Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I could use Jeep Cares help with getting the TSB on my 18 JLUR.

I dropped it off at Scott Robinson today and the service lane writer said they have to put the new track bar on even though I have an aftermarket that's theoretically better. I'm ok with that, but they will not warranty the trackbar installation and part without the OEM part, which is probably melted down into a Toyota bumper by now. Really? They're going to charge me a few hundred bucks after I spent almost $50k on this vehicle that I damn near ran off the road on the way home from the dealer due to the loose steering and have put up with for 3 years and my wife won't drive it? A part that I paid out of my pocket to address an issue Jeep hadn't even admitted was a problem when I replaced it to much improvement? Really? Now they want to penalize me because I addressed something that should have never left the factory before they put out anything on it? Customer service seems to be somewhat lacking here. I could use some reasonable people in Jeep Cares to convince this dealer otherwise.
Sponsored

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S

I dropped it off at Scott Robinson today and the service lane writer said they have to put the new track bar on even though I have an aftermarket that's theoretically better. I'm ok with that, but they will not warranty the trackbar installation and part without the OEM part, which is probably melted down into a Toyota bumper by now. Really? They're going to charge me a few hundred bucks after I spent almost $50k on this vehicle that I damn near ran off the road on the way home from the dealer due to the loose steering and have put up with for 3 years and my wife won't drive it? A part that I paid out of my pocket to address an issue Jeep hadn't even admitted was a problem when I replaced it to much improvement? Really? Now they want to penalize me because I addressed something that should have never left the factory before they put out anything on it? Customer service seems to be somewhat lacking here. I could use some reasonable people in Jeep Cares to convince this dealer otherwise.
Send a message to: @JeepCares

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

That’s BS 🤦🏼‍♂️. Dealers are so different across the board. I had Mopar lift, aftermarket TB, aftermarket steering stabilizer and 37s and my dealer said no problem. He stated there was a recall for the SS but noted on work order to leave aftermarket parts alone and just complete the TSB. Crazy how different they are.

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl

Ya i dont get why they are such a pain in the ass. They charge jeep and get reimbursed back. Also did you think maybe to put the stock trackbar as if you didn't modify it ?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ya i dont get why they are such a pain in the ass. They charge jeep and get reimbursed back. Also did you think maybe to put the stock trackbar as if you didn't modify it ?
You got a spare stock trackbar? Mine has been gone for 2 years. I thought that was in my rant. Maybe not clear.

Sponsored

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
You got a spare stock trackbar? Mine has been gone for 2 years. I thought that was in my rant. Maybe not clear.
Oh maybe try to find it cheap and used. Let them then replace it and it still doesnt work i dont know. Im going now in january for the 3rd official time for steering within 18 months. They want me to look at another jeep or ram pick up😂. I just want it to be fixed. My negative camber doesnt help

Last edited:

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Oh maybe try to find it cheap and used. Let them then replace it and it still doesnt work i dont know. Im going now in january for the 3rd official time for steering within 18 months. They want me to look at another jeep or ram pick up😂. I just want it to be fixed. My negative camber does help
Changing the steering gear really helped mine.
But there's a lot that can go wrong.
* wrong steering gear installed
* wring bolts installed
* no re flash on the computer
* not enough fluid in the reservoir
* probably forgotten more.

Don't forget that the original TSB has been pulled back. The replacement one is more thorough (I think). Mine was done with the first TSB.

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
Changing the steering gear really helped mine.
But there's a lot that can go wrong.
* wrong steering gear installed
* wring bolts installed
* no re flash on the computer
* not enough fluid in the reservoir
* probably forgotten more.

Don't forget that the original TSB has been pulled back. The replacement one is more thorough (I think). Mine was done with the first TSB.
shit. i had the first tsb done. does anyone have a copy of the most recent tab for the steering while i’m still under warranty. cause it’s still not quite right.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
"
Don't know how to send a link....it's TSB 08-003-21
This is perfect. While it looks like the parts are the same from the original TSB I am betting the software update is new. I am gonna ask for it. See if it helps. it tracks better. but the feel from where the wheel is in relation to the direction of the vehicle is still missing.

you should be able to sense from the steering wheel when the vehicle is off course.

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Glad it helped.
Told the dealer the day we picked up the JLU that the steering box needed adjustment or replacement. They drove it and a new one in stock and said "It's a jeep thing". A year later--@JeepCares and FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care helped. I'm so grateful.

Experience a long long time ago. I adjusted steering boxes in Volvos I had. First one---faultless. Second one I worked too fast. Steering wouldn't return to centre. That was in a '72 Volvo I had bought new. Simple. Put it back to where I started and do it again. No harm done. I had adjusted too much.
Perhaps your steering gear was set too tight.

Dave

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
shit. i had the first tsb done. does anyone have a copy of the most recent tab for the steering while i’m still under warranty. cause it’s still not quite right.
I got the tsb flash, then went from aluminum to steel. It wont let me upload the video but pretty much could turn 8:00-4:00 and it stays straight🤣😂

70B38887-0548-4CF4-834B-09614C74EE64.png

1FCEBF0F-EA61-4414-8242-564EFCF8FD42.png

9D3490E2-1A14-423C-8E2E-33C319E33A65.png