Sponsored

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
I have come to the conclusion that there are nice people and mean, nasty people in this world. If one of the latter is the one you interact with, you are temporarily screwed. When I was a salesman at IBM, many years ago, they taught us to call on the top person in the company. I have found this to be very helpful over the years as most senior management people are smart and know how to please their customers and see the mutual benefit in doing so. Sometimes lower level people have no real power in their lives and might have a small amount of authority in their jobs. So who are they going to kick? You, and if your not satisfying enough, then their dog when they see him at the end of the day. Dog abuse.

Be one of the nice people, but go higher at the dealership or better yet at Jeep. IMO
Sponsored

nam6869usmc

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 2-Door S
The dead spot is VERY small now and on top of that the wheel is tight. I just drove my 2018 Rubi and it is "loose" feeling compared to my wife's where it used to feel tighter than hers. Thinking about pushing for it on my Jeep now.
Thanks, sounds great, mine goes in Sep 2

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Has anyone got this TSB and not really noticed any problems with the OEM box? I have a small dead spot, maybe 1" but never really thought too much of it.

I plan on keeping my Jeep for 10 years or so. It may be a good idea to just have the better part installed while its still under warranty. I would not mind doing it myself if not for the software update needed.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone got this TSB and not really noticed any problems with the OEM box? I have a small dead spot, maybe 1" but never really thought too much of it.

I plan on keeping my Jeep for 10 years or so. It may be a good idea to just have the better part installed while its still under warranty. I would not mind doing it myself if not for the software update needed.
I was in the same boat you are. I knew the steering had a small dead spot but kind of figured it is what it is. I got the box replaced because my old box had a small leak causing it to be damp, I wasn't in the boat a lot of these guys are. All I wanted was the leak to be gone so years down the road it wouldn't be a problem. I figured I might get a little benefit from the new box as well but I was shocked at how much tighter it was. It made me realize just how loose my wife's steering was. My Rubi isn't as bad as hers was but it is now def not as tight as hers.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I was in the same boat you are. I knew the steering had a small dead spot but kind of figured it is what it is. I got the box replaced because my old box had a small leak causing it to be damp, I wasn't in the boat a lot of these guys are. All I wanted was the leak to be gone so years down the road it wouldn't be a problem. I figured I might get a little benefit from the new box as well but I was shocked at how much tighter it was. It made me realize just how loose my wife's steering was. My Rubi isn't as bad as hers was but it is now def not as tight as hers.
Good to know.

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer called said because I have aftermarket suspension they would not be able to perform the TSB. He suggested I contact Jeep and see if they can push through the approval :-/ lame!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have Metalcloak control arms. My caster is at 6.7 degrees. It drives great until I get on the highway. It's just as soon as I get over 65 it starts wandering.
Darn, was hoping for an easy fix :(

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Dealer called said because I have aftermarket suspension they would not be able to perform the TSB. He suggested I contact Jeep and see if they can push through the approval :-/ lame!
Hey brother contact JeepCares, they should able to help you out.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Mine has been fine for the most part but play in the wheel got actually scary on a few long drives when the temps were in the 100+ degrees. Enough that I want to put an end to that behavior as it's inconsistent and can come on without warning. Luckily parts are on order :)

Sponsored

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE II :
Just got the replacement done and wow what a difference. My Jeep is like driving a regular truck now.
I guess I had gotten used to the dead spot and drifting to the right all the time. I only had a small dead spot so I thought mine drove great. It Didn't!

There is 0 dead spot any little input the Jeep moves. When driving I don't have to constantly be giving input anymore than a regular truck now. Sure wish I would have had this done before my 800 mile plus trip to CO and back last week.

The Jeep is so much easier to drive now. I was on interstate at 70 on a windy day as soon as I left the dealership. I am so glad I resisted the urge for the last year to start replacing parts to try and fix this problem of the dead spot.

I also know the tire pressure really messes with the steering also so as a test I stopped at a QT and pumped the tires up to 37 and drove just as good with no change.

This whole thing from start to finish to 3 days.

nam6869usmc

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 2-Door S
UPDATE II :
Just got the replacement done and wow what a difference. My Jeep is like driving a regular truck now.
I guess I had gotten used to the dead spot and drifting to the right all the time. I only had a small dead spot so I thought mine drove great. It Didn't!

There is 0 dead spot any little input the Jeep moves. When driving I don't have to constantly be giving input anymore than a regular truck now. Sure wish I would have had this done before my 800 mile plus trip to CO and back last week.

The Jeep is so much easier to drive now. I was on interstate at 70 on a windy day as soon as I left the dealership. I am so glad I resisted the urge for the last year to start replacing parts to try and fix this problem of the dead spot.

I also know the tire pressure really messes with the steering also so as a test I stopped at a QT and pumped the tires up to 37 and drove just as good with no change.

This whole thing from start to finish to 3 days.
Congrats, you make it sound very promising, when you say start to finish 3 days, how many hours was the actual install.
My parts are in and goes in on Sep 2

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats, you make it sound very promising, when you say start to finish 3 days, how many hours was the actual install.
My parts are in and goes in on Sep 2
Just FYI. They are having mine for 2 days.

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Update to post #556–

After esclating my request to a Jeep Cares representative this morning while still at the dealership and firmly but politely asserting my position, I am happy to report that my dealership has now changed course and have agreed to order the parts for this TSB and to perform the specified repairs.

It took nearly 3 hours and various phone calls and emails between myself, my Jeep Cares case manager and the dealership’s service department but it appears my persistence has won out. Parts are now on order and repair to be performed once they arrive at the parts department.