Sponsored

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
So I got my TSB done last month. Felt ok after a couple of days then the pull to the right came back and it felt loose again. Also when driving over normal pavement with breaks or bumps I can feel like a little movement through the steering column. Like something is loose in there. Basically can feel through the column as the wheels roll over slight undulations in the road, there's slight movement I can feel in the steering column.

Taking it back in Thursday to have them look at it. Almost feels like things need to be tightened down.
Sponsored

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Still pulls right!!

My experience was and has been terrible on this, mostly because customer service is awful on every level.

Anyhow, it seems like the engineers figured out the solution, it's just not being properly relayed to the techs, and to customer service.

In my case - first time they swapped out my gearbox, they called to say that there was a problem with the new gearbox and the Jeep was now unusable. They put the old gearbox back in. Eventually, changed it out and then it drove even worse and pulled right. Went back, they made some adjustments. A little tighter but pulls right. Went back, they kept if for a week, know there's a problem and they don't know what to do and are waiting for a Chrysler engineer to help solve the problem.

I'll post a video at some point soon and maybe get the attention of Jeep.

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I took my Jeep in last week to have them look at it and address the 1 inch of dead spot in my 2020 JLUR. I left the TSB on the seat for the Tech and to my surprise he called me about an hour later to tell me they had all the parts in stock and it would be ready in a few hours! I will say the dead spot is gone and the steering is firmer than before. Im just glad i didnt have any push back from the dealer.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
I took my Jeep in last week to have them look at it and address the 1 inch of dead spot in my 2020 JLUR. I left the TSB on the seat for the Tech and to my surprise he called me about an hour later to tell me they had all the parts in stock and it would be ready in a few hours! I will say the dead spot is gone and the steering is firmer than before. Im just glad i didnt have any push back from the dealer.
What exactly did they do to eliminate your 1” of play?

Sponsored

Johnbuz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Tribeca
I had this TSB done and at low speed the steering feels the same as before, but at highway speed there is a massive improvement. I can drive at 80mph with 1 hand on the wheel and there is no wandering or correction needed. In fact I really enjoy highway driving in my Jeep now. Before it was terrible. I highly recommend this fix.

JerseyDIrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Check torque value of IShaft bolt (that they were supposed to replace) replaced as part of TSB. Many have reported not torqued to spec (myself included). Have read in a couple places this not tighten properly causing constant correction needed.

AC2639A5-2A70-47BC-977C-AF10491A4225.jpeg
903C0832-4123-4078-A294-923E85E4FA3B.jpeg
I checked the bolt and it was not loose, but it was only torqued to 30ft lbs, not the 40 that's recommended.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
I checked the bolt and it was not loose, but it was only torqued to 30ft lbs, not the 40 that's recommended.
Being sincere here ... how would you know that? Torque wrenches are not designed to work in the loosening process. At best, assuming you had a beam style torque wrench, it would only be a wild guess.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Took mine to the dealer today to get the TSB looked into and repair the rear defrost tab that fell off. They called and said they ordered all of the parts to replace the aluminum box with a steel one today! We will see how long it takes to get in.

*I did leave a copy of the TSB report on the passenger seat*

When I called I basically read of my symptoms as what the TSB report said.

Sponsored

Bejer

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport Firecracker Red
Took mine to the dealer today to get the TSB looked into and repair the rear defrost tab that fell off. They called and said they ordered all of the parts to replace the aluminum box with a steel one today! We will see how long it takes to get in.

*I did leave a copy of the TSB report on the passenger seat*
When I called I basically read of my symptoms as what the TSB report said.
Mine went in today too, they told me it would take about a week to get parts.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I was finally able to get mine replaced and picked up the Jeep today. The service manager said feedback on the steering TSB has been 'hit and miss' so he couldn't guarantee an improvement. I got in the jeep not expecting much and the first turn out of the parking lot, I knew it was a MASSIVE improvement. I really would have never believed the steering could be this firm and has ZERO dead spot now. It firms up as soon as you move the wheel off center and is much firmer now, almost too firm but still nice. It's gone from being the worst steering I've ever had in a solid front axle vehicle to the best. The boat like steering and wobble is gone. The wheel would wobble over undulations as the body tossed. Completely resolved. I used to start turning the wheel in advance for a turn from stop but don't have to do that now. It's pure joy.

I was also having issues with the push button start where I'd have to push the clutch several times to get it to start. Thought maybe the batteries were going bad but that's also resolved now. Must have been the software update. They also applied the fuel line sleeve and clutch recalls.

Stopped at the first walgreens and bought a $50 gift card for the service manager lol.

Bejer

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport Firecracker Red
i was also told 6 days for parts. Go in next Friday for replacement.
I surprisingly got a call today that it was done. Not sure how we got from a week to a day but I’m not complaining. Tightened everything up and I feel like it drives better than it ever did before.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I was unable to decide if I had a steering problem or not. Sometimes it felt like wind was pushing us around... Occasional near accidents when adjusting the radio... Finally I saw some things in this thread that resonated: the mention of having to constantly make small corrections, and this video (thank you for posting) which I definitely could not replicate. Took to the dealer today, they’ll have the parts and install tomorrow. They were not concerned that it was lifted.
Sponsored