right thing and getting my Jeep fixed.
I thought that was the end of it. Then about 3 weeks ago out of the blue I get a call from an FCA rep. Wants to know how things are going and specifically how is your steering. I laughed at him and said are you serious? Which he said he was, so I told him your local rep told me to go screw myself on ALL the leaks but my dealer did the right thing anyway. I also told him the steering box was not touched. I told him I know how you guys work... you are hoping the warranty runs out or I sell it. He said no, this isn't right that needs to be addressed and we have a brand new box. He overnighted the box to the dealership and the rest is history.
Here's the funny part... I have an extended warranty which got completely overlooked the first time I was in for this latest round of problems. When I went back to the dealership for my auto start stop problem I told thme FCA is going to be calling you about my steering box and he said no problem, looks at my paperwork and said that steering box should have been done because your extended warranty would have covered it. BUT had it been done then I wouldn't have gotten the new box.
Sponsored