Sponsored

rjpaterson

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
So you had the new box installed and the software update and you still have free play(dead spot). I've read about four others that were done and have zero dead spot. My parts should be in by Monday and hoping this eliminates my slop in my steering.
Correct, Software and gearbox. The steering does have a little dead spot but seems in line now with my other vehicles. It is definitely a much better improvement than what it was. I will taking out on highway later tonight to give it a full test.
Sponsored

nam6869usmc

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 2-Door S
Correct, Software and gearbox. The steering does have a little dead spot but seems in line now with my other vehicles. It is definitely a much better improvement than what it was. I will taking out on highway later tonight to give it a full test.
Thanks "RJ", I'm hoping that this dead spot is eliminated or so small that is isn't even noticeable, good luck with your test run.

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Wish me luck. Drop mine off tomorrow at Rairdons in Kirkland, WA. Would be nice to finally get this fixed!

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Took my Jeep to the dealer (Safford Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Warrenton, Va) this morning.

Wonderful service agent, Bob, listened to my "complaints" and never once tried to say that is just how a Jeep drives. He seem to accept and agree with everything I was saying, which was a relief as I was nervous they would just dismiss me since I'm a woman.

I mentioned the TSB and he said they were well aware of it. He told me they would have to probably order the parts and I said, I understand. I spent 2 hours in the waiting room and then Bob comes to say he has ordered the parts and they should be here tomorrow!

They kept my Jeep and gave me a rental car as they were all out of loaners on site! Driving around town in a Challenger is quite fun!

Bob said the Jeep should get fixed by end of day tomorrow! I can't believe how easy the process has been so far!

Everyone at this dealership was wonderful!!!

Fingers crossed that all the steering problems get resolved!!! Will update after I get it back and test drive it!

Challenger Loaner.jpg
That's Great to hear, Finally a good Dealer experience!!!!
Enjoy your Loaner !!! Let us know how everything goes when you get you Jeep back?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Parts ordered, I was told a few weeks.
I don't quite understand the write-up:
"Verified play in steering, raised vehicle, and verified steering components do not have play at this time. TSB 08-074-20 applies. Ordered Parts, no repairs performed at this time"
I would guess this refers to replacing the steering gear only.
Which dealer in N TX?

Sponsored

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
My dealer won't cover it under the TSB. The tech says he can't seem to find an issue which is insane. The only thing I can think is the problem is so common that he thinks crap sterring is normal. I am going to meet with the service manager on Monday when he is back from vacation but I should probably just switch dealers.

In fact, maybe I should buy a Bronco. My ford dealers service is a good bit better anyway.

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My dealer had not seen the TSB until I brought it in. Looked it up and ordered parts. Said they would let me know when they came in.
So, in the last two weeks your dealer hasn’t bothered to read a Technical Services Bulletin that was absolutely available for him to read? That really instills customer confidence, doesn’t it?

Mspear71

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport S
Which dealer in N TX?
Dropped mine at Huffines Plano off Plano Parkway yesterday. They ordered the new steering box, New box is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning. I should have it back by the end of the day.

The Huffines family owns a number of dealerships in DFW, I have always received very good service for my vehicles. I highly recommend you visit and find out for yourself.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Dealer told me to come back "Sept 3rd"...to order it. and then wait again.....i dont understand why can't they order it on the spot.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The Huffines family owns a number of dealerships in DFW, I have always received very good service for my vehicles. I highly recommend you visit and find out for yourself.
Thanks Mark. Let’s see if my local dealer comes through. Appreciate the feedback

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I don't think they care......
I called FCA Jeep Canadian Customer Care. They really cared. They helped. We have parts on order.
JeepCares is (finally) posting here. They helped me too when I sent a PM to them.

And the new BRONCO is being sold right now. That's a motivator for Jeep!

JLUMich

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU EcoDiesel
Again...what’s wrong with these people? I’m afraid the pride in workmanship is dying in America. Walter
The best part is that after I picked up the Jeep the 2nd time/same day. (after they realigned and straightened the steering wheel) they had me sign a second set of paper work......they charged another $65 to FCA under warranty work for an alignment - jeez
They were just fixing their miss alignment mess up from earlier in the day. Yikes
Sponsored