Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Man I think i just found a cool dealer. I took my brothers car for some warranty work and mentioned my jeep, service manager comes out and we start talking about jeeps. Gave him the TSB number, and said I’d get a call for when i can expect parts. No questions asked.

It seems that he gets steering complaints daily on the JLs. So we’ll see if this actually solves anything.
Please let me know how the repair goes. I'd be willing to travel to Miami to find a Dealer who is responsive.
Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Please let me know how the repair goes. I'd be willing to travel to Miami to find a Dealer who is responsive.
Yeah for sure man, I’m hoping it goes well cause the service manager that came out started talking jeep with me and seemed like he knew of the issue. I mentioned how i hated massey yardley and he was super receptive to my issue.
The other service guy i spoke to mentioned how he gets daily complaints.

This was over in the north miami/aventura jeep dealer on 163rd.

Will update when i get the call about parts availability.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Scheduled a "diagnosis" appointment. First available slot isn't until 9/1 and they said they're running a full day behind. So my jeep will sit on the lot all day 9/1, get diagnosed 9/2, and I can pick it up EOB 9/2. Only then will they order parts and schedule installation (probably another 3 weeks after that and a full 2 business days agian) :headbang:

Kinda ridiculous that my Jeep will be out of commission 4 days for this and likely won't get fixed till the end of Sept or early October.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Scheduled a "diagnosis" appointment. First available slot isn't until 9/1 and they said they're running a full day behind. So my jeep will sit on the lot all day 9/1, get diagnosed 9/2, and I can pick it up EOB 9/2. Only then will they order parts and schedule installation (probably another 3 weeks after that and a full 2 business days agian) :headbang:

Kinda ridiculous that my Jeep will be out of commission 4 days for this and likely won't get fixed till the end of Sept or early October.
Ummm... if they know they are already running a day behind NOW why wouldn't they just schedule you for 9/2. Fail... lol.
This is one aspect I don't get about dealers. I'll schedule a solid week out thinking that certainly they've got there scheduling in order the further you go out and often times it doesn't get addressed in a timely fashion.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Ummm... if they know they are already running a day behind NOW why wouldn't they just schedule you for 9/2. Fail... lol.
This is one aspect I don't get about dealers. I'll schedule a solid week out thinking that certainly they've got there scheduling in order the further you go out and often times it doesn't get addressed in a timely fashion.
I literally asked that question. He said "nope, you gotta get in line on Tuesday to be seen Wednesday". Incredible.

Sponsored

Prioritypest

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 2019 Land Rover Discovery 2020 Jeep Willys
Just scheduled to have mine done 9/11, they said the parts were on backorder till 9/3. Hopefully they wont give me any crap about my lift, tires, trackbar and steering stabilizer. Fortunately and unfortunately it has a history showing my complaints with the steering one day after I purchased the jeep.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Just scheduled to have mine done 9/11, they said the parts were on backorder till 9/3. Hopefully they wont give me any crap about my lift, tires, trackbar and steering stabilizer. Fortunately and unfortunately it has a history showing my complaints with the steering one day after I purchased the jeep.
Interested to see how many folks get turned away because of mods. :facepalm:

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
part of the bulletin is software update. i’m curious what would happen just gettin the update. that way they can’t deny based on mods.

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
I went to the dealer last week for oil change and talked to the service manager about the steering issue was still there (after installing the new Track Bar last year on TSB 02-003-19) and that there was no point in changing the steering box... I want to wait for the permanent fix instead.

I just called my Service manager to inform him about this new TSB 08-074-20... he told me that he would look into it and will be getting back to me.
I called the Director this morning to have an update... He said that the TSB was clear... that if the customer complains, proceed with the repair.

He said that they will be ordering the parts without checking the codes as he knows that there are most likely none (they will confirm when they will perform the repair).

All in all, it was easy so far... I’m happy!

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Dealer "valet" picked up the jeep from my house on Saturday morning returned it Saturday afternoon. Told me that they will put the order in as soon as it's available seems pretty cut and dry. I didn't mind dropping it off, they torque checked my my aftermarket non-Mopar lift and had a tire rotation for free. I'm sure it's part of their investigation but free is free. I hope everyone else gets similar treatment
holy crap. sounds like your jeep dealer also sells lexuses or something lol.

mike49107

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
So, I visited two separate dealerships today regarding this. The first one gave me the whole "It's just a jeep thing" speech. He said I would have to schedule a time for a tech to diagnose the problem. About $200. I thanked him for his time and went to another dealership.

The second shop wasn't aware of the TSB, but said that since I was out of warranty, I would have to pay out of pocket. I asked them to give me a quote to have the work done. Needless to say, I will be going elsewhere when I decide to have this fixed. Even with a copy of the bulletin in front of them, they couldn't figure out what parts to order. And then proceeded to tell me that whole deal about only able to order one every two weeks and not available yet. But then told me I would be looking at about five days from today to do it??? Does that make any sense???

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") IMG_1222

When I asked why the TSB stated 1.9 hours labor and they quoted 3.5, I was told that warranty work is quoted differently. When I asked about the reprogramming, I was told that would be an extra charge, but they wouldn't give me a number.

I guess I'll just continue to suffer with my "normal" Jeep steering until I can find somewhere that I feel comfortable with.

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Went in to get a rear wiper blade yesterday and told my service manager about the TSB and that I have a bit of play in the steering. Was told today the parts are in order and they will get me in once they arrive. Don’t think mine is nearly as bad as some, but hoping I can at least get the steering to be as good as it was in my JK

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
How many labor hours does the book call for? Anyone know off hand?

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
part of the bulletin is software update. i’m curious what would happen just gettin the update. that way they can’t deny based on mods.
If it’s the one I got back at the end of the winter, it fixed the problem I had with losing my power steering when below freezing.
Sponsored