Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
Walter:

It seems like you have had a couple of years of complaints at your dealer regarding this issue. Your vehicle has been in for service for this issue. It’s a known complaint of yours with your dealer. Frankly, they should be proactively calling you and telling you that they will order it. But, unfortunately, this is FCA and this is an FCA dealership.

I suggest that you download the TSB and email it to your service advisor. then call them. Explain to them that you want them to order the parts. There is zero need for you to bring this jeep into them as there is ZERO testing that the dealer needs to do...... your complaints of steering over the last two years is enough and already on record.

if they insist that you bring the Jeep in, ask them to call their regional Jeep rep and get you on a conference call. That will fix it. If that doesn’t work, reach out to Jeep Cares. There is ZERO need for you to go into the dealership for them to ...... to..... to.... do what? (Other than order the parts).
Thanks, I have dealt unsuccessfully with Jeep regional reps before on this crap steering and talked to Jeep Cares tonight and they would offer no assistance and told me I had to have the dealer inspect it next week for them to decide if I am allowed to have the fix. I did communicate with Mike Manley CEO on another matter before my JL was delivered but I don't know if he survived all the corporate management changes. I physically went to my dealer today and was blown off..."you must get it inspected first by our techs before we will order the parts". Another dealer visit! Unbelievable lack of customer service. I did bring the new Service Bulletin with me today and of course the service advisor was totally unaware of it. I hope they send me a few more surveys, but past experience says they don't read them.
Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Wow, i must say Jeep is starting to step up here!
Just got a call from my dealer that FCA Corp is sending parts to the dealer tomorrow.
There is hope folks!

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wow, i must say Jeep is starting to step up here!
Just got a call from my dealer that FCA Corp is sending parts to the dealer tomorrow.
There is hope folks!
Congratulations!
Hope it's a good solution.

Sponsored

rjpaterson

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I was told by Dealer in SC last night that they are still not able to order the parts as it is showing "BLOCKED". I got the explanation that parts are released based on the size of the Dealership as larger dealers get priority ordering???

Have not heard from them today yet.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I was told by Dealer in SC last night that they are still not able to order the parts as it is showing "BLOCKED". I got the explanation that parts are released based on the size of the Dealership as larger dealers get priority ordering???

Have not heard from them today yet.
In my situation, i have a larger dealer and have been on this issue since i had 500 miles over 1.5 years ago. Maybe this is the difference?

JavaRunner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Just brought my '20 JLU in this morning, has about 1000 miles. When I first dropped it off, the service manager was giving me the standard " How many jeeps have you owned, you know they drive different", and just in general being a bit dismissive, i felt.

Well, maybe it wasn't all in my head, I just got off the phone with them and they are having the new steering gear overnighted and installed tomorrow. I didn't even bring up the TSB to them, he just said, "There is a service bulletin out and I have to replace a part". I can only imagine the tech drove it and said this isn't right.

I really feel for all of you that dealt with this for 2+ years, hopefully this is the solution.

And yes, this is a large dealer. It is not however, who I bought the Jeep from.

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you early adopters double check the part numbers. Hope all goes well. Keep us updated.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you early adopters double check the part numbers. Hope all goes well. Keep us updated.
You can tell just by touching and looking since the new ones are cast iron.

Sponsored

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for tagging us. We understand your potential concerns while in service, and would like to help however we can. If you are in need of assistance while your Jeep Wrangler is at your Jeep dealer, please send us a message once you have an appointment set with your dealer. We will formally document your experience, and we will have a case escalated for additional communication and support if needed.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hello Darlene I have been fighting this loose and wandering problem since May 26, 2018, the day i took delivery of my JL 2 door. I have probably written over 200 posts trying to get Jeep’s attention for this safety issue. I was told nearly 2 years ago by Steve Stander to take my car to a different dealer which i did. That dealer has worked with me and replaced a stabilizer and later a track bar. The track bar seemed to help but did not fix the problem. After taking a 400 mile trip with the Wrangler last November, after both fixes, I told my wife how difficult the jeep still was to keep in the lane. I said I don’t think we can safely take this Jeep on any more trips and will only use it locally. I bought the vehicle to be used for anywhere i wanted to drive. And yesterday when i stopped at my local dealer, they told me it would take 2 more appointments to get it resolved. First one to determine if it needed the new TSB and, if yes, then a follow up to have the TSB installed. Why do i have to go through this game over and over again? My Jeep wanders and has excessive play in the steering from the date of delivery til today and forever if they don’t do this TSB. I called Jeep Cares last night and got no satisfaction. I’m 75 years old and so weary of all this! Please actually help me. Thanks in advance.

Swamp Cabbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Hello Darlene I have been fighting this loose and wandering problem since May 26, 2018, the day i took delivery of my JL 2 door. I have probably written over 200 posts trying to get Jeep’s attention for this safety issue. I was told nearly 2 years ago by Steve Stander to take my car to a different dealer which i did. That dealer has worked with me and replaced a stabilizer and later a track bar. The track bar seemed to help but did not fix the problem. After taking a 400 mile trip with the Wrangler last November, after both fixes, I told my wife how difficult the jeep still was to keep in the lane. I said I don’t think we can safely take this Jeep on any more trips and will only use it locally. I bought the vehicle to be used for anywhere i wanted to drive. And yesterday when i stopped at my local dealer, they told me it would take 2 more appointments to get it resolved. First one to determine if it needed the new TSB and, if yes, then a follow up to have the TSB installed. Why do i have to go through this game over and over again? My Jeep wanders and has excessive play in the steering from the date of delivery til today and forever if they don’t do this TSB. I called Jeep Cares last night and got no satisfaction. I’m 75 years old and so weary of all this! Please actually help me. Thanks in advance.
If I were king, which I am clearly not, I’d move you to the front of the line. You’ve made a very compelling case and deserve attention right away. I wish you the best in getting Jeep’s attention.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer "valet" picked up the jeep from my house on Saturday morning returned it Saturday afternoon. Told me that they will put the order in as soon as it's available seems pretty cut and dry. I didn't mind dropping it off, they torque checked my my aftermarket non-Mopar lift and had a tire rotation for free. I'm sure it's part of their investigation but free is free. I hope everyone else gets similar treatment

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Man I think i just found a cool dealer. I took my brothers car for some warranty work and mentioned my jeep, service manager comes out and we start talking about jeeps. Gave him the TSB number, and said I’d get a call for when i can expect parts. No questions asked.

It seems that he gets steering complaints daily on the JLs. So we’ll see if this actually solves anything.
Sponsored