Sponsored

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Dealer ordered me a #507569AB today for my ‘21 Rubi.
Will post update on results.
BDinTX thank you for the pic. Very helpful.
Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Does a newer rev of the TSB cover 21's?
I'm not sure but I went out and checked mine. My part number is 507569AB, which is what was ordered for the previous poster. I have a 21 Rubicon with a build date of (March?) 2021.

Since the previous poster mentioned the AB was ordered for him, I'm guessing that some early 2021 Rubicon's may had received the old part.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Does a newer rev of the TSB cover 21's?
Nope!
But my complaint falls under my factory warranty.
2-3” of steering slop. Dangerous at highway speeds.
(I would post my vid but I’m embarrassed at my inability to drive, videotape, and wiggle the steering all at once lol.)

Shawn-JL-18

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018, 4 door JL
I have a ‘18 JL, with 51k miles. I am suffering from bad wandering steering, but just learned of the TSB for the steering box. My local dealers are refusing to help since I’m over 36k. I really need the steering TSB taken care of under warranty.

This feels like a definite safety issue, but every dealer I have spoken to has told me that I am out of luck. Has anyone had any experience trying to get Jeep or @JeepCares help with a JL over 36k miles?

@JeepCares please help!!

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a ‘18 JL, with 51k miles. I am suffering from bad wandering steering, but just learned of the TSB for the steering box. My local dealers are refusing to help since I’m over 36k. I really need the steering TSB taken care of under warranty.

This feels like a definite safety issue, but every dealer I have spoken to has told me that I am out of luck. Has anyone had any experience trying to get Jeep or @JeepCares help with a JL over 36k miles?

@JeepCares please help!!
Hey, Shawn-JL-18. I just responded to you on the other forum regarding this issue. Do you prefer to work through this one or the other one? Whichever you choose, message me there and we will get this resolved.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Shawn-JL-18

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018, 4 door JL
Hey, Shawn-JL-18. I just responded to you on the other forum regarding this issue. Do you prefer to work through this one or the other one? Whichever you choose, message me there and we will get this resolved.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Thanks Kate, let’s work through the other forum. I sent you a private message there. Thanks!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks Kate, let’s work through the other forum. I sent you a private message there. Thanks!
Awesome. I will follow up with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Took my jeep to get the steel box put in Friday. It drives much much better. There is a small 1” dead spot in the middle that was not there before but certainly not anything to complain over. Highway driving is back to one hand.

Sponsored

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
Does anyone have any video of this issue? When I was testing driving used Jeeps I did drive a 2019 JLU and the steering had a bunch of play in it, you could move the steering wheel either way a significant amount and not turn at all. I even mentioned to the salesman, something isn't right with this steering. Of course he blew it off, and I walked.

My 2020 JLU does seem like you have to make constant small adjustments but I can't tell if its an issue or just the road/tire tracking. I do get this odd 'dead spot' feel when I come to a stop but its just for a split second and is gone. Ive since upgraded my steering stabilizer to the Fox steering stabilizer with TS and I def noticed an improvement. That 'dead spot' feel doesn't really happen anymore.

I know the warranty administrator at my local AutoNation Jeep dealer ship so I have an in with any warranty work. Just not sure I want to attempt to fix something that really may not be an issue.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Major improvement with the new AB gearbox. Small twitches move the tires now. Also, it got progressively worse until I had a 3''+ dead spot and extremely spongy steering.

Needless to say, I'm an extremely happy camper now that its resolved.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
This is how bad it got at low speed. It was really bad.

Sponsored