Sponsored

jeep-v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
Went to my local Jeep dealer and test drove Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0T. Although it had an old steering box, it drove differently, no right bias and pretty much keeps going where you pointed it.

I was ready for battle with service manager, but bumped into the right person, who knew about this recall and I did not need to wrestle anyone to perform this repair.

He mentioned one (1) part set per week limitation for this TSB and the fact I had a few folks ahead of me. I do not mind waiting, technicians will have a little practice before servicing my vehicle. Will call me in a 3-4 weeks when parts arrive.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE: Was at dealer yesterday. They called this morning and the parts are in and I drop it off tomorrow to get fixed!

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I love reading the positive reports on the new steering gear. FINALLY.

Now if FCA would get after their pita dealerships to get the repairs done and stop jerking people around (that doesn't apply to me, I haven't asked my dealer about it—YET).

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

We did take the TSB to the dealer last Monday. We underlined that sentence. We repeated it verbally. The dealer took our Wrangler for a test drive and refused to fix it. Said our Wrangler was the same as another they had in stock.

(Turns out their test drive is on smooth city streets, last 6 minutes and highest speed was 70 KMH. They could have learned as much taking it through a car wash and we would have had a clean jeep.)
Where are you located? My dealer took it for a test drive, even though the TSB says "if the customer reports any of..." Came back in under an hour and said "we've ordered the parts". Seemed like a waste of the technician's time.

if you're in the GTA PM me, I'll send you my dealership's name and SA.

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
warrensburg, mo dodge/Chrysler/Jeep is complete garbage. Didn't even look up the tsb, I had to contact jeep wave and they told me I already had a case open with Marvin from fca/Mopar. Even though he never answers his phone :/.

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Where are you located? My dealer took it for a test drive, even though the TSB says "if the customer reports any of..." Came back in under an hour and said "we've ordered the parts". Seemed like a waste of the technician's time.

if you're in the GTA PM me, I'll send you my dealership's name and SA.
Thanks. I appreciate it!

I escalated to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care. They recommended another dealer. Been there. They confirmed, and parts are ordered.
@JeepCares. They do!
And FCA has helped too.

great respect for both.

LadyJeeper

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Teacher
Took my Jeep to the dealer (Safford Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Warrenton, Va) this morning.

Wonderful service agent, Bob, listened to my "complaints" and never once tried to say that is just how a Jeep drives. He seem to accept and agree with everything I was saying, which was a relief as I was nervous they would just dismiss me since I'm a woman.

I mentioned the TSB and he said they were well aware of it. He told me they would have to probably order the parts and I said, I understand. I spent 2 hours in the waiting room and then Bob comes to say he has ordered the parts and they should be here tomorrow!

They kept my Jeep and gave me a rental car as they were all out of loaners on site! Driving around town in a Challenger is quite fun!

Bob said the Jeep should get fixed by end of day tomorrow! I can't believe how easy the process has been so far!

Everyone at this dealership was wonderful!!!

Fingers crossed that all the steering problems get resolved!!! Will update after I get it back and test drive it!

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") Challenger Loaner

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
So, I just had a pretty good experience with my dealer, which I wasn't expecting. I went in for 2 reasons.
  1. The random reboots and green screen during backup on my 8.4 Uconnect system
  2. Wandering all over the road, especially on the highway.
Received a call after about 2 hours:
  1. They installed a software update (Finally!! My software was well over 18 months old, I know of at least 3 releases newer and the Uconnect website said it was up to date)
  2. They said that a TSB was out on the steering (probably because I left it on the seat of the vehicle), they had ordered the part and it should be here tomorrow - so they are keeping the vehicle to do the replacement tomorrow.
Really looking forward to getting my ride back.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Only found one dealership in Edmonton willing to do it.
I grew up in St. Albert. Crosstown and St. Albert Dodge were my go-to, especially of performance parts for my Omni and Daytonas. CHeck them out and see.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Am I glad that Jeep finally decided to get off their ass to do something about this issue that I'm sure caused so many to turn away from Jeep. Sure..................

However, I'm not happy with different dealerships turning folks away because they decided to add aftermarket parts to fix THEIR (Jeeps) problem to begin with. Just give me a new steering box and I'll install it myself.....beats sitting in a waiting room for five hours.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Took my Jeep to the dealer (Safford Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Warrenton, Va) this morning.

Wonderful service agent, Bob, listened to my "complaints" and never once tried to say that is just how a Jeep drives. He seem to accept and agree with everything I was saying, which was a relief as I was nervous they would just dismiss me since I'm a woman.

I mentioned the TSB and he said they were well aware of it. He told me they would have to probably order the parts and I said, I understand. I spent 2 hours in the waiting room and then Bob comes to say he has ordered the parts and they should be here tomorrow!

They kept my Jeep and gave me a rental car as they were all out of loaners on site! Driving around town in a Challenger is quite fun!

Bob said the Jeep should get fixed by end of day tomorrow! I can't believe how easy the process has been so far!

Everyone at this dealership was wonderful!!!

Fingers crossed that all the steering problems get resolved!!! Will update after I get it back and test drive it!

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") Challenger Loaner
sounds like a good experience.
my first dealer refused. Second dealer agreed. I know which we shall use for future service

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
sounds like a good experience.
my first dealer refused. Second dealer agreed. I know which we shall use for future service
I'm lucky and my dealer down the road has no issues like that. Glad you are getting the service done.

nam6869usmc

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 2-Door S
Just picked up my 2019 JLU Sport S (FULLY STOCK) from dealer and steering is MUCH better now. Was only a short trip home but no wandering and dead spot it very minimal now (less than 1/2")
So you had the new box installed and the software update and you still have free play(dead spot). I've read about four others that were done and have zero dead spot. My parts should be in by Monday and hoping this eliminates my slop in my steering.
Sponsored