Sponsored

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Cant wait now. My jeep is already at the dealer , they got the part too. He said they will work on it today but still they haven't took it in. I keep checking the location on my uconnect app every hour but its still parked outside.
Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Cant wait now. My jeep is already at the dealer , they got the part too. He said they will work on it today but still they haven't took it in. I keep checking the location on my uconnect app every hour but its still parked outside.
Which dealer did you go to?

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Do they offer loaners?
Well they do have rental loaners on their lots. But they hate me already so i just want my steering box replaced and run lol.

I have bugged them since last year and they told me that i am not welcome to their dealership. But i pulled some strings to get this tsb done with them.

Sponsored

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
Mine is in the shop for the TSB now. Wish me luck.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Well they do have rental loaners on their lots. But they hate me already so i just want my steering box replaced and run lol.

I have bugged them since last year and they told me that i am not welcome to their dealership. But i pulled some strings to get this tsb done with them.
Can you provide me with a service advisor contact #? & name.?

Doubleaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Sitting at the dealership now for them to take a look at My 2019 rubi. Handed them a copy of the TSB and explained that the steering has a dead spot, requires constant steering correction, and drifts to the left/right. Mostly noticeable 40 mph and higher.

They plan to take it for a test drive and will see if the TSB is a warranty repair.
They said this is the first one they have heard about and would not order the kit until they verify the problem.
Wish me luck
Had a 7:45 appointment. It is 10:50, still waiting at the dealership. Wrangler has not moved, still sitting in the parking lot

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Had a 7:45 appointment. It is 10:50, still waiting at the dealership. Wrangler has not moved, still sitting in the parking lot
Unfortunately, that’s typical of my dealership experiences...or anywhere the last 20-30 years. Appointments aren’t appointments for the most part these days.

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
I talked to my dealer this morning. The first issue they brought up was the "5SY" option mentioned in the TSB does not show up for my JLUR. The second issue was the lift kit and tires. We talked a bit and they agreed to change the box under warranty unless Jeep wants pictures of my Jeep. It's lifted on 38's.

They did make me an appointment for Monday the 24th. So we'll see...
Just to update after my appointment... The tech and I took a ride and he confirmed the issues I'm having so parts are on order and now we wait...

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
Any clue what the 5SY code is?
Someone after my first post said it was for 2020 only... so I'm going with that... it has to be removed from the programming for a new code anyway so I'm hoping there's no issue with it not being there... see post 395 in this thread...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Guys, I was asked to upload a short video with commentary. Not sure what you can see but hope this helps any of you.

Nice clip, should be the new standard for the JL Steering! Don't have a service date for mine yet but the box is ordered :) Can't wait!
Sponsored