Sponsored

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Just got a call back, they said they test drove it and again found it to be driving fine. Which is baffling to me considering 3-4 in of play in the steering wheel. Luckily the advisor was willing to “throw the part at it” to see if it does anything. He said parts are one day out. So I think it’s going to get replaced but the advisor seemed pretty adamant that if this doesn’t fix it then there’s nothing we can do anymore.
Quick update, they said the power steering will take 5-7 days to arrive. Just for an idea of turn around time.
Sponsored

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Real sour pill for folks that bought a 2018 and over the 36k mile warranty.
If you're out of warranty and complain enough to Jeep Cares I can't see them denying anyone on this.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Well if you ask why FCA hated money? Same like every corporation, they won't do it unless they absolutely have to.

In this case, steering is a subjective thing, and unless a mass number of Jeep had or project to have accidents due to steering, they will just do a TSB.
And just like every corporation that does nothing unless they absolutely have to. Keep up the crappy service at your franchised Jeep dealerships. They could not even PDI my new vehicle. I had to do it myself. Take a Hard look at what has happened to Harley-Davidson. Bring it on Ford Bronco.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
And just like every corporation that does nothing unless they absolutely have to. Keep up the crappy service at your franchised Jeep dealerships. They could not even PDI my new vehicle. I had to do it myself. Take a Hard look at what has happened to Harley-Davidson. Bring it on Ford Bronco.
I couldn’t agree with your comments more, Bravo!!!

Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
So, my dealership after I took it in for its second oil change and tire rotation wouldn’t touch my spare to add it to the rotation simply because it’s a 35” tire and didn’t want to mess with the tire carrier. After 3.5 hrs later they tell me that because of my parts I’ve changed out(battery to a dual battery kit from Genesis, superchips TD2 tuner, my 3.5” lift and tires) that many of my warranties are now void(big one being the tuner with dual battery kit). Is this true? And just to rub it in more the guy tells me that when they were putting it on the floor lift that the front axle disconnect(FAD) cable may need an extension since when they were lifting it they had to disconnect it.
jumping to my steering it’s been something that I just accepted that it was a Jeep that it would have some left or right pull and a bit of sloppiness. Anyone still got this warranty item fixed with a lift?Just saying that I have plenty of doubts in my dealership to actually own up and fix something(that’s not even including the welds in the frame that look sloppy also from the factory). @JeepCares if you do take care of your customers I’d like to hear it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
First box in the TSB states~
This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of FCA US LLC

Is it ok to print this up & take it to the dealer, don't want to start off on the wrong foot!

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Anyone have luck with a NYC/Long island dealer with this TSB?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Real sour pill for folks that bought a 2018 and over the 36k mile warranty.
Not necessarily true. If the customer has documented complaints for wander/pull at the dealer DURING the warranty period that have gone unrepaired, it is possible that this repair would be covered. i believe that it is necessary to have the documented complaints However.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Still waiting for “that guy” to post something like: Took my Viper in today to get new wiper blades and got an appointment for my JL to get this done tomorrow because I’m super important. I told them no worries if they need it a few days because I have my G Wagon to drive while it’s there.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting for “that guy” to post something like: Took my Viper in today to get new wiper blades and got an appointment for my JL to get this done tomorrow because I’m super important. I told them no worries if they need it a few days because I have my G Wagon to drive while it’s there.
I didnt feel it was necessary to disclose all the vehicles i was taking in for service. Sucks having to drive my Ferrari around

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Did not read all 25 pages so it could have been addressed. But I Wonder if the Bronco release had anything to do with this TSB.
Sponsored