Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2020 JLUW
Can't wait to hear the results? What parts do you need? I have a 2020 Rubicon with all the updated AE parts some I am guessing just the computer flash needed?
There is a new box, an update to the AE version. So it should be box, bolts, and flash.
Sponsored

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
At the dealer now, they are installing the steering box now and it should be done in 2 hours. They said when the TSB came out they were sent only one and so I was able to be first in line.
Well after waiting at the dealer for 5 hours they said since I’m the first one theyve ever done they’re taking their time and the software update after the install would take a while. It should be complete either tonight or first thing tomorrow and I will keep you updated on the improvements.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
You would think so! This is was my First Jeep and I was worried about the "dealer experience". especially because we just moved to Colorado. over the past 1+ year of ownership, I have had nothing but an amazing experience with Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs. They have exceeded every dealer that I have worked with over the past 20+ years.
Wow that's a way different story than mine. Might have to make the trip to COS to get this done :headbang:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a call from my service rep this morning. My appointment is September 2 at 8am, to get this fixed, its about a 3-4 hr job they said. Part was ordered last week.

Sponsored

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Quick question guys. I dropped mine last friday with the dealer. They confirmed the issue (loose steering) and said the part will be here tomorrow. Wuuut. Wasnt it going to be available after September 18?

He said they have ordered a new steering rack. What is a rack , is it different from a steering box?

Sorry for non technical question.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Quick question guys. I dropped mine last friday with the dealer. They confirmed the issue (loose steering) and said the part will be here tomorrow. Wuuut. Wasnt it going to be available after September 18?

He said they have ordered a new steering rack. What is a rack , is it different from a steering box?

Sorry for non technical question.
I believe they just mean steering box or steering gear box - some traditional vehicles use a steering rack and our SFA Jeeps use a gearbox.

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
My local dealer just called to let me know my parts came in. I'm trying to schedule a time to get my JLU in this Friday if availability opens up. If not early next week.

Guys, I strongly advise finding a dealer that is attentive and simply put, knows how to run a business. I had the clutch recall done as well, and had my original dealer where my vehicle was purchased (awful experience by the way) order parts for the clutch recall and they were supposed to call me back when the parts arrived, yet I still haven't heard back (been over a month now). I can careless because my local dealer already had the parts for the clutch and were attentive.

I'll keep you guys updated once I get the new steering box on.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
You would think so! This is was my First Jeep and I was worried about the "dealer experience". especially because we just moved to Colorado. over the past 1+ year of ownership, I have had nothing but an amazing experience with Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs. They have exceeded every dealer that I have worked with over the past 20+ years.
I can second this completely. First Jeep and great sales and service.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a guy on one of the JL groups on Facebook who's got the part installed and says its a night and day difference - no more play at all in the wheel. He's running a lift and 38s and is a dealer tech.

Sponsored

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
There's a guy on one of the JL groups on Facebook who's got the part installed and says its a night and day difference - no more play at all in the wheel. He's running a lift and 38s and is a dealer tech.
Can you post a link to that FB page. I can't find it.

JLUMich

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU EcoDiesel
Can't wait to hear the results? What parts do you need? I have a 2020 Rubicon with all the updated AE parts some I am guessing just the computer flash needed?
They didn’t say exactly what is being replaced. The service bulletin says:

“This bulletin involves replacing the steering gear and updating the Electric Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS) software, if required.”

So steering gear? Maybe the Tie rod and drag link ?
has anyone chalked their Jeep before it went in to see what parts are replaced ?

I will ask what was replaced/done when I get it back.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They didn’t say exactly what is being replaced. The service bulletin says:

“This bulletin involves replacing the steering gear and updating the Electric Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS) software, if required.”

So steering gear? Maybe the Tie rod and drag link ?
has anyone chalked their Jeep before it went in to see what parts are replaced ?

I will ask what was replaced/done when I get it back.
Steering gear is the FCA term for the steering gearbox, which would be similar to a steering rack in a traditional vehicle. Tie rod and drag link are not part of this bulletin.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't mention it at all. They can see it and the TSB makes no mention of it and the fact remains no matter what you've done the steering box is crap.
Why don't they just make it a recall and be done with it???
Sponsored